Why is it?

That every time right before I take the portal from my covenant to Oribos I feel like yelling out “I’m going to the mall, anyone want anything?” That’s what Oribos reminds me of. Not an airport but a mall with a bus terminal in the parking lot.

OMG! They really are calling us “Mall Walker”!

14 Likes

6 Likes

Oribos feels like it was designed by a computer program, not a person.

4 Likes

Now I can not see the tavern in Oribos as anything other than a Food Court.

8 Likes

MAW WALKERS.
And it’s just you.

2 Likes

That makes everyone from Revendreth a Mall Goth.

6 Likes

That’s because it kind of is in the grand scheme of things. What did you expect? It’s an interdimensional bus terminal with a food court in it.

Also the NPCs there are, ya know, logical beings following their programming. Or you have completely ignored the NPC speech?

2 Likes

Bastion: Abercombie and Fitch
Revendreth: Hot Topic
Maldraxxus: Spencer’s Gifts
Ardenwaeld: Bath And Body Works

8 Likes

We always have… especially when you’re not in ear shot…

1 Like

They’re not there to work,
They’re not there to shop,
They’re just there…

3 Likes

It does have similarities to a mall. Just tell the kids to go find the corner of Oribos.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

Oribos is the worst “city” in the entire game.

3 Likes

It reminds me of a mall I went to years ago… Ontario Mills that was the same vaguely donut shape (except the hold had more stores). It was a depressing experience.

:cookie:

2 Likes

Oribus needs an Orange Julius and a Sbarro.

I almost yelled “Leroy Jenkins” before jumping into the Maw yesterday. Decided against it.

3 Likes

It kind of reminds me of a mall, too.

One town over, the mall they used to have closed down, so it is mostly vacant but there are a few business offices set up there.

The mall in my town is going in that direction too. Macy’s and Sears closed, Macy’s was a big draw for people in my town (their return policy is wild) and there is a dentist office, an A/C shop, a karate dojo, and a CHURCH in the mall. The church took up 3 storefronts worth of space and is an eyesore.

But the open space and echo of Oribos is very reminiscent of the malls in my area.

1 Like

I would sell my soul for a Wetzels Pretzels right now.

2 Likes

I don’t know what that is so I’ll settle for an auntie anne’s. Our mall has 2, one connected to the Cinnabon. It may or may not be my favorite place there…

1 Like

WHY is there not an old video game arcade full of bootleg 80s arcade machines? WHY!?

i wanna go get a pretzel from auntie anne’s and then go to spencer’s

1 Like

My mall used to have “mall goths” who hogged the DDR machine when I was back in high school.

1 Like