Why is it SIGNIFICANTLY harder to upgrade gear, than it is in LIVE Retail?

I thought this was supposed to be a “For Fun” Game mode, Where we could level multiple alts, and experience being OP,

Well I managed to level 3 70’s on Remix, and despite the fact that it wasn’t as fast as I felt they advertised it, or as it was in PTR even,

But now I got them,

However, I am now at an impasse… Which character do I decide to attempt to upgrade gear on? Because clearly I can’t do all 3 like was advertised, It would take 1.8 MILLION Bronze for me to upgrade my 3 characters…

But let’s look beyond the fact that it would cost me 1.8 MILLION bronze to upgrade my 3 characters,

How about just ONE character, 600k bronze… This amount is SIGNIFICANTLY harder to obtain and grind in order to upgrade gear than it is on LIVE Retail right now, WHY?

The Seasons on Retail, are the same length or even longer as this “LTM For Fun Mode” at 3 months, So why is it so significantly harder to upgrade gear?

It costs 15 crests to upgrade gear 1 entire level on LIVE Retail , and that is ONE Dungeon worth of crests…

It takes 9,000 Bronze to level up a weapon in Remix, ONE TIME, and while I don’t know exactly the time it would take to get 9,000 bronze , I know it is SIGNIFICANTLY longer than 1 dungeon on LIVE Retail. I have been playing since the beginning of this event, and it feels like it takes a couple/few hours to get 9,000 bronze… Compared to a 30 min dungeon to get 15 crests on LIVE

I just don’t get this reasoning in a “For Fun” mode that is supposed to be … Not serious? If that were true, then why is this treated like the most hardcore grind to ever grace World of Warcraft,

Why does it feel IMPOSSIBLE to me to upgrade my 3 alts, even somewhat… Even if I wasn’t able to upgrade them all, Even just upgrading them somewhat feels like it would take weeks, and I just don’t get the reasoning in this decision…

I am ready to just give up on this mode and I have loved it so far, but it feels really bad thinking of the hours upon hours upon hours I will have to spend to even get close to competing with people in this game mode, some of which are already in full ilvl gear from frogs, with 8m HP in raids, don’t even get me started on that.

This event feels like it was directly created for the most hardcore of hardcore players, and the rest of us can just kick rocks.

Edit;

I did m+ on my LIVE Main todat, and again found it shocking that after 20 min I could upgrade my weapon 1 full level if needed, compared to a few hours of farming in Remix.

Why?

2 Likes