Why is it "impossible" for them to give us AV 1.5?

I didn’t say that. I said that implementing 1.5 AV wouldn’t create an authentic 1.5 AV experience, just like taking Demon Hunters and placing them into 1.5 AV wouldn’t create an authentic 1.5 AV.

I’m not going to bother arguing with you on this though, and we both know that’s what you really want here.

and horde won 98% of the time in like 12m after the first couple of days. they weren’t doing hours long matches. it was done just as quickly as these 1.12 AVs.

:star:

1 Like

If the problem is caused by population imbalance and the fact that Horde, having sit through hours of queue times are itching to be there for as long as possible vs. Alliance who can mindlessly queue and push buttons for a while –

– it won’t matter which version of AV you implement.

1 Like

the only thing that would “fix” it would be mercing, which is obviously not happening in classic. :stuck_out_tongue:

I suspect you would not be happy with anything beyond blizzard mailing you all of the AV gear in the mail, or being able to purchase it in a cash shop.

4 Likes

What if they just added an “original” version of AV as a single-server option (like the original) that rewarded decent rep/honor, but didn’t invalidate the zerg version for people who want it?

I guarantee, there would be one running at all hours of the day. Not everything is about min-maxing of time - I want the freaking experience.

2 Likes

Lol nope famed mine legit long ago. You see the tabard in my portrait? Should be pretty obvious I’m a grinder.

It would be a far cry closer to the AV vanilla experience than the current husk of :poop:

My point of view and desires regarding AV have been anything but hidden. Curious as to what you think I “really” want.

1 Like

Just give us Korrak’s revenge. It’s more authentic than the 1.12 version that was at the very end of vanilla.

8 Likes

1.5 AV was not “original vanilla”. 1.5 AV was a Blizzard-improved version of the original 1.12 AV. You agree with Blizzard about this: 1.5 AV was better than 1.12 AV.

Here’s the problem. The only purpose of Classic WoW was to give players what they demanded: the original Vanilla WoW “before the Blizzard improvements”.

Blizzard couldn’t use a Blizzard-improved version of AV as part of that game, even though they agree with you: it was better.

We all want things that we think are “the best”. Blizzard cannot offer that to each of us. Maybe some day in the future the technology will exist to give each of us our own customized MMO.

While I agree with you they should re-add the servers this was the moment you lost a lot of your potential audience and this thread went from a potentially huge thread to a forgotten thread.

but but but… its war?

what :thinking:

1 Like
  1. we do not know if they have the data… they said that they lost some of the early database data due to only maintaining 2 databases(live and dev) and while this was changed during vanilla we do not know when it was changed so its possible they dont have the data to recreate it accurately which means it would never be authentic.
  1. Is a non point, they stated they wanted to make an authentic vanilla experience, dev time/cost is a non issue. If they make changes or are guessing at values they have no way to know if its authentic. Also the cost for a sub has not changed in 15 years so that sub fee has actually gotten cheaper due to inflation it should be closer to $20. Also just cause you dont see it there are still costs for running the game.

2. 1.5 AV would change nothing about the meta, it would not increase the game length because it didnt change that much, also 1.5 AV became 1.12 because of constant complaints during vanilla, so it wouldnt be better even if it could be done which we dont know.

Also Korraks Revenge was NOT 1.5, it was made to simulate 1.5 but it had TBC changes in it which would be extremely non authentic no matter how much it might help, and if they are gonna pull in changes from later expansions there are better things that could help the game more with smaller changes they could pull in.

Lol they couldn’t even do Warcraft 3 Reforged correctly they aren’t putting even the tiniest bit of effort in.

4 Likes

I hear Korrak’s revenge was built in a day. Shame they cant find a way to port that into classic no?

Not sure it would be complex or difficult whatsoever. Classic has the same foundation as BFA, so it would likely be simply swapping the two versions of the BG. The shame is that they built and tested it, to represent AV from Vanilla for the 15th anniversary, withheld it from those who actually wanted it, gave it to those who didn’t, and then tossed it in the dust bin after the predetermined span of time. A colossal snub to vanilla players returning for classic.

There is no “can’t” about it. It is purely an intentional choice not to, because ~reasons~

6 Likes

If AV is 1.5 (which I don’t care either way), then the ENTIRE Classic WoW should be 1.5

I dont want to play Frankenstein mix and match Classic WoW.

This is the weakest reasoning. NOTHING about the version of the BG has an impact outside of the BG.

Cannot help but notice you are on a BFA toon. Did it disrupt your retail play experience when they had korrak’s revenge in retail?

3 Likes