Why is Fire AOE uncapped?

And that’s something a lot of the low-tier players don’t understand.

The just say “remive the timer” without any concept of the living hell this would create. Nobody with a brain wants to play in the meta that would create, and do a weekly no-leaver with potentially hundreds of deaths. Because it would create an environment where people are in keys they have no business being in.

P.S - it’s the furthest thing from a red herring to request people provide some evidence that they have a clue what they’re talking about.

There’s no legitimate reason that a competent player uses a forum alt. Or, more correctly, the amount of times this is the case, doesn’t make it worth trawling through the vast majority where it’s not the case.

Judging from my own Mechagon dungeon experiences before they added it to the M+ rotation, people still wanted to get through those quickly. People quit leveling dungeons that take too long. I think you’re right in that people just don’t have the patience for that kind of content any longer.

Timer or not, people are going to expect to blast through.

1 Like

I’ll humor it.

It is a red herring because all you get is an echo chamber. Then it becomes a peeing match of where the line should be drawn - you see this most commonly in the arena forums where it starts at 1800 and then goes to 2100 and then “you just bought the carry bro”. A complete waste of time and off topic.

1 Like

I prefer that people actually back up what they’re saying in their post by citing sources etc. Someone’s mythic boss kill count means nothing if they can’t look at logs correctly when discussing class balance.

2 Likes

I agree with that. What constitutes competitive content is subjective.

Sorry, but that’s a weak argument when you’re wanting to discuss mythic+ design and balance on a level 55.

You simply don’t have access to even a small % of the info, and are providing no evidence that you do.

True, things can divulge into D measuring contests. But without any evidence, you’re just going to get dismissed and not even have the opportunity to have the discussion. The same way you’d get declined from a +15 with no IO. Sorry, no evidence that you know what you’re doing, bye.

That’s just how life works and how humanity has evolved. Everyone has an opinion. Few of them are based on good information, thus evidence of baseline knowledge is insisted upon. Call them qualifications, experience, whatever - it’s all a means to the same end. To filter out incompetence.

And that’s fair, but whether you’re doing 5’s or 25’s, you’re allowed to have an opinion on how these systems work. Dismissing it out of hand because he’s posting on alt isn’t productive. The point of these forums is to help people. You can hardly blame someone for not posting on a main. I often wonder if it’s too risky lol.

1 Like

It’s a couple more than that, but generally speaking Arcane looks great on Mythic logs because of 1-2 amazing players pulling godlike numbers. Sludgefist for example you have one player doing nearly 11k dps which skews things massively. The median damage for Arcane on that fight is ~6k. What that shows is that yes, Arcane has a very very high skill ceiling, but realistically it’s so poorly designed that only a tiny handful of players in the world are capable of making it work. Meanwhile the other ~10,000 Arcane parses across the 3 difficulties are struggling to get anywhere close to that.

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be skill ceilings, but that there should be less of a gap between a good player and a great player. When there’s an 80% dps difference between what the majority is capable of and what the top 0.1% can do it’s a problem with spec design and not good for the game in the short or long term. People who actually play it give up and move on to something else, while muppets spam forums saying that Arcane is OP.

I don’t see why a game that founded itself on being more accessible than anything else on the market would design a spec around fewer than 100 players.

Back on topic - I think it’s healthy for specs to be better at some things than others. The issue as someone pointed out, is that this expansion at least we have the top specs being better at ST, cleave and AoE while the others are simply not good at anything. Capping AoE for all classes wouldn’t break the game, would make it easier to balance and would potentially allow other specs to take a spot.

1 Like

Except for warlock fire. The devs would rather you don’t play destro.

1 Like

Why not satiate your curiosity by finding this out? It’s super easy. 2,877 Arcane parses in M. CN over the last 2 weeks. So it’s more than just 2 Arcane mage parses, like you claimed. Literally thousands of players have figured out how to excel with the spec.

That’s probably a big part of why you failed with the spec. It’s difficult to excel with something you just don’t enjoy because then what’s supposed to be a game is basically just a chore

I fail to see what my level has to do with anything in terms of relevance to the topic at hand.

I guess I’d prefer uncapped. It’s more fun in the few situations where you get to do it. Whatever they do, it needs to be consistent.

1 Like

Is that cumulative? Because WCL is showing only 900 shreikwing Arcane parses. By the time you get to Xymox it’s down to 170, and sludgefist has 37. Sire has 6. The only specs with lower representation are Survival and Demo. For reference, Fire has 6,600 on Sludge. Arcane’s median dps on that fight is 6800, comparable to Ele shaman who are 10th. Fire’s median is 7600 and Frost is 6100. What’s even funnier is that the ‘spread’ for Arcane on that fight is 2-3 times longer than any other spec. That to me suggests that there’s something wrong with Arcane.

1 Like

I’ve played since exactly then too.

In all that time you obviously haven’t picked up much, being a lvl55. And you talk about hiding inadequateness - lol.

As for m+, it’s the only content worth doing in this game. Unless you think being stuck with 3 difficulty levels (1 relevant one) for 6 months at a time is good in any way.

Just another scrub trying to have opinions on things they know little about, and too cowardly to post on their main (as they’re terrible and will get shot to ribbons).

/shoo

This is the mage forum. Presumably you’re posting on an alt. You make some good contributions in other threads, but I don’t understand the toxicity.

2 Likes

Well, then we’re into the whole “what is a main?” Conversation. Having a single main isn’t really a relevant concept anymore.

But the point is, I post on characters that provide evidence that I have a clue what i’m talking about. As do you. As does anyone that gets listened to.

If whats his face can’t or won’t do that, that’s fine. But they’re going to get BS called on them regularly, and rightly so.

I’m not going to argue semantics with you, but there’s always a bigger fish. While I’m happy with my progress as I’m sure you are with yours, we did it months after the truly good players. And we needed more gear and experience than they did.

1 Like

Not suggesting there isn’t. Which is why I wouldn’t post on this character to discuss my thoughts on +20 or +22 keys.

I wouldn’t say i’m happy with this characters progress actually. I just pug to around KSM and then play the next class on the list and do the same. To me that’s kinda minimum level of knowing how to play whatever class you’re on - par for the course. I could get them all a lot higher, and do for some, but I normally get bored once key levels get high enough that I can’t instantly find groups.

Each to their own though.

because the developers of this game have all been lobotomized. There is literally no other explanation for something so unbelievably stupid as making every class except the 2 highest dps capped.

3 Likes