Why is everyone rerolling sin?

People might be catching onto the fact that subtlety only feels good to play during subterfuge openers / shadow dance and even then, only if nothing like CC, knockbacks, immunities, etc. interrupt them.

Trying to exhaust everything your opponents have to get a safe dance off might feel somewhat rewarding when done correctly but that uphill battle isn’t a particularly fun one.

But I haven’t personally seen this shift. It seems like the overwhelming majority of rogues are still sub.

3 Likes

I’ve always felt guns and explosions feel kind of dumb for a class thats suppose to be sneaky.

All I want is a throw weapon/shuriken glyph so I can feel sneaky as a rogue and arent also forced into having daggers. As long as I can opt out of gun fantasy in some way I wouldn’t mind rogues having it.

1 Like

FTFY

1 Like

I don’t really mind the outlaw fantasy, but it would be nice to be able the glyph the gun into a crossbow or something.

6 Likes

Sin is def more fun and well designed.

But is Sin legit now ? I still see only Sub at 1600+

1 Like

Missing gouge and that’s just ikky… The fact that they pruned gouge… /punches stupid rogue Benedict Arnold that sold us out in Legion Alpha due to WoD piss poor designs. (pruning and modern CP system)

3 Likes

Its Because for the first time in Shadowlands Sin sims higher than Sub, so for PVE you can get better numbers.

PVP players are not going to sin. There is something like 5 sin rogues in NA with a rating over 2100 as of last night. Sub has the toolkit for that.

1 Like

I already made it clear I see more in low rated I never said sub isn’t played at 1800+ I am just noticing more sin than usual.

1 Like

There may be a variety of reasons for that. Swapping specs mid-season can be tough. Sin’s most valuable secondary stat after vers is sub’s lest valuable stat. Legendaries are expensive and time consuming to upgrade. People climbing are already settled in with their comps and partners.

I’m thinking sin is still behind but not by much.

1 Like

it’s fun multi-doting I feel like a Melee afflic

2 Likes

Actually the difference in ST dmg is barely 2%, and thats if you use the Legendary that only boosts ST dmg for Sub.

So they are actually on par with each other, problem is that Sub completely lacks Cleave which is a massive disadvantage, and Sin is punished less for mistakes and mechanics

We’re talking PvP here unless I missed something

If its PvP then i heard that Sin as gotten better due to having a really strong burst, but most people still peak Sub since that spec is all about Burst and having far more CC.

Key words lol

I have a rogue from legion started levelling her. Try outlaw and my HP is drop to like half after every other mob. Try sub and didn’t like it since I play as a sin rogue back in legion. But it was way undergone in the beginning of SL so I did not plan to level it yet. Now is Ben buff I might give it a shot.

1 Like

Sub might be the easiest class in the game for PvP, this isn’t season 9 or 10 Cata anymore.

2 Likes

You’re confusing arms for sub

No, no I’m not. That “Sub has a high skill cap” thing doesn’t exist anymore, sorry if that upsets your fragile ego. It used to be a thing, it just isn’t now.

2 Likes

You are. If arms probably wasn’t the second easiest spec to play in arena you might have a point.

The only one with the fragile ego here is you considering you came to the rogue forum as a warrior.

Is sub as hard as it used to be? Of course not. No class is. Sub is still harder than arms though :joy:

1 Like

This is false.