Why is Discord WOW and Overwatch so ban happy?

I got b banned from both over things that were not issue… I admit I showed some stuff that was clearly a joke and not PC I said as much and no warining I got banned from both instantly…

I consider myself a Moderate not Republican or Democrat.

I notice this problem in Blizzard alot… People Silience others based on their opinions…

Truely what has life come to these days in 21st century its almost as if nobody has thick skins anymore… the smallest thing enrages them or causes them to play the victim over something they were not alive to see…

The state of todays world makes me sad and depressed I see only a world on verge of World War 3… this world will end in death and destruction not being grim but being true…

it appears humans cant tolerate those with different opinions… And this will end in death some day…

Your sad healer thinking on state of todays Earth and how its falling apart in many ways… Some of you may understand others you might not be able to understand at all…

Life is kind but also Harsh as well…

I posted this here as it really has nothing to do with Wow… Just so reflective on life in general tonight this rarely happens to me…

Freedom of speech protects you from the government silencing you. Private groups are entirely free to decide what is acceptable, and ban you accordingly.

7 Likes

“Government” only decides the extent at which they will protect and violate rights. Rights are internal nobody “gives” them to you. The problem is so many are used to being told what they can and can not do they can’t make that decision for themselves. If your decision negatively effects another person THEN its a problem and that doesn’t matter if it is “legal” or not its wrong and you personally are violating someone else’s rights. Depending on what is being said if nobody is being harmed or harassed silencing you may be “legal” but it DOES violate your rights.

People in power get triggerd easily. This has been a thing for years

People are way too PC anymore.

When I was a kid, people had thick skins. You could make fun of people. No one did anything dumb, because you made fun of them. No one called regular life stuff “Bullying.” Bullying would be REAL bullying, like someone beating you down everyday on the playground.

People were accountable, because you said stuff around other people. We didn’t have this fancy “Internet” board thing, where you posted stuff anonymously about someone else at your school or something. Odds are, if you said something bad about someone people knew who said it.

I think part of that was that people were more disciplined and more adult; Every other guy in my Junior High had a “hunter’s safety course” badge. So they were all familiar with guns, but disciplined. No one got bent out of shape about something, then used the gun. The gun was for hunting.