Why is BlizZard afraid of delivering more PVE content?

DF wasnā€™t bloated with PVE contentā€¦it was like a diet coke of BFA for example.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

why are you afraid of mailing me money??

How so? The x-pack has a total of 6(.5) zones, 3 raids, 8 dungeons, and 1 megadungeon. Itā€™s in line with most other recent x-packs.

I think the real problem with PvE in Dragonflight is that there was too much of it.

One release after another of ā€œgo to this zone and farm this currency for new rewardsā€. Elemental storms, time storms, Zaralek, the Dracthyr island, emerald dream, the archaeology thing, the thing at the reservoir, the thing with Hamuulā€¦ Iā€™m probably forgetting a few.

There were too many.
They released too fast.
They were all the same.

They just became background noise, so people barely even noticed them. Or did them.

2 Likes

I would but my pay days isnā€™t till the following Friday. :frowning:

We all play the game, just saying

Hunt
Siege
Feast
Cobalt Assembly (thanks Brakkarion)
Elemental Storm
Primal Storm
Sabellion/Wrathion reputation
Fyrakk Assault
Time Rifts
Researchers Under Fire
The entirety of Forbidden Isles
Treasure Hunts
Dream Surge
Super Bloom
Archeology Dig

But none of this was tied to relevant player power, so players dropped it as soon as the rewards became stale.

2 Likes

iā€™ll wait! :slight_smile:

but if that day comes and i donā€™t have the money from you, iā€™ll have to conclude itā€™s because youā€™re afraid!

1 Like

Legit serious because lets face it. NO PVP player wanted to see a copy pasta of Seething Shore as a FOMO event.

Man, I was just typing up a list and you got some I missed. But ones you missed was the Cobalt Assembly and the Furbolgs.

But yeah, thereā€™s a lot of open-world content, while still having most PvE time spent in raid or dungeons.

^ This.

It was too much.

I donā€™t even think it was that, there were just too many and they released too quickly.

It stopped being a ā€œhey hereā€™s this thing to poke at on the weekend for a whileā€ and became ā€œbetter finish this up this month because a new oneā€™s coming next monthā€.

Iā€™m a collector and completionist. But even I just gave up doing it.

If I scroll down I see topics complaining that they never do anything for PvP. :woman_shrugging:

We can make a long list of WoD PVE content too but at the end of the day neither expansion has depth to them when it comes to PVE content.

Like I saidā€¦DF PVE content is diet coke compared to BFA.

Meh, this IS a PvE event, with a bit of mad dash PvP at the end.

I donā€™t know, Iā€™ve never played a BR game before.

But I expect everyone to be running around, ignoring each other, as they try to gather powers and what not until the encroaching circle finally shoves everyone together at which point itā€™ll be random bedlam and everybody dies.

The winner will be as much dumb luck as it is PvP ā€œskillzā€.

I had toons on a PvP server since BC, and I can count on one hand how many times I got ganked. And a similar amount of times of ā€œwild and crazy world PvPā€ happening. Most folks just wanted to be left alone and level or fish or whatever.

I got more World PvP when BfA announced Warmode and we had those quests to pop in, kill folks, and pop back to PvE world get a buff or whatever it was.

I think this gameā€™ll be fun, depending on how much you have to work through it to get the rewards you want.

1 Like

I guess if youā€™re blind, there is no PVE content, haha! If you look around at all, you would notice that there have been multiple world eventsā€“more in Dflight than other expansions combined! And more WQ! And for the first time ever, a rotating dungeon pool for M+! Thereā€™s also more campaign quests in Dflight and side stories in Dflight than any other expansion has ever had, haha!

If you are talking about open world pve content, then yeah DF was very lackluster. Not quite as bad as Shadowfails open world stuff, but not much better either. And the horrible phasing issues ruined open world Df stuff often.

1 Like

New pve season is in a couple weeks? like wtf are you on about?

I am not blind but at this point I am blinded so much that BlizZard ignores PVE when PVE players are starved for content.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

And they all were so incredibly boring.

But open world content being super boring is the standard so it is what it is.

Fix existing issues with PVP!