Why is AV so bad?

It’s the game. Players have the final choice, sure, but if the players want to progress in their objectives they are forced to play this garbage.

2 Likes

I’m curious if this is what the alliance AV premades are doing too, or are they actually winning well. If they’re just racing with no real strat involved, that’s lame too.

It’s interesting how blizzard managed to release a BG so bad that horde players are happy they DON’T have to play it.

You’re not specifically wrong, but to be honest, it’s the capability of alliance to premade it that ruins it more than anything else to me. That feels like more of an oversight than anything the devs did to screw it up. I love the games that last 20-30 minutes. I also appreciate the fact that our 20-30 minute ques mean I can be competitive in the honor bracket and still do things other than WoW.

Like, say that Horde could also premade… that would mean I would have to nolife even harder to make rank. I don’t think I’d enjoy that more than the current 20 min ques tbh.

Pretty much.

AV has always been the most controversial battleground because it’s basically a pve race. If AB was out and we had BG weekend it would spice up the honor farm as nothing beats a BG weekend Q.

AV has always been super boring. Even if they brought back the original version how would more NPCs make the pve bg more fun

Top issues in my grind:
-Wish I could premade since alliance can easily (no, discord pugs is not premade)
-Would like some small fixes in AV that prevent exploitation (Drek/Van solo pulls, back door terrain skips, etc)
-Wish there was incentive to participate or even out honor across the bg options. Afking in AV is actually more honor than trying to fight and getting killed after doing damage

Not treating this as expecting changes, it is what it is, but these are the things that are making this rank grind annoying.

you’re alliance, you rush boss because you can afford to, with your instant queues

There are two paradigms here.

Alliance - Optimal honor dictates that they rush the base and want a quick game because they have instant queues. So if they encounter resistance, it’s far better to afk out and eat the deserter buff.

Horde - Because they don’t have instant queues, optimal honor dictates that you want to turtle and rack up some HK’s and honor bonuses. However, the longer the game, the more you screw your own faction with the queue times.

Only real solution is to nerf AV bonus honor so WSG and AB are slightly better on average. Also remove all bonus honor if you afk out.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/112-av-is-a-huge-huge-mistake/129052?u=robfried-shadow-council

Alliance Pugs suck in Classic, same strat every time, Galv>FWGY>Drek, epic mounts get ahead, Horde starts picking off peps, at Galv, get hit behind by horde, if we get him down Horde will hit us at FWGY, get stuck in middle of map, start retreating and hope Horde Caps VStorm quickly and not just try to farm us for the next 30 minutes while 4-5 alliance afk.

That is scenario 1. Scenario 2 in that strat is that horde doesn’t recall or pressure enough for defense and tunnel to Bal. They then try to defend after you are already in our keep. They rez from the cave and splash against FW GY and trying to get deeper in, but just wipe over and over. Trust me, there is stupidity on both factions in abundance.

We have people making discord premades that are awful that win like 1 out of 10 games like a certain one by Gazz I’m amazed Horde aren’t loving the easy wins by these.

1 Like

lmao nice try dumbass
mad that you got kicked?

Hmmm. You Alliance. You need to talk to your management.

You guys seems to always follow orders . . . do what you’re told.

Horde isn’t like that. We all freelance. Consequently we all learn the games. As situations change, we all react in our individual way. What we have now is an AV that is getting to be rather fun. Lots of PVP. And we win two/thirds of our games now at least. I am having fun.

You picked the wrong faction. People who enjoy PvP always pick Horde. It took the overwhelming majority of Horde players a weekend to break free from the Reddit meta.

The majority of Alliance players can’t stand PvP but want the rewards. They will never break free from the meta as none of them ever had any “PVP LIFE” and just want their purple items with as little resistance as possible.

Most people posting on behalf of Alliance on these forums aren’t even Classic players. Just salty retailers who have suffered for over a decade.

Are you an adult? Put the kool-aid down.

It might be the huge head start the do nothing blizz devs give them at the start then they wipe half the raid from the get gg blizz.

i haven’t won av in over 60 games now.

w/e, i am now leveling a horde toon/abandoning my alliance characters today: if you can’t beat em, join em. easy, no effort wins inc.

I feel like I’m playing an entirely different game. I’ve won 2 or 3 out of about 15 the last 2 days. Horde never defends, and alliance just march past SHB or Galv straight to Drek and ends it in 8-9 minutes…every…single…time…