Why is AV dominated by Horde?

Lol cute. You think you’ll be playing AV

Orc stun should be like human perception. A clickable ability that lasts 20 seconds and has a 3 min Cooldown. Wtf is this passive no skill OP garbage.

1 Like

There is a vastly different general population between horde and alliance. Of course there may be a couple people that do not fall into this generalization but having played on both sides and in a ton of raid groups I can tell you that the below is generally true.

Most horde players are pvp minded and joined horde to have a crutch in pvp. Age group 16-39.
Alliance has more female players, elderly and young kids that play with their parents. Age groups 11-15 and 40-70.

The character min maxers went horde.
The people that care more about looking cute went alliance. notice that there are a ton of human female priests that didnt roll dwarf?

In AV the botting is pretty equal on both sides, but the afking is much higher on alliance due to queues being instant meaning they can click two buttons with 0 wait time and go back to afking / playing another game while afking.

AV, WSG, WPVP…it doesn’t matter how I have to PVP as long as you can no longer just PVE for your PVP gear…lol

Here, have some :salt:

2 Likes

I can tell you with 100% certainty that winning an AV as alliance even as a premade is much much harder then turtling as horde. You’re in for a world of hurt when your queue times for AV double and you cant pug your way to max Rank anymore.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that winning an AV as alliance even as a premade is much much harder then turtling as horde. You’re in for a world of hurt when your queue times for AV double and you cant pug your way to max Rank anymore.

1. I am not in for any “hurt” because of queue times. I will just farm more gold.
  2. I have no desire to go beyond Rank 9-10.
  3. I can always go out in the world and get my PVP fix in if needed.
  4. WSG is more fun!
2 Likes

I can care less about losing in a fair fight because at least i have a chance at capturing towers or something. but starting a game with way less ppl than your enemy, you won’t even get an attempt to capture anything and most likely you will finish the game with 0 honor pts.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s crazy. Good thing there’s no race in the game with 25% stun resist.

It is pretty simple really:

1. More 50s for alliance because of instant Qs, some also go right to the cave and never help at all

2. Horde have more determination to do what needs to be done to win because of longer Qs. Motivation = better teamwork

3. Moar AFKers. Horde kicks AFKers more regularly because of (2). Just ask to kick AFKers sometime in raid chat on alliace, half the time you will get 3-4 idiots saying ‘why bother?’, ‘let them them win’, ‘who cares?’. So there goes 3-7 spots that active 60s could have. (horde have fishers as well but you can look at the stats and there are always more alliance with 3 0s than horde)

4. From… brainwashing? A chunk of alliance just try to ride by horde instead of fighting, they will try multiple times… some make it and some don’t. End up split up and the ones that make it eventually get stomped by horde. Total fail. This is NOT what good premades do. Sure they will try and ride S but if horde try and stop them, good premades will all dismount and then stomp the horde, then ride on. Good premades will not let more than 2-3 get picked off. In fact this is why the not as geared/ranked premades will often head to ibgy and hold it. In fact, good PUGs I have been in will do exactly the same and I have won matches with them. PUGs can win and do win, just too idiots, AFKers and 50s on average to do it regularly.

The upcoming changes will not help much with any of that, except for the 4th point since the average AV alliance player will be ‘better’ (hmm, I guess will help with point 3 hopefully as well). So after changes, I expect AV matches to be more competitive/less lopsided, but Horde will have an edge. To me that is fine, this really changes nothing as far as ranking goes and should improve the gameplay. Now, will less alliance do AV and instead do WSG? Not sure, will be all about the HPH.

It was skilled people who only cared for the rep grind and loot. One and done. This change will likely kill av for the next phase

/smh even if the queue times were doubled.(extremely unlikely) All honor is relative to your server. Everyone on the horde would be in the same boat. Would be the top brackets would have less honor regardless of what happens, and rankings would still occur.

Not ranking? this is very, very naive

Sure is but does that make it any less true? Especially in AV where alliance peemades and pug alike try the exact same rush to PvE boss strat they’ve used for 15 years! When it doesn’t work because pvp stops it? /afk out.

Oh no salt for me. I love WSG. My old classic stomping ground

You seem to be equating PvP with aggressing against opponents on those grounds alone.

The man laid out the entire dichotomy of the Horde vs Alliance AV meta and this is your hot take?

:clap:

1 Like

All the tryhard Alliance have segregated themselves into their own little bubble and only queue together. The Horde tryhards queue up just like everyone else.

This is the case.

horde que times make them much more resilient in the face of adversity

You have no idea the silly thinks I have seen random Alliance guys /afk out of BGs for. Saw a guy get mind controlled today and insta-/afk out. And at least 2 or 3 times a day someone /afks out of one of my saps.

I cannot imagine any horde getting sapped and thinking “Welp, i guess im done now”

2 Likes

This sums it up entirely and is exactly what is going on

No. I’m equating pvp with engaging the pvp in a pvp battleground. Not rushing full speed to a single pve boss, avoid engaging in the pvp, and /afking out if that one single pve tank n spank race is slowed down/ fails because the pvp was engaged by the other team.