Why is Alliance so easily defeated on Korrak

No tanks.

Literally every match I won has at least 3 tanks and a bunch of people who can CC. The games that I lost has few or even neither. Fewer tanks and CCers means less points that can be taken at a time. Heck, I’ve even attended tankless games.

I think the group finder betrayed us or there’s just no alliance tank at all. However once they do show up, there can be 5-7 tank at the team.

I can’t even…

/sigh

Also earlier in the game, Alliance has to deal with way more NPCs than Horde does. There’s an army of guards in the area around IBT, IBGY, and TP and they all have to be killed otherwise a random horde will waltz through, use them to wipe you, and backcap.

By contrast, the NPCs surrounding SHB are sparse to begin with and most of them will drop aggro by the time you’re in the bunker next to the flag. To compound things, the lower level of the bunker offers a football field’s worth of space to fight without getting hit by archers or aggroing unkilled guards.

11 Likes

Also, the Alliance sucks

11 Likes

Hate to say it but I think it’s just because they play better. When it goes full alliance vs Horde turtle, they win every time because they go progression + group.

My Alliance wins have almost always been ‘main alliance party rushing’ + smaller band of alliance players holding back horde through cc and terrain.

The graveyard is good, but I’ve given up trying to get 8-12 people there so Dun Baldar is sooooo important because it’s easy to rez and CC on the bridge. Can end it there.

2 Likes

This may also be of concern:

(not my content, someone else did it)

11 Likes

Because every time I attempt AV on Alliance they always run to Korrak. Every. Single. Time. Because Alliance rogues don’t pressure Horde to go back to base and recap towers. One rogue can force 5+ people to go back and deal with one person, hell half the time Alliance doesn’t even notice that I’ve capped Baldar Bunkers.

2 Likes

This is why you cc them. Anyone trying to kill those npcs is doing it wrong

I think the point he’s trying to make is the Horde Commanders have 397,000 HP and the Alliance Commanders have 39,700 HP.

CC only goes so far, you can’t drop aggro on them, and they will chase you pretty much across the map

6 Likes

Didn’t they just fix the HP issue though?

2 Likes

I did like 10 rounds of Korrak last night on an alt and the only time any even mentioned going after Korrak was one round where part of our group got trapped in the north and those of us that could escape went around and killed Korrak.

I didn’t get credit because they killed him right before I got there. But that was the only time anyone even bothered with him.

the alliance needs gnomeunism then their will be no need for war between the gnometariat

Health doesn’t matter if you just learn to sheep.

You can kill him and get credit in Zul’drak anyhow. No need to bother doing it in Korrak’s Revenge.

I wasn’t concerned, I was just noting that because I wasn’t close and/or tagged him I didn’t get credit. I would have figured it was raid wide but I found out otherwise.

I try to but it’s hard when Horde come to try to backcap and you’re one of the many specs that can’t do so much as breathe without splash damage. A couple classes of Horde can also just cleanse off your sheep/trap/etc.

So can the alliance. In fact, you’re human. Like…

Summon commandos

We’re talking about Horde dispelling CC from CC’d elites, not removing CC from yourself. So for example I sheep the commander guarding the flag → cap flag → Horde comes by to backcap, dispels CC from commander → the player and commander bash my face in together → Horde backcaps.

1 Like

Yes. All of which the alliance can also do. Where is your issue with this?

If you read the thread, the original context is that the Horde commanders have way more HP than their Alliance counterparts, which is what necessitates the CC in the first place because otherwise you’re spending years killing them. Horde can just kill the Alliance commanders since they’re only a little bit more tough than any other guard NPC. If Alliance come to backcap, Horde can devote their full efforts to defense without worrying about the CC’d commander getting its CC broken and fouling everything up.

7 Likes