Why I have my doubts

It does not exist for nostalgia reasons. That is the same bologna argument everyone gave about us wanting Classic and look at how all of the modern gamers feel about the game right now. You’re being naive in my opinion

That’s fine man, I hope you are right too, cause I want classic wow to succeed, but honestly I just don’t see the long-term potential a 15 year old game with no updates. People will get bored eventually, whether you like it or not.

Frankly I think it’s people just being salty for the sake of it. Maybe they are mad they aren’t in the beta, or maybe they hate the state of retail and are trying to find reasons to why Classic sucks or whatever.

End of the day it’s just salt and they’ll play Classic and love it anyway.

2 Likes

For starters, I am not salty. I am just concerned about where the game is going to be years down the road. I am all for classic wow, and I am happy they are introducing it.

I’m not being naive, I was around back then too man - and you’re ignoring everything else that was said. You already have changes in both private servers and classic.

It exists because you want the exact world that was created and then evolved from into what it is today, which you don’t like. You want to go back to that time. That’s nostalgia. Once you start playing and recognize why things were done and you have basically the same experience you had before, you will not be complaining any longer.

1 Like

Reading some of these comments… Do people not KNOW about the fact that there are 6 content releases for Classic? Not everything is available at Classic launch.

Molten Core and Onyxia are the ONLY 2 raids in the game at launch. You won’t be running the same thing over and over again from the beginning. Its progressive.

The “no updates” argument doesn’t really exist. They’re emulating the updates into 6 phases. They’re by definition updates. But everything is old aynways so its not new. Its classic. :slight_smile:

Every one of the 6 patch releases that will happen in Classic will see new content for us. Check it out.

Could you imagine if everything was available at launch? Like Naxx at classic launch??? LOL! That would be trash.

Read the first sentence in my post. I am referring to the game’s state after phase 6.

Thats why I didn’t reply to you. Read my first sentence in my post.

“reading some of these comments.”

We have a couple years before either of these are a thing.

If Classic is a runaway hit Blizzard might entertain some kind of progression whether that is BC servers or whatever.

A lot of people just want an immersive game they can play for a long time. You’ve full cleared Naxx on your Warrior, but what about that Druid you just got to 60. I won’t be surprised to see this squeeze out at least a year+ of enjoyment by many WoW fans.

Classic WoW is the most “sandboxy” version of WoW, so I don’t see constant patches and content releases being a reason why the game will be successful. A museum is exactly what we asked for, and the responses so far have been overwhelmingly positive since the Beta went live.

So you would rather read the comments on a post without knowing what the post is actually about?

I imagine most were alt accounts and gold sellers/farmers. I believe Nost peaked around 10k online towards the end. I’m not sure what Kronos is at now, but not counting them I think the other major pservers peak at around 15k combined. I think at best we have 100k people in the vanilla community, and might be able to pull in close to that long term converting retail players.

I think it is highly unlikely that we maintain anywhere near 1 millions players.

1 Like

Either f r e s h vanilla servers after the naxx patch has been out a while or open up TBC servers that people can choose to move to, but I’d prefer if we weren’t forced to move.

For me, several years at least.

This sounds like a generality which mostly applies to retail players and not vanilla enthusiasts.

Fair enough, still a niche crowd though.

This project will require little to no maintainence in the long term. If people dont want to play they wont. but blizzard would rather have people play here as opposed to pservers.

Retail expansions will continue to come, dont worry OP

If Classic is successful, it might have effects reaching into live, even if servers turn into ghost towns 3 years down the road. Even then, retail can’t hold down subs more than a few months currently.

So, basically, I’m hoping classic is a wake up call for ongoing retail development.

1 Like

You’re arguing in circles.

An MMO that has a full monthly fee that never has content updates obviously isn’t targeted for mass consumption.

Yes, a niche crowd which is who Classic is primarily for.

1 Like

I don’t even play retail anymore.

I don’t want to run Naxx forever. I want to run it at all.

Seriously, I will worry about playing a maintenance-mode game after I finish it. TBC came out well before most of us had a chance to see a lot of the end-game stuff, and there are also a bunch of classes I barely tried.

#NoChanges is about us getting a chance to do those things we didn’t get to do, or redo them. There will be nothing stopping Blizzard from keeping Classic around as long as there’s demand for it (which there is right now). Likewise, if it turns out that people do eventually want changes, additions, or expansions, there will be nothing stopping Blizzard from doing any of that.