Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

I am not sure that is true, given in most fantasy, they are simply black smith and don’t ever become engineers. There is more to it as well. I believe in other fantasy novels, the dwarves are largely isolated and return to being reclusive shortly after. In WOW, they’re rather friendly and more thanw illing to associate with other races. iirc.

Btw, guys, I am really enjoying my Zandalari warrior. It plays so much more quickly and smoothly than my DK. Like…god…its fun.

I also get to dual wield scythes like an edgelord and keep my DK mog. Its really nice.
Only problem is my feet show instead of boots. =(

Maybe I’ll roll a pissed off green orc named Pickle

Korea’s split wasn’t balkanisation. It’s sort of a reverse of it. When a nation balkanises it splits as a result of some kind of (usually ethnic or cultural) tension. Korea was split in two as a result of the the war in the Pacific during WW2 and the resulting Cold War and the the resulting mutual enmity came about after decades of warfare that wasn’t fought for organic reasons.

If you’d like to better understand the full meaning of the concept, iapps has a really good article called ‘Politics of Balkanization: Divide and you shall conquer’ about the history and contemporary meaning of the idea. ThoughtCo also has a good piece on it.

1 Like

Aidi…do you have the tweet from a dev involving the zandalari troll model?

I guess so. I’m going to be honest with you, 15 years ago I was more into science fiction than fantasy, so if you tell me that the gnomes of my youth were all about shoes and living in trees or toadstools, and not about gadgets and gizmos, I’ll believe you.

I will concede orcs. As Blizzard even subverted their own Warcraft and Warcraft 2 lore to give us their savage shaman.

Would never stick. Within 1 expansion they would be retroactively declared the good guys.

Also just a bad idea for customer retention. There are some players in WoW who like to play the bad guy, and not a one of them plays Alliance. There are some players on the Alliance side who have some nauseating ideas about what a ‘good guy’ can or should do, but the average Alliance player couldn’t stand Taran Zhu giving them partial credit for bringing a war to Pandaria. Blizzard would lose a solid 40% of their playerbase if they tried to make the Alliance all out evil.

Wasn’t it from an interview?

THat is true and unfortunate. I recall the outrage that resulted when they were partially blamed for the Pandaran war and the outrage over the Purge of Dalaran. I believe that is when Jaina began seeing hate and getting called a Doomlord.

Annnnnd the OP has now been hidden for the fifth time. Yeet.

I think so…but I got into a rather annoying discussion with some alliance players who believe the zandalari troll model is a night elf model, and believe the Kul TIran model is Vrykul based.

As someone who uses 3d modeling, it was rather unsettling.

Ticket it and see if the mods can deal with the flag abusers.

I just wish we could all be friends. :sleepy:

1 Like

It is not abnormal. The number 1 way to make a bad impression is to disagree with someone.

Nevermind, it got restored again.

I’d still ask about it. Have that powers that be step in officially.

I wanna be part of this.

Hi.

Greetings traveller, can I touch your hair?

grimaces

If you’re gentle.

I won’t be.

Don’t make me use Warstomp.

Guzzle is just awkward and doesn’t know how to not be.
Don’t mind him.

2 Likes

I basically agree with the OP. Giving Alliance High Elves when they are already on the Horde seems a waste of time and resources.

3 Likes