Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

Yes, and they needed to do better with that; still do. But the potential is there.

Don’t always need to hate the other side, rivals on even relatively good terms can antagonize each other.

You mean what theyve done with Koltira and Thassarian, but actually wrote it?

Lets be clear here: Faction Pandaren arent going to receive writing because they would need to explain why Huojin are still Horde after SoO and BFA?

Any potential they had has been eight years dead.

To be fair in MoP you do start Horde/Alliance aligned towns populated by mainland Pandaren.

But yeah, that’s what I mean. If they put more effort into it they could make the Pandaren slaughtering each other really engaging. Imo they should be drawing less from sort of meaningless ideological conflicts like the yin and yang but more from the Chinese civil war. An extremely bloody and vicious war fought by the same people over ideological differences.

1 Like

Which has zero to do with the faction-playable Pandaren. All you have to do is shift the starting zone from Wandering Isle to Pandaria…and you can use the ideologies actually during the expansion.

I dunno, how’re the Gnomes still not back in Gnomer after decades despite being the smartest race? Why didn’t they deploy Gnomish environment suits and aircraft in Lordaeron? Why wait to blow up the ships? Why didn’t the Sylvanas lay her trap underground along with a skeleton crew rimshot to hold the choke points?

Bad writing, but that doesn’t mean it can’t get better.

1 Like

You need the dragon maw and Black rock skins too. No other cause for outrage than that.

#orcsneedlovetoo

1 Like

Oh don’t even get me started.

I am livid.

Really let down.

1 Like

The difference is: there is no writing for the faction pandaren after the Wandering Isle.

They immediately become irrelevant

I hope you’ll get them!

1 Like

I’m just sick of hearing this topic recently. Blood elves are literally getting the option for blue eyes in SL

2 Likes

This thread pre-dates the datamine, it’s like a little cave painting of how people used to chuck rocks at each other over high elves from before the announcement.

10 Likes

Best analogy I’ve read in awhile. Props.

1 Like

buhahahaha!!! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I think we have enough races to be honest. I don’t have time to play Vulpera, or Dark Iron, KT, or Void Elf if i wanted to play Alliance alts.

2 Likes

We were there, before the blue nukes fell…

I am surprised that there are people laughing at the misfortune of those who wanted the High Elfs, but good that’s the world. :pensive:

I foresee a fairly big down in the alliance population. I hope to be wrong. :see_no_evil:

I think I saw that the Night Elfs have blonde hair, maybe they can role-play with them.

1 Like

No one should be surprised that people are enjoying the possibility that they are getting what they hoped for.

2 Likes

The highborne are really cool in my opinion.

1 Like

Maybe it’s not their shift?

That’s why high elves don’t work!

They are just now opening the alpha character customization screen, we shall see here soon as to what each race is really getting.

Edit: Looks limited on wowhead, definitely not the finished product. Total change of the initial customization screen.