Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

You call yourself a viking and you haven’t even lost a superbowl. For shame.

4 Likes

Tries to think of a sharp and witty comeback, as she laughs her fool head off

SKÖL!
:beer: :beer: :beer:

aaaaand now the alliance have playable blood elves :upside_down_face: so much for having any sort of uniqueness to a given race

4 Likes

Thanks for necroing.

They work.

4 Likes

As far as I’m concerned Blood Elves where never unique. Sadly Blizzard saw to that, back when they released Burning Crusade. When Blizzard gave us the Quel’dorei in the form of Sin’dorei, they should of given us the whole race. But Nooooo… they couldn’t do that. They had to leave a group on the Alliance. Then devoted more time, and resources, to that small group. Then they ever have to the actual playable race.

Blizzard claimed to want to get away from the boring every game does it Tolkien fantasy, yet they did exactly that. Since their induction as a playable race, Blood Elves were never unique. Because we have always had to share our model with the Alliance. Why? because devs that were Alliance mains still wanted to have their High Elf, Waifu, arm candy Wives, and girlfriends.

1 Like

19 days is not a necro.
lighten up.
Also it’s clear that playable high elves on the alliance didn’t work, that’s why they didn’t get them.

2 Likes

There is a lot to take in with the announcement. I do hate seeing that the helfers are still not happy and demanding even more ways to ruin void elves and take more of our blood elf options.

I’d argue that Void Elves are not being ruined, but rather expanded. I’d also say that nothing is being “taken” but rather being “shared”.

Sharing is caring after all.

On the other hand, I do hope that not only will Blood Elves get the San’layn/Dark Ranger customization options, but also non-tentacle versions of all the Void Elf hairstyles as well.

9 Likes

I’ve never heard of this theory before.

I have always heard that Vereesa was made because the one who created Rhonin wanted a High Elf wife. No Vereesa, not Silver Covanant. If both of them weren’t in existence. There wouldn’t have been much of a representation of Alliance aligned High Elves. Blizzard might then of decided to change all the remaining High Elves to Blood Elves, and not left part of our race with the Alliance.

if they were the result of some waifu fantasy, it won’t matter. Honesly they are still canon, you like it or not.

Sounds like rumor. The personal attacks on Dunaser and his connection with the Sylvanas story are really rude. People keep trying to somehow make the story in wow a mistake if they think they can attack the writer’s motives.

1 Like

You are right it could very well be a rumor, it’s just something that I’ve heard multiple times. I have nothing against Vereesa or the Windrunner story, Or Dunaser for that matter. Also I for one get sick of hearing the only reason Horde got blood Elves was to make Chinese girlfriends happy, because they didn’t want to play an ugly race. They are probably both rumors created to discount the reason for their existence on the other faction.

1 Like

What’s funny about that is even if the rumors were true it doesn’t take away from the legitimacy of the wow story.

1 Like

That is very true, it doesn’t really matter why or how it came about. It doesn’t change that it happened, and it’s now part of the Warcraft story.

1 Like

I suspect whichever Quel’dorei diverged from the Sin’dorei started using blue. The Quel’dorei before that used red. Silvermoon City wasn’t repainted red when they were renamed blood elves, it was always red. If you look into the WoW comics, they depict Silvermoon City as red even before they renamed themselves. Also, the references to the sun (Sunstrider, etc), were all Quel’dorei names.

On a side note, I’m going to be a blue eyed Quel’dorei when we have the option in Shadowlands. Since Blood and High Elves are the same, it doesn’t matter. I play on an rp server, so I’m considering myself faction neutral.

1 Like

Didn’t you hear? They did.

Sure wish people would stop necroing this thread. :thinking:

Why is that?

1 Like

this aged well

1 Like