Why High Elves Didn't Work - A Restrospective

Void elves and high elves are not mutually exclusive. Bloodelves and high elves are.

Bloodelf/High elf is a divide baised on beleifes and political outlook.
Void elf is an elf infused with the void. The new generation of void elves however are looking like they are not ‘infused’ but just trained in void magic. Thus, a silver covnant High elf who trains in void magic and works with Alleria, would be a High elf, and a void elf.

Think of it this way…
Blood elf = hot, High elf = cold, Void elf = wet.
you can have an object that is cold and wet at the same time, but you can’t have something that is hot and cold at the same time, because they are opposite.

That’s a nice story you got there. It’s not in game, it’s in your mind.
Void Elves aren’t anything more than that now that they’re getting Blood Elf options to change their skin color.
You can pretend Void Elves are High Elves and I can pretend my Blood Elf is a High Elf but in the end their race name isn’t changed.

Lorewise Blood Elves are the only ones who can consider themselves High Elves with a new name.
But that shouldn’t stop anyone from pretending whatever they choose! :kissing_cat:

3 Likes

100% false.
To be a bloodelf, lorewise you have to have stopped being a high elf. its a different political view. Bloodelves are former High elves.
Yet a void elf could be a high elf. So you got that backwards.
You are free to say your bloodelf is a high elf, but lorewise only the Alliance side has high elves. High elves hate the horde.
:kissing_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Void Elves should not even exist to begin with. Its such a random excuse to give the blood elf model to alliance that I wish that they gave them high elves instead.

2 Likes

Nothing is going to change the race name Void Elf to your headcannon ‘high elf’.

1 Like

Nah, Alliance should never have gotten anything that looks like a Blood Elf. If anything Void elves should have been a Blood Elf story and appearance.

1 Like

Oh hey the “I’m spiteful, let me justify it” thread is back, awesome.
What happened to being tired of all the high elf threads?

Why are you even like this?

Nothing will change your blood elf into a high elf either. Stop behaving like a brat.

Pretty much

The hypocrisy behind this all is that antis are more okay with alliance having blood elves through void elves than them just having their high elves.

It’s really sad.

7 Likes

and this is a case of someone still upset that they couldn’t outright take what the horde already had instead of simply sharing.

2 Likes

Void Elves should not exist. Its so bad from a lore perspective. Why cant we have Void Taurens then? Let me pay a bunch of $$$ for Void Taurens, Void Orcs…

1 Like

It doesnt even truly make sense. A shadow priest blood elf has probably been exposed to more shadow magic then even say a warrior void elf. But it is what it is. I am hoping as the idea becomes more common Blizzard will change their mind, again.

1 Like

Eh, it’s a video game, if they really wanted to, they could have made high elves for the Alliance. It’s pretty clear blizz just didn’t feel the high elves were ‘different enough’ from blood elves.

2 Likes

You’ll need to stop coming for the Void Elves. They are awesome, extremely purple :purple_heart:, and they have nothing to do with your petty High Elf drama. Blizz offered you guys a High Elf fantasy, and you’ll are still mad about it. So please just go roll a Blood Elf and let the Void Elf fans live in peace.

3 Likes

The truth is no one cares what you RP. Go and enjoy imagination land but stop demanding a race rename and stop demanding the Sin’dorei capital city be taken away and given to you.

Also. I find your RP argument disingenuous. I didn’t know Sargeras was a RP server.

That’s like saying Republicans aren’t human. Kiss kiss.

Looks at the reader and laughs nervously.

5 Likes

I don’t call playing musical chairs with our Warchiefs and beloved fan favorite characters, cookie after cookie…

4 Likes

Even if OP has original content I think we’re all so used to seeing that copypasta speech in a Helf thread that tl;dr.

Elves man, any ilk specifically… just the worst.

:thinking:
Just pointing out that is contradictory of you to claim. In anycase.

They are though? Its just a title difference. Same people from WC2 dude.

Sounds presumptuous of you. Who says they were ever okay with it?

5 Likes

Well actually. Quel’dorei is both the name of a species and the name of a political faction.

Quel’dorei (species) elves renamed themselves Sin’dorei (political alignment). They’re still Quel’dorei (species).

And Total RP 3 will let me rename my race to whatever I want.

3 Likes

Except you didn’t though.

You’re a blood elf, your blood elf will never retake the name high elf. Just like your void elf will never retake the name high elf.

You would like to RP as a high elf on your void elf or blood elf? Great!

Key word: More okay.

Certain antis are more okay with alliance blood elves through void elves, than alliance just playing their high elves. That is the hypocrisy behind it, that is why they are seen as spiteful.

I think it’s fantastic for people to RP high elves and I agree.

But for antis to argue over who’s more qualified to RP a high elf is just sad.

1 Like

I don’t think that the people who prefer Sin’dorei and Ren’dorei give two craps what people RP.

I don’t. I want helfers to stop demanding a race name change and stop demanding Quel’thalas be given to them. Paladins are a ridiculous demand too.

6 Likes

I wish this were true, honestly. But there are people here saying things like “your headcanon high elf is not as good as my true high elf

It’s unnecessary.

Like I said, I don’t care which void/blood elf RPs as a high elf. Good for them.

1 Like