Why High Elves Didn't Work - A Restrospective

You might have a point - If such a statement ever actually came from blizzard.

This was so people could have more role play options. There is no lore reason for providing this option and there’s been nothing but the sound of crickets coming from blizzard on the subject matter.

One could make the argument against you that it is merely one blood elf turned void elf being more affected by the void taint than another and there’s nothing you could cite to the contrary.

11 Likes

Hahahahaha, yes.

Wake up…the skin colors are from BLOOD ELVES.

1 Like

Which is how the lore has been written…open to interpretation. Something that has also created a large piece of the whole playable Alliance high elf issue.

2 Likes

It is just blizzard being blizzard really.

Trying to make everyone happy.

3 Likes

I agree, but the author comes from the age from when the argument was how High Elves could standalone with Blood Elves and Void Elves was common place.

I think context is needed and is missing.

Thats still mixed. There is one step missing from the equation to make that cannon, and until we see that…we cant assume that.

However, not everyone is happy either from the camp. As you can see people complaining about no void elf paladins, the missing blond hair, missing haircuts, the racials, etc. This is division and its clearly a compromise.

Until Blizzard updates the lore, this is impossible atm. Will Blizz change it? Maybe.

1 Like

…and they never will.

1 Like

You’re accusing OP of not being a grown up?
The fact is the Alliance is NOT getting playable High Elves.
So maybe take your own advice.

6 Likes

This. I don’t see any “spite” directed towards anybody in the OP of this thread, instead I see spite directed at the op for giving their thoughts and views on the recent additions, using objective context of what we see in the game, books and word of devs. There’s nothing wrong or spiteful in pointing any of that out.

Very well thought out and detailed post. An appreciated effort. Indeed the legacy of the old High Elves may have taken a large setback in the Arthas scourge invasion of Quel’thalas, but it never died nor even changed that much, and was carried on by same population of survivors renamed to Blood Elves, and the handful of NPC (non playable characters) outliers that chose to oppose their kingdom, don’t get to magically transfer that legacy with them, infact the opposite, they sold that heritage away for “Human potential”.

9 Likes

Remember the last time people responded to a bait post from this person?

1 Like

Every day, the first thing I do in the morning is grab my elf ears and wig and put them on. Precisely at 5:30 AM. Secondly, by 6:00 AM I have eaten breakfast and it is time for my daily hour long prayer session at the shrine I have to “Silver Covenant Guard.” This is always finished at 7:00 AM. I then spent the next hour singing High Elf songs in reverance of their struggle. By 8:00 AM I am finished with my daily High elf rituals.

Yes, this is a joke.

5 Likes

I forgot about that.
:pouting_cat:

If his primer post was linkable I’d have done that so there was context to his original.

1 Like

We saved the original in our Clubhouse.

2 Likes

I see. Interesting to know. I wasn’t around when it was posted on the forums at the time I guess (until recently), being an EU player and all.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

What I find just as outrageously comical as I find it absurd is that people stuck their nose up at the void elves and utterly denied they were high elves. They get some blood elf skin tones and in the span of literal minutes now they are high elves. High elves with all this “lore” coming out of no where just minutes after blizzard said “Here you go. Here’s some customization options. Enjoy.” and nothing else.

It’s not “lore.” It is you applying your imagination.

12 Likes

Guzzle posted this, not sure if it’s all of Lydon’s work though.

2 Likes

Will read it now actually. Thank you!

2 Likes

Guzzle updated it at the end.

2 Likes