đŸš« Why High Elves are a bad idea

nightborne have evolved in isolation for a 10000 years in the constant presence of the nightwell :smile:

Which color their skin is?

2 Likes

High Elves evolved from Night Elves in a couple months. A few years at the most. Your point?

1 Like

they have much darker skin tones blacks and dark shades of grey id say. night elves are lighter purples

So following this logic High Elves can be made playable following the same rule.

2 Likes

following this logic blizzard agreed with me and didnt feel there is enough to justify making alliance fair skinned elves playable and chose to give you guys the blueberry elf

This is a flaw logic, because the same rule is not applied to Horde races that have the same skin type and aesthetic of Core Alliance Races.

Horde is allowed to steal from Alliance races fantasy, and somehow it’s fair.

4 Likes

Because the High Elves were still on Alliance before the Burning Crusade came out?

And Garithos was from Lordaeron, not Stormwind. If you want to blame someone, you should be blaming the Forsaken, because THEY are his people.

It’s funny that you blame the Alliance for things that people who are now on the Horde are responsible for. If Garithos was such a big problem, you wouldn’t have allied with the Forsaken. Nor would you have begged to be let back into Dalaran.

4 Likes

nightborne and night elves are a completely different pedigree. high elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, the difference between high and blood elves is only political. that isnt enough to justify an allied race spot. plus there are only a few alliance high elves left :pensive:

Oh man, can you imagine using your “logic” on other games? Oh, it’s a World War 2 game. You can play as the Germans, but you can’t play as the English, because they’re the same race!

3 Likes

a fair comparison :smile:

That comes from their different culture and the path they choose to live, to handle their needs, and their magic practices. That’s exactly what is happening right now with Blood Elves and High Elves, as we see Blood Elves changing overtime and receiveng changes that don’t affect the High Elves in any way, such as the golden eyes or their link with the Sunwell.

Almost half of all Allied Races are few in number. This is not an excuse for Allied Races.

Guys please remember there is NO evolution in WoW - there is mutation due to external influences, if anything.

1. Nightborne ARE Night Elves. They are biologically the same race. They look somewhat different because they abused magic from the Nightwell. It’s like saying Lightforged Draenei aren’t Draenei because the former have different physical aspects due to the effects of the Light :man_facepalming:t2:

2. How many times do we have to state the differences between High Elves and Blood Elves? Seriously. Different skin tones (ever wondered why BEs are reddish and HEs whitish? Fel), different eye color (and with this I mean the type of energy/magic they use, which affects their eye color), different allegiances, different way of treating magic addiction (which ultimately leads to a different culture, considering values are different), different speech emotes, which usually depict HE’s as more humble, while Blood Elves’ speech is much more pretentious. The ONLY thing that is missing is a different idle stance (and different hairstyle), and guess what? WE ARE REQUESTING THIS TOO, for YOUR convenience. If anything, Void Elves are way more similar to Blood Elves than High Elves. Void Elves are the perfect example of stealing a core race from the other faction if you are to consider lore (both seek power, no matter how dangerous it might be, both are pretentious, both changed factions because reasons
). So please, STOP THINKING HIGH ELVES ARE BLOOD ELVES. Play the game and SEE IT YOURSELF. Although you’ll have to play Alliance to see it.

3. There are less Void Elves than High Elves, and yet the former are playable. Your point = moot.

3 Likes

Still more than there are Pandaren (Member of one particular school on the back of a single turtle and maybe whatever randoms we picked up in Pandaria), Lightforged (Implied to be very few) and, well, Void Elves

But I mean, I’m going to keep supporting High Elves because I hold nothing but dislike for Void Elves and want their popularity to drop, and High Elves are the only thing that can do it. Understand my suffering Fyre: I am on a server there are more Void Elves than any non BElf Horde race. The Void Elf menace must be stopped

2 Likes

Thank you for summing this up better than me it’s not whether or not they will be playable but it’s that while they aren’t they should be less represented

on our own! Going down the high elf road we always roam! Like a ganker, we were born to walk alone!

And I’ve made up my mind
I ain’t wasting no more time

Just another nerd in need of high elves
Waiting on Lore’s sweet charity
And I’m gunna hope on for the rest of my days

Cuz I know what it means
To hear “the horde is here for you” memes!!

Here I go again on my own

~https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WyF8RHM1OCg

Good ‘ol Coverdale

1 Like

Ah, the argument as old as time. High elves should go to alliance why, cause then you all can get something cool. I mean i don’t understand why people are not more mad at void elves in order to give them an identity the people at blizzard dipped pretty far into ethereal territory imo our armor looks similar we get discounts from them. Lotus walker a possible leader for the etheral is working with them. I just don’t see why people are not upset about that instead of people wanting high elves.

2 Likes

I mean, I am, but apparently “Let’s just all pretend Void Elves never happened and let’s get Krokuul as a race instead because they make sense for the faction we get rep with” isn’t diplomatic

3 Likes

Exactly! They’re here and have been slowly developing in their story we can’t change that, it may not seem like it now but there are lots of people who like void elves too
 and may have even prefered them over krokuul

the extent of the pandaren are 1 group of students from a school on a giant turtle, 1 village each in the jade forest, and 1 farming settlement each in kun lai.