đŸš« Why High Elves are a bad idea

plus void elves are unique :wink:

1 Like

Mis Edit again* but i’m sure you get my point

You need to stop calling Alliance High Elves “Blood Elves”.

Blood Elves are a social faction that renamed themselves due to a social tragedy. That doesn’t mean that all High Elves became Blood Elves.

In fact that’s the entire debate between the two. One didn’t want to do that, nor did it want to do what Blood Elves deemed necessary.

6 Likes

No

It’s the same race, same culture for millenia, same heritage, same homeland.

The only difference is political divide
just because fanatics such as yourself try their hardest to exaggerate it does not make it notable.

The bloodelves are the highelven story, the alliance highelves are just another aspect of that story.

It will never be over.

1 Like

So
you want a race (small section of the main populace at that) that has been immensely loyal and dedicated to the Alliance and remained with them for years.

So human
but elf model

Do you see why your group is looked down on?

1 Like

I find it funny how many threads anti-helfers make while pro-helfers stick to one thread. Just saying.

Also, in before a suspicious number of new pro-high elf threads begin popping up.

Edit: Hit the post button early on accident.

15 Likes

i apologize profusely. i have never played alliance. i did notice some blood elves around dalaran but i never knew they were a seperate species til recently

Honestly dont want the belf model, I’d rather see a diffrent take on elves that have the same culture/general physique. I didn’t mind the elf/human like suggestion or any other I just dont want to see then use the belf model for them.

1 Like

But it is about that

4 Likes

From what I gleaned from the OP, it was less about, “High Elves shouldn’t be playable,” and more of, “High Elves need to stop being added to the game. Anywhere you would put a High Elf, put a Void Elf instead.”

[Edit]: To clarify I think the sentiment in a more broadly stated way would be, “Stop putting this race in places where playable races could shine, since they’re not playable.” I’d hazard a guess that it’s based on the belief that High Elves won’t become playable in the future.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with you but it basically still goes back to stop adding npc’s because “High Elves shouldn’t be playable”. Just another way to beat around the same bush.

3 Likes

More or less, yes, its linked to the discussion. A point of discussion in High Elves as an Allied Race has been their sheer presence across World of Warcraft’s lifespan. We’ve seen them playing major roles in patches and expansions for some time now, to the point where they’ve become more visible than some actually playable races, and become increasingly more noticeable by the lack of being playable.

1 Like

100% agree. i mean do we really need a 3rd race with the EXACT SAME model :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Even so you’ll be flaged.

We really didn’t, but they added Void Elves anyways. Sadly it’s how things go. I understand you’ve not played Alliance before, from an earlier comment in the thread. So, your sentiment isn’t exactly difficult to understand. If you were an Alliance player and consistently saw this race from older games that is so loyal to your faction, you’d naturally want to play that race. The fact the Horde has a similar race would feel like a weak reason to keep it from being playable, especially as those High Elves continue to maintain a presence in the Alliance.

It’s a very curious situation to be sure. The Developers clearly enjoy writing for, and including, High Elves in the Alliance. If it’s something they’re actually passionate about, then by all means the race should be playable.

4 Likes

I am actually for a lot of races being added to the game. I don’t even care if they got added as a different character model.

Err
 I mean if you didn’t know, it’s totally OK.

High Elves and Blood Elves are kind of
 at odds. They were one race, but following the massacre at the hands of Arthas, and the loss of their well of power, some High Elves renamed themselves “Blood Elves”.

It was a respect towards the dead, but also an ideological shift. That they would take magic however they needed to recover. If that meant draining living mana wyrms, so be it. Kael’thas brought them fel absorption, and that seemed to push the high elves even further awahy.

Ultimately, High Elves are just different now. They seem to have abandoned wanton luxury, pleasure, and momentary enjoyment. Blood Elves, however, seem to have embraced it to the fullest.

They’re genetically the same, but socially they couldn’t be further apart.

Edit:

In case you were being sarcastic, I’d like to remind you that Russians, Americans, and Cubans, are all the same species, but would largely be offended by being referred to as “the same”.

3 Likes

i think we all know we are at a point where we have enough elf races. if you really NEED to be a fair skinned elf just play horde imo. lets make way for new races like TORTOLLANS

Blood Elves should have never been added to the Horde. It was a gigantic mistake.

6 Likes