Why hasn't layering been turned back on yet?

A blue post mentioned turning layering back on. Why has this not happened yet? Literally can’t even log in and am missing raids. Just turn it back on immediately.

1 Like

World Dragons would no longer be World Dragons. they’d become…Layer Dragons.

4 Likes

My realm had a 4 hr queue at like 6:00 PM last night. Would just like to be able to log in right now. Don’t really care about the dumb dragons.

Our queues hit almost 5 hours last night. Amazed we managed to get enough on to do a late ZG, lol.

Ours was roughly 7-8 hours, (whitemane)

I haven’t seen a queue on Mankrik since before Phase 2.

6 Likes

Quite a few other servers as well. Logic dictates that we roll alts on those realms.

Then you didn’t try to login last night after 7:45PM EDT. I saw where it got up to a queue of 600+ with an estimated 30 minute wait time.

Of course that was before Asmongold mentioned he was considering transferring, or re-rolling on a PvE server, with Mankrik being mentioned as a possibility.

Buckle up, the road ahead is looking a little bumpy for Mankrik.

dont worry you can be sure that people who play on realms that dont get queues will be here to tell you how you should have taken the free transfers, completely ignoring the human aspect of why someone wouldn’t want to

1 Like

Fair enough. I log on at 7, usually.

And there would still be less of them per player than in vanilla

1 Like

They mentioned how they are considering turning it back on but want community feedback first. Not that they are turning it back on. Big difference there, bud.

Probably because it’s extremely damaging to servers by having layering.

100% your fault. Should probably log on in advance.

1 Like

Careful, you’re gonna get the free migration freedom package talking like that. :wink:

Raid time is at 8. If I log on at 5 to avoid the queue, I’ll get DC’d if I’m AFK for more than 30 mins, so that’s not an option. The queue estimated times aren’t reliable so I can’t accurately time when to enter the queue. You don’t seem to understand the situation we’re in or how any of this actually plays out.

More damaging than literally not being able to play? What are you even on?

Yes.

A bad experience is worse than no experience.

So someone layer hopping to farm a few extra herb/mining nodes will completely trash your experience? Lmfao. We just want to be able to log in and raid.

3 Likes

/g Invite for layer Dragons

2 things happening simultaneously right now that seem to contribute to queue times:

1. There’s a pandemic that is affecting, well… THE ENTIRE WORLD at the moment. A lot of people are at home with nothing to do other than play WoW
  2. ZG was just released yesterday, and resets today

Seems like it could happen. Should it happen? Some will say that it should already have happened, considering we just released new content in the middle of a pandemic!

Some are not convinced, and would like to never see layering in Classic again.

Whatever happens, I hope that there is some queue relief for those who need it, and I hope that it doesn’t come in a form that will flood the forums with numerous iterations of the same post…

Last night there was an 1.5 hour que on Grobbulus. First que we have had in several months. Guess what happened?

The guild informed the players that there was a que via discord several hours before the raid. And all the people raiding ZG last night logged on and got into que. We eventually worked our way through the que and then one shot ZG. And we were on time to start the raid too.

For the people that were already in. They moved their character every 15 minutes and or played the game (I know crazy concept).

Wow. . .that was complicated. So hard communicating with your team and working together. You make it sound like no one could give you a warning. No one said there would be ques. You make it sound like ques came out of nowhere. There are children on these forums (like yourself) who complain about ques each and every day. And instead of changing their actions to account for these known challenges. You just continue the course and act like your a victim here. That there was not a single solution to your problem that you could have been proactive about.

Short term gains at the expense of long term problems is never the solution. Learn to look a the big picture, champ.

Our queue got up to over 6 hrs during peak time. But even at 4 hrs, you can’t reliably plan around that. A 1.5 hr queue and a 4 hr queue aren’t at all comparable. You don’t have a grasp on the reality of extremely long queues.

What “long term problem?” Are you brain dead? They can just turn it off when it’s not needed anymore, just like the first time. Get off my thread.