Why greater drums? just add tinnitus

So #SomeChanges is alright when it comes to paid boosts but when it comes to making the game less toxic it goes out the window. You already gave both factions the other’s seal, rightfully so, because it changes an aspect of the game that would have just been plain asinine to keep authentic. Authentic drums are annoying and mandatory. Nobody wants this except a minority of people that lack critical thinking of how it affects the game at a meta level just because they think you aren’t forced to use it. You have a plethora of options to change drums that would be superior in this topic, please just pick any of them and it would make the majority of us happier than this solution Lucifer himself devised.

2 Likes

Why balance/change drums when warlocks and hunters will decide raid performance in a more significant manner?

Meta will meta.

I’m only here to add another voice to the “this isn’t what we wanted” side. Just figure out a way for the drums to be useful without being able to be chained by multiple leather workers back to back to back and you’ll have a happy community.

When I watched the TBC round tables and Q&A on Twitch, the ideas put forth made me hopeful that’s the direction they were going in. The streamers warned their communities that given their history, Blizzard would give themselves every opportunity to fumble the football on the 2 yard line. I thought to myself “how could they actually mess this up when nearly every influencer that plays the game, along with their communities, is singularly focused on this very specific issue” … Now I’m starting to understand again why I stopped playing retail when I did.

Times have changed. I’ve evolved as a gamer. I like to be competitive with my peers around the world, while still playing my class in a way that’s fun for me. Having to add drums to my rotation is bad enough, if I’m required to be a leatherworker to do so is the absolute worst. I’m still hopeful this can be figured out, but my expectations are a lot lower after reading this post. If the ability to have multiple people chain the buff isn’t changed, they’re going to lose a good number of people.

4 Likes

If the intention is to retain the original feeling where drums were a huge part of raiding, why not just make them usable by non leatherworkers? We don’t have to roll enchanting to enchant our gear or use weapon oils, why would we need to do that for drums?

The solution I proposed will still keep leatherworking relevant and a good money maker while retaining drums as a meta raid consumable.

Ok but that doesn’t change the fact that most everyone in a raid will be required to be LW in late TBC, and that’s the real issue.

1 Like

I honestly don’t see the problem here. Want to min/max? Pay the price.

From what I can tell, drums aren’t required to clear content. But that being said, this is the same player base that flipped out in Naxx when their world buffs, consumes, and FAQ walkthrough guide didn’t work.

Make them raid wide and solve this issue

2 Likes

our goal of establishing as much authenticity as possible

That’s why we are giving paladin’s BOTH SEALS :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

…Required by whom though? Not by Blizzard, but by other players.

1 Like

Originally, i thought people were mad because Blizzard didn’t nerf drums. I thought to myself, wow people actually want content take a little bit more time - as little or more as it is. Now, i realize people are made because that the min/max crowd are REQUIRED to go drums which will be more work and it’ll be more tedious.

That sounds more like the player base i know.

can’t wait for all the skinning bots everywhere. especially with boosts.

Yes. But other players are the ones who ultimately decide if you get a raid spot, or get benched, or whatever. And we have seen time and time again that other players cannot be trusted to pick the “right” choice and will gravitate towards anything that makes things “easier” or lets them parse to show how much better than their peers they are. So players need to NOT be able to make that choice since they consistently pick the wrong choice.

It’s just like anything else. If you can’t trust people to behave, you have to impose things to try and force them, because they won’t do it on their own.

3 Likes

The problem is that this community is trying to cure the disease (toxicity) by removing the symptoms (drums) rather than trying to fix it at it’s root cause; the culture of the playerbase itself.

I get that cultural shifts don’t happen over night, but just saying, “I don’t want to change, so blizz should change the game for me” isn’t solving anything.

2 Likes

You’re right. But we’ve had over 15 years and it’s been shown that people don’t want the cultural shift. For everyone who does, there’s more who jump on with defending min-maxing and meta and being toxic to justify their own selfishness (you only have to look at retail and RIO for this). So for the good of the game you have to remove the symptom since the disease has spread too far.

if it was the reverse and most people were saying/agreeing to not do it, sure. But that doesn’t happen. If anything it’s the opposite: there’s too many people who say why min/maxing and meta are good and justifying it that people end up caving in. We see it constantly. The players cannot be trusted to fix their own problem, if anything they just make it worse.

It’s ironic that players can’t be trusted to fix their own problem, but are also saying that their suggestions to blizz to fix the problem are the only correct ones.

1 Like

In The Burning Crusade Classic, we want to provide an authentic experience.

With paid boosts and shared seals???

Are you guys this silly? You can’t shout about authentic experience when your actions so clearly say otherwise.

So disappointing. Activision is terrible at games.

3 Likes

You realize these are people right? People who have families to feed and bills to pay. Even if you don’t like the decision the fact your wishing for them to lose their livelihood in the middle of a pandemic is sad.

Good riddance. We won’t miss you.

A lot more are ok with boosts.

You really didn’t learn anything from the entire economy of summoning using 3 accounts at every buff location and toxic gameplay such as dispelling people and dying that spawned from players feeling that world buffs were mandatory and how many people quit because of that meta, did you? The time investment to get world buffs and when you lost them due to a simple mistake or a low level priest alt dispelling you caused much drama and people to say “it isn’t worth it to play anymore” and they quit.

Do you guys even play your game and realize the impact of things that happen when there is a massive benefit that players feel is mandatory to have?

I mean seriously. Everyone that has played a private server or played at the end of Sunwell, can tell you what is going to happen, we have told you what is going to happen, we are telling you right now, the 8 yard range and cast time is not going to deter anyone, and you still drive forward as if we(the player base) are not going to make it work. It is not 2007, we know the benefits, we know it is a major advantage, it will be forced upon people for raid spots.

7 Likes

The fact of the matter is this is a change that the community actually wants, just like Seal of Blood for alliance. They are willing to forgo the “authentic” TBC experience for a better experience in TBC Classic.

Please do not implement drums as designed. If it must stay, just remove drums until the ZA patch and then it’s only required for Sunwell, but even that is a bad option. Put in the sated buff on greater drums and maybe extend the duration to one minute. That should be enough to allow guilds to clear the content, even though it will be easier anyway because the players are better.

1 Like