Why Going Back to Abundant Loot is The Only Answer

The thing is in those expansions sub numbers were large , so time metrics didn’t matter as they will get it .

However in the last few expansion the sub numbers. Though Blizzard stopped providing subscriber numbers for World of Warcraft back in 2015, a report has stated that the subscriber base stood at 1.7 million during that time .

So taking the above as reference Blizzard current model is how do I make 1.7 m players play as much as there were 12 miliions players. Simple make them play longer with time gates and rng . :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Getting epic level gear for completing a maze as a turtle was dumb.

2 Likes

in wow they don’t care how much we play. they care how much money we spend. they get zero extra money from us playing 24/7 and not spending a dime. that’s why they try to lock you into 6 month subs with cosmetics. then you buy a different store mount or a token etc. that’s where the actual money is from. i have no issue with that though and have purchased a lot of those things. i also don’t hate blizz and whine on the forums 24/7 while being subbed to a game i hate. so there’s that.

Not even going to read that wall of text because its not worth it.

Valor system is the way to go.

It absolutely is not. Couldn’t agree more.

This.

In MoP, I would run alts through LFR just for fun because the progression was enjoyable.

In SL, I won’t even bother taking them to the weekly world boss because the chance of loot is so low as to not even be worth trying, which naturally pushes me into “Why am I even playing this…?” territory.

2 Likes

How about we reduce the gap in between each tier then to mirror what we had in older wow environments where gear lasted longer. What makes the gear escalator worse than anything else in existence atm in my opinion is that quite literally you replace everything after every patch cycle. I don’t mind fighting for the new shiny. I mind fighting for new shiny that literally nukes my progression from orbit every patch. It is bad enough when the xpac release does that.

1 Like

I mean, abundant loot would be preferable to this current situation.

Not ideal, but preferable. There has to be more than a weekly vault and a weekly raid lockout for PvErs to look forward to.

Even, dare I say it, the return of some content that offered TF’ing would be better than this, though I despise TF.

1 Like

Honestly, for the most part, I’m fine as it is.

I think increasing the M+ drop rate would be beneficial simply to encourage more participation, but that’s about it.

Then again, I was fine with gearing system back in Wrath and Cata, before all the “let the epic gears rain down on a silver platter” method so I might just be old school.

Why are people assuming it doesn’t already exist in SL?

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again:

How could blizzard POSSIBLY cater to less than 3-4% of the overall elite playerbase without sacrificing the experience of the remaining 96-97%?

The game sucks for millions so it can be fantastic for 10000.

3 Likes

Funny you mention MoP.

I said screw it as SL was not making me happy last night.

I had a grand time old raid dungeon in MoP. I forgot how much I liked seeing loot drop. Sell it for gold. Why I hate SL’s setup. I am not asking for BIS all the time. I just want loot to sell. Make it crap…crap for gold.

1.5 to 2 hours for a full tour of LFR (2 wings now) with a few wipes (dance party ofc) and I leave here losing money. A few crap greens to make a some gold after repair costs? this would make me happy.

LIke MoP did. Dungeon and raid that made me 500 gold at least? Better the bosses 1 through 6 in SL. I’ll take it. Also got some nice mog hits…I like seeing that chat window light up with new appearance notifications.

2 Likes

I’d rather just get currency to buy gear.

At least you get steady, measurable progress to some kind of goal.

The great vault looked great on paper.

In practice, it just feels horrible to run mythic after mythic after mythic, and kill raid boss after raid boss after raid boss and get nothing.

Ion made some kind of claim about the great vault taking randomness out of the equation, and even that didn’t work. People got the same offerings week after week after week.

Can we just skip all the random crap please? Just give us a currency, let us buy the loot. If the concern is over farming the currency, put a weekly cap on it.

• M
4 Likes

While I agree that old Honor/Valor system is more ideal, we actually do have gear currency right now. You can upgrade your covenant armor to 197 right now at this moment with anima.

Thought to bring it up since you’re not wearing any and probably could use those upgrades.

do your campaign asap. once you’re renown 22 you can complete it and upgrade it all to 197.you also get a lfr level weapon from it. rings and trinkets etc you can get from rares or WQ. the rares have a 1 day lock out so you can do them every day. they will be 184 at renown 22.

Here’s the part I don’t get. And it’s not just in wow but other games where this loot is super stingy.

For me, getting geared is merely the prelude to gameplay. Once I’m loaded up in BIS and all cylinders firing off, that’s when I really start sinking time into playing.

Don’t matter if it’s Borderlands or WoW, being geared at endgame is always where I’ve invested my playtime

However, when hearing is too stingy and it’s a too much of a struggle to where it doesn’t become fun, that’s when I find myself not looking forward to playing as much.

Possible solutions?

Add a way to gear via Stygia and/or Torghast.

Bring back badges in heroic dungeons. Maybe bosses reward 5 badges each and after 200 badges you can get a good price of gear.

Should either of these solutions be the optimal way to gear? No. But they should be great supplemental ways to gear while your playing.

Maybe if the introduced some ideas such as this the drop rate wouldn’t feel so bad.

Either way would be great to have more ways to gear. Not that it’s horrible now but if can always be better.

1 Like

if that was your idea of “brief” then idk the definition of the word “brief”

1 Like

tbf though, it was better than having to do it by drawing pictures so the little ones could know their shapes.

Basically all this. Just some sort of bad-luck protection in the face of all the RNG would be lovely.

I don’t mind a slower loot progression, at all, but it feels absolutely horrible when you get nothing for a loooong stretch, and have nothing to show for all your time but a few +30 anima power tokens.

There’s room between BFA, and what we have currently.

Late comers get caught up by the fact that old timers can easily help clear the old raid to gear up new recruits.

It always worked in past MMOS. don’t see why we need these crazy catch up mechanics that make all your hard work trivial in a week.

1 Like