Why F R E S H is the way to go for BC

I re-rolled in original TBC, and hated it. I was behind all my friends/guild, and had to work twice as hard to catch up.

I took time off for Classic, just to be sure I wouldnt be behind the curve.

The only ‘correct’ choice.

1. Keep the Classic Realms capped at 60.
  2. Allow a 1 time COPY (not Transfer) of your 60 to a TBC Realm.
  3. Allow for people to re-roll if they choose on a TBC Realm.

Thats it.

That allows people to retain their 60, progress that character, or re-roll completely.

If anyone thinks they should ‘force’ everyone to re-roll, they can jump off a cliff.

I HATE LEVELING.

14 Likes

While I wish this would be possible I don’t think it will happen because of duping. Level from 58 for me. I already played classic.

Yeah, there would have to be some kind of control over gold transfer and such, but there is no way that is impossible to account for via coding.

yeah… after ny 4th and soon to be 5th level 60… I aint leveling them all over again. Blizzard knows this… they will upgrade all the servers or have a character copy.
There is literally no way they would force people to forget their vanilla characters, guilds friends, etc and make everyone start from scratch.

bad business 101, don’t kick your customers in the nuts

14 Likes

if im forced to level from 1 again in BC i might as well just quit now

16 Likes

There is absolutely no way they make us start from 1 again.

5 Likes

im sure they wont. just pointing out how stupid of an idea this is. anyone who supports this idea is a moron.

9 Likes

No, I want all my alts to come with me to TBC.

8 Likes

TBC economy is ruined if they don’t do a fresh TBC. Allowing classic characters to TBC is the worst way of handling it. Private server players preach ‘‘F R E S H’’ because we’ve been around the block, we know what works, what doesn’t. I understand the whole wanting to continue with your og characters but the negatives out weigh the positives by a landslide if you allow transfers. Fresh is the only logical decision.

18 Likes

If blizzard don’t make servers a complete fresh start the economy in TBC is going to be completely and utterly broken. The game was not designed with our modern play style in mind.
Every man and his dog is going to be on a epic flying mount within minutes of dinging 70.
Imagine this.
You have a raid team prepared for TBC. They all stack their gold on one person,copy it over trade the gold back on classic to another toon. Rinse and repeat 40-80 times.
Gold instantly becomes completely worthless or blows out the price of things to a point where people who didn’t do it can’t buy anything.

18 Likes

No, if we get ‘fresh’, which I do agree with, that most definitely will not be the result. If we get to carry over our characters, many Alliance despite knowing the wpvp situation is not in their favour will stick with it to avoid losing all the gold/gear/60 levels on multiple characters.

Massive amounts of time.

We start fresh, pvp servers are 99-1 Horde, guaranteed. Nobody’s going to look at this, realize Horde racials get even better in arena, realize Horde gank squads will now have flight and be impossible to escape, and realize the entire population is going to be stuffed into the same zones- and even considering going Alliance on a pvp server.

How? Do something they’ve never done and make it so you can’t roll Horde if a server’s imbalanced? End up with millions of players complaining they can’t roll the faction they find ‘aesthetically pleasing’ (at least until WoD when suddenly they all found humans the only aethetically pleasing race in the game)- they won’t do that.

And even if they tried to, it’d just cause players to not play.

Aside from balancing the world, balancing maps like AV and balancing racials there’s nothing that will even make a dent in faction balance, and Blizz isn’t going to make sweeping changes to undo old Horde favouritism.

4 Likes

They’ll most likely force you to fully migrate to TBC if you so choose. Imagine it more like a server change would work, so you’re going to have to choose one or the other.

That isn’t to say the economies won’t be broken- but they’re going to be broken regardless. Our classic economies are already broken, what’s a TBC server going to change?

Frankly, I’d prefer fresh servers myself, but I don’t see it as very likely. However, they’re also not going to force players to go to TBC, the whole ‘classic museum piece’ thing makes no sense if they’re just going to get rid of classic.

So, full server xfers to TBC servers is basically the most likely possibility. It’d be nice if we had a mix of those, and another group of servers that are fresh only that don’t have arena/BG/xfer capabilities with the servers full of geared 60s sitting on thousands of gold.

But we’ve already seen what splitting NA in half does to queues, and that’d split it into three- a classic vanilla group, a TBC continuation group, and a TBC fresh group (or, 6 as the NA split would stay most likely).

Really? Having characters copy over with no gold and only soulbound/class items would ruin the economy? I’m not seeing it. Fresh meme has no place in TBC. Maybe 1% of the playerbase wants to level in classic zones for the 100th time.

2 Likes

Vote for the 58s so we can change our class.
Make it a once off 58!

Leave classic in classic

3 Likes

It actleast gives it a fighting chance without it being busted out the gate. Going into the game even with a few thousand gold literally breaks it.

3 Likes

lol big true. rekt.

1 Like

Go ahead and keep crying, but I’m quite confident that the vast majority is looking for a fresh experience.

8 Likes

That group of private server players may be snobbish, but they know what they’re talking about in this case. Fresh realms have a special magic to them.

Nobody is established. Everyone is starting from scratch. The possibilities are endless. There’s a sense of shared experience that you don’t get on old servers.

8 Likes

PVP servers and horde queues are going to be so broken. I don’t even see the point of playing on a pvp server in TBC. You can’t fault anyone for not wanting the short end of the stick. The end result will speak for itself about how “balanced” and “great” TBC is going to be.

3 Likes

I’m fine with either way but if they allow character copy then they need to limit the amount of gold and items that is transferred over otherwise the economy is going to be a nightmare.

5 Likes