Why every xpac players unsub

PLEASE tell me why players unsub from this game

1 Like

because they don’t wanna play anymore.

30 Likes

Do you want all of the reasons or can I just name a couple?

First answer, best answer :+1:

4 Likes

Heres a few reasons:

-Burnout,
-Repeptive gameplay (doing dailes/world quests for boring and lackluster rewards)
-No flying for an extended amount of time

Just a few reasons

1 Like

Usually I play for a month or two then unsub. There have been periods (like during the last months of Mists of Pandaria) where I’ll play for 6+ months, but usually I don’t go that long anymore.

Sometimes I’ll resub a year+ later, sometimes not until the next expansion is released. In the case of Battle for Azeroth, I didn’t even make it to patch 8.1 before unsubbing and then didn’t return until three weeks after Shadowlands release. I think we Shadowlands I’ll make it to patch 9.1, but eventually I’ll get bored with it, cancel my sub and go do other stuff. I suspect lots of players follow some version of this cycle.

There’s a hundred reasons why someone might. It’s normal and not a bad or unexpected thing.

We haven’t seen the real sub numbers in years though. So no one can tell you how much WoW has actually grown or lost.

time spent vs reward is imbalanced

1 Like

We come back every expansion to see if Blizzard fixed the game.

Hint: They have not.

5 Likes

They come back for the new content. Do some of it. Get bored because they don’t like putting in work or only play the game for like 1/8 the game offers. Like they don’t raid or pvp etc. so then they do the leveling experience. Some dungeons then call it a day until next patch.

1 Like

LOL so you are saying you want blizzard to hold your hand and give you everything you ask for in this game ?

The reward you get from time spent doesn’t feel very rewarding. By the time you get said item it feels as if you been through a punishment session to get it.

1 Like

This. It is getting increasingly more difficult for me to justify the effort I have put in.

1 Like

Because WoW competes for people’s time and money with other games.

Hard for a game to hold someone’s interest for long when it has become as formulaic and stale as WoW has.

People just want to see the new content once and then unsub.

1 Like

WoW is just a cash cow for Activision at this point and the only consistent revenue generating IP they have. The goal isn’t to make it better, its to get more money from it with as little time/financial investment as possible. SL needed another 3-6 months of development, but Bobby Kotick forced it out earlier for 2020 revenue.

2 Likes

I think them type of players are not loyal to this game

They get bored and want to do something else with their time.

2 Likes

No but a good story that lasts longer then a couple hours that is not gated over several weeks would be nice. How about a different leveling experience for the other faction, maybe add a couple quests on the Horde side depending if you sided with Sylvanas or not in BFA. Maybe a few more past characters or enemies showing up in the start of the expansion would of been nice, just some general things that would of made it more exciting.

2 Likes

We do not see value in 15$ a month to play it.

At this point wow should be a F2P game truly.

We should just buy xpacs and if people want to support it they can with a optional sub or just by buying wow tokens.

Blizzard themselves have essentially further pushed themselves to this point with the absurd cost to craft and rank up legendarys. Not to mention them not putting a stop to the WTS issue as well (Botters also).

The game has been more monetized than ever yet we pay monthly to play. As time has progressed they have gotten lazier with their art design in armor. It seems their only goal at this point is to make convoluted systems that they then have to go back and fix.

Imagine getting paid to fix your own problem, must be nice.

Worst of all they keep trying these systems and borrowed powers as if the player base is begging for them or something. What was wrong with currency? What is so wrong with actual player agency?

Idk… different times…

5 Likes

Locking renown pets behind covenants. Ok, I’m not going to quit over it but I’m still not happy with Blizzard over this decision. But small things like this add up that DO cause players to quit. Sometimes it’s not just one big thing but lots of small things that finally push a player to unsub.