Why don't we get one?

Do this for every spec actually.

I am about to be busy, but I’ll do it later if I remember :slight_smile:

Very little unique utility exists in this game compared to the sum total.

Mass Barrier, Mass Dispel, Shroud, Mind Soothe, all of the party buffs, etc. Both Havoc and Vengeance’s only unique thing is Chaos Brand. Granted, Havoc is getting more utility via FE being made baseline and hopefully the same can be said for Vengeance with sigil of chains, which would be massive, but regardless, there’s little reason to bring them beyond that. Especially so if we’re looking at raid, since it was nerfed for raid.

What was the justification for turning survival hunter into a melee spec? What was the justification for leaving it as a ranged dps spec up until it wasn’t?

Spear hunting is a thing, so likely to represent that, as well as represent the traps/gadgets niche of the class fantasy.

What’s the justification for druids having 3 specs until they didn’t?

Mostly in game balancing reasons I suspect. Feral and Guardian were distinct enough to warrant separating them as specs.

What’s the justification for augmentation existing? They could have just added the other colors of magic to the other specs.

Augmentation plays significantly differently and represents a previously unrepresented aspect of the class fantasy.

The point I am making is that Blizzard can literally make up a “justification” for a third demo hunter spec and that’s that.

Sure, they can. It has to make sense, though. And from both a class fantasy and game mechanic standpoint, there’s no reason to. That’s my entire point.

lol this must a dev in charge of DH afraid of more work :rofl:

3 Likes

Honestly, you’re a nice guy. Thanks for being cool. But my point is that they can make up literally any arbitrary justification to give Demon Hunters a third spec. And even though you seem to disagree with me right now, if they were to do it I bet you’d agree with them it were to happen.

Seriously though lmao

You’ve yet to provide a single reason why it is necessary or something they should do.

Like I said, I would love a third spec (especially so if it were a debuff focused support), but I’d rather see them actually get Vengeance and Havoc in a respectable place and have it actually make sense that they’re adding it and not have them just add a spec on a whim for the benefit of the overall health of both the class and the game.

Dude, demon hunters are well trained in the magical arts. Before making wild guesses and assumption in your head canon, I highly suggest reading the novel Illidan.

If you are not a reading type you could also buy an audio book, very entertaining.

Because the customer is asking for it… the only reason Blizzard really needs.

1 Like

Now that I’m at my pc and can function I see the problem and a definite need for a third spec. Unfortunately it’s not cool or class breaking.
Just copying the warrior tree we need one spec starting with eye beam and focused on EB, Chaos Strike and Immolation. Then the other spec starts with glaive Tempest focused on Glaive, Blade Dance and Fel Barrage. Or something like that.
They get solid trees focused on buffing each move to be more useable and increasing damage which in turn further buffs damage just dumped on like stupid while we’re picking around like birds looking for a seed

A vocal minority asking for it when work needs to be done on existing classes/specs. Ah yes, perfect reasoning to add it.

I think could be fun a fast chakram shooter like a BMhunter.

1 Like

I solved it on the class thread
*lol wait what. I thought that was the GC post. Still I think it resolves both our issues.

Nobody asked for Augmentation Evokers, and yet here we are.

Because they want to? Notice how they did that with Augmentation Evoker? They didn’t need to make a Demon Hunter a class. Burning Crusade was a demon-themed expansion where demon hunters could have been added and they didn’t. And don’t forget that they basically removed an entire spec to make the demon hunter class.

Seriously I think your comprehension is lacking. Every single response I’ve given you is saying that they can make up any reason to do what they want, and you’re here trying to rationalize and justify all of it like a shill.

Our 3rd spec will be a support debuffer semi-range dps, you all we see.

jeebuz fudge, please stop with the insanity.

They didn’t add demon hunter in tbc because it was their first expansion and they had never added a class before. It wasn’t until wotlk that they added a class. the concept didn’t exist.

There is no need to add a spec just because a class doens’t have a 3rd one. Demon hunter has existed with 2 specs for numerous expansions. There would have to be a need to fill to get a 3rd spec. I promise you dh is going to get a support spec in some time at the future but likely not before they figure out how to build and tune support specs. This is probably going to be a 11.0 thing

They didn’t just decide to add augmentation. It was always planned and being built but they just couldn’t finish it before release. They added it when they thought it best fit which even though it completely screwed over the results of an entire season it is probably better that they did it then rather than discover how broken it was in the middle of the new raid release.

1 Like

list me off a demon hunter that was a caster and not a melee and i’ll look into them.

1 Like

You’re regurgitating stuff we already know and it adds nothing to your argument. The concept never existing before is not a valid argument. The concept for a lot of things did not exist before until it did…and you accept it.

The reason for adding/removing anything they want to the game can be literally anything.

Yes they did. It can really be boiled down to them simply deciding to add the augmentation spec. Regardless of how long it was in development or not, at some point in time they decided to add that spec.

You literally contradict yourself here. They knew it would have massive impacts, which is why they released it in the middle of the season. C’mon man. You oversimplify the wrong things and over complicated the simple things.

Nobody asked for Augmentation Evokers, and yet here we are.

Many people have been asking for a support/bard spec for a very long time, not sure what you’re on about. They were adding Evokers which presented the opportunity to add Augmentation.

Because they want to?

Clearly they do not or it would be in the game already.

They didn’t need to make a Demon Hunter a class.

Legion and Demon Hunters were a “break glass in case of emergency” situation, so they kind of did. It also added a hero class and class fantasy previously unrepresented in the game as a playable class.

And don’t forget that they basically removed an entire spec to make the demon hunter class.

Sort of. Metamorphosis was a Demon Hunter ability in the original WC games, then it moved to a Warlock ability, then back to DH.

Seriously I think your comprehension is lacking. Every single response I’ve given you is saying that they can make up any reason to do what they want, and you’re here trying to rationalize and justify all of it like a shill.

Because there will always be a rationale to their reasoning, as I’ve explained. If it doesn’t fit a non-expressed portion of class fantasy or a unique gameplay style, there’s no real reason to add a new spec. You cannot just add every spec that comes to mind as that leads to a massive problem with balancing when we’re already seeing massive balancing issues. It’s something that needs to be handled carefully. I’d love to see a new DH spec if it makes sense at the time they add it, but presently there’s no justification or reason to add one.

every single one of your responses to my post ignores the context of my post completely and either has nothing to do with what i said, is echoing what i said and insulting me for it, or saying i said something i didn’t say. this post makes no sense.

1 Like

I gave you the rework above that gives us third spec with the ability to tune DH in the same manner as other classes.
Although Im wondering if warrior even needs 3 specs when I look at something like Rend in there as a choice

Your comparison made no sense, as the warrior specs represent different class fantasies and do not only exist to focus on different abilities.

Yeah and i suggested one that focuses on melee and one that focuses on magics while vengeance bridges the two