Why don't Tauren join the Alliance?

No, you haven’t. You’ve downplayed it to the point you called it uncomfortable means of information extraction.

Because you know you were wrong about it not being torture, which you also deny even though I quoted your post saying as such.

“You call it torture, I call it effective.”

:cactus:

3 Likes

I think they’re already taking the first step, sending prisoners to the Alliance and promising Tyrande Sylvanas’ head.

4 Likes

No, questionable isn’t bad. Questionable means… Well, it means it can be brought into question. Which it was… People questioned her. Was she wrong though?

I mean, knowing it would work. Knowing that inaction would result in many more deaths. Should she not have done it? I am not about to say she shouldn’t have.

I am sure Blizzard wanted to make it unnerving. But the way I see it. At her worst, she was staying silent to protect a war criminal, thus not worthy of my pity. At her best, she is a coward who has been intimidated into staying silent to protect a war criminal, and thus, not worthy of my respect.

Maybe I am just cold hearted.

Really?

This was my initial response to Dakore regarding it

And again

I have never said it wasn’t torture. I made a distinction been it and torcher irl, because there is data present that are impossibilities in the historical utilization of torcher methods. Those distinctions are important, because that is the line between what I can justify in a fantasy world, and what I find reprehensible irl.

I know you just want to tunnel vision bull rush into some kind of pseudo-moralistic “gotcha” moment, but this really isn’t that complicated. So much so, that you are either incredibly dense, or you are being willfully dishonest and not at all interested in having a conversation.

If such is the case, it’s sad that you really have nothing better to do.

1 Like

Eeeh, I can see how it can get pretty upsetting if we’re just going to have to keep apologizing to the Alliance. This is nobody’s idea of fun. People want the Horde to be Metal.

That is a another annoying aspect about the story. Blizzard must have assumed that sympathy for the Night elves would outweigh people’s faction pride. They were way off the mark there.

This was Blizzard delivering on the Horde being “metal”:

Hence why the Horde will keep having to apologize now.

5 Likes

We’re getting into a debate about morality. It’s like the trolley problem. I wish I had read the book so I’d be more familiar with the context!

But the fact that she creeps out everyone and even Turalyon goes “what the hell was that”, then I think that’s all we need? And there are just a few disgruntled Horde stans around who simply want this recognized. Alleria doing pretty dark stuff that makes everyone around her unconfortable, and even tho she is rewarded with success (not too happy with this, tbh), but at what cost, so to speak. And they don’t want Alliance stans bursting through the wall trying to nelfsplain how it’s okay, because at the end she wasn’t wrong. Just admit that it’s at least a start at developing gray shades in WOW’s stories.
(sorry if this came out rude to both sides, wasn’t my intention, I just couldn’t help myself)

And yeah, you do come off as rather cold. Perhaps Alleria is cold like that too. The high elves acted somewhat indifferent to human issues during the 2nd war, after all.

No, not like that.

Seriously, who asked for this? Who asked for another split in their faction with one side being depressed monsters and another being evil zombies?

11 Likes

You think you do, but you don’t.

Nice projection BTW.

2 Likes

I resent your verbiage here, sir.

I am sort of the type of person who feels very deeply for people I am close too, but is sort of distant to everyone else. I have also found value in being brutally honest with people. I know the people who are my friends like me for who I am, because surely there are easier people to be friends with lol.

So it’s not like I really care about how other people might perceive me.

I think the same applies to Alleria here (If it makes you feel better, I havn’t read the book either, so we are at least on equal footing lol). I don’t think the people unnerved by her methods should be an indication of the morality of the situation. Because it seems to be clear that any of them wouldn’t have been able to catch Sira and foil Sylvanas’ plans without Alleria.

I am not sure if looking at it in terms of “Alleria is rewarded and vindicated for this” is the right way to look at it either. In truth, I think Alleria is being set up to replace Sylvanas as the morally ambiguous hero. Sylvanas was never a hero in any sense of the word, but fans (including myself) attributed this pragmatism to her. Utilitarian morality. Born of cold calculous rather than emotion. It is hard to argue with the logic, but as innately empathetic creatures, it might be a concept people find unnerving. I like it though.

I think I get the type you’re describing. Could be cool.

These talks just make me want to read the thing more. It’s on my list.

this thread is going to be hilarious when Blizzard tells us that all of Sylvanas’s actions were necessary for her to kill the Jailer and replace the Arbiter.

They would have played us like a fiddle, those sly rascals.

I hope that doesn’t happen. We’d never hear the end of it from Elesana.

7 Likes

I mean, same, but it’s guaranteed.

1 Like

I’ve been saying Sylvanas is trying to replace the Jailer too.

I mean, her ultimate goal has always been to transcend death. So… Yeah, it’s going to be sad times.

On this, we can agree.

Baine is being written to be Anduins best friends and that means that he is always going to be there for his buddy through thick and thin.

It will all lead to them both riding their own black dragons into battle to fight the big bad void while unifying their factions together.

Its just bad fan fic writing of Golden.

1 Like

Dread this all headcannon, we already know from blizzard that the souls of the dead killed during the legion were going to the Maw not to some magical demon engine.

Even then Sylvanas didn’t assist at all against the Legion for the rest of the Expac, she was more concerned with attacking Genns forces.

If you can prove from any line of dialog where she state she was going to turn the Valkyr on the legion ill concede but there isn’t any.

Well its obvious she didn’t have them till she broke the helm and they could cross over. That was the whole point of breaking the helm so the jailers forces could cross over.

Source? Because:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Soul_engine

Soul engines are a type of building summoned by the Burning Legion alongside the Legion Structures and Legion ships. The soul engine is where harvested souls are collected and stored to power the Legion’s war machine(s).[1] Some jailer demons are responsible for capturing souls and fueling the engines.[2]

References

^ a b N [110] A Fate Worse Than Dying
^ Vile Soulwarden#Quotes