Why don't Tauren join the Alliance?

Because it’s the last god damned microscopic shred of hope anyone on the red team can find to have any sort of logic in this stupid expansion.

4 Likes

As Loathe as I am to agree with Akiyass, Canonically, the Log should of been in Greymane’s hands by the time of Stormheim. The very last line in the quest dealing with the Log states that it was going to be sent to him.

Of course, we can not be absolutely sure it made it to him, not because it couldn’t have but because the story in Legion was so broken and disconnected that nothing really made sense if you didn’t play the entire story IN ORDER and on EACH CLASS.

So by the time Stormheim happens, we enter into the Story were Genn is sent by Anduin to do some investigation, though your character isn’t told exactly what that was. But Canonically, it happens after Azuna and after you find the Log.

YES, Genn jumped the gun and attacked the horde fleet first, justified or not.
Sort of a “Being right” and “Being wrong” at the same time.
But Attacking Sylvanas later during the encounter with Eyir wasn’t wrong, because he obviously was observing the entire situation the whole time and could see what she was doing.

This really means nothing.
I mean, Canonically, my Paladin has Ashbringer but everyone and their mother has it on both factions too.

The Story is literally written that whatever YOUR CHARACTER does or encounters is Canon, even if it happens to the other faction too. The Log was obviously just a breadcrumb for your character to follow, leading you to the events of Stormheim.
Been a while since I played through on my hordes but I’m pretty sure you are sent there to investigate what happened to the Queen’s Reprisal, at least partly.
So even on Horde, you canonically go to Stormheim after find the Log.

1 Like

I’m going to play the devil’s fiddle.

Let’s assume the Horde is unrepentantly evil. Let us also assume that somehow Varian got them to agree to fight the Legion beside them instead of trying to murder the Alliance. And, for the sake of the argument in this otherworld, the Alliance knows Sylvanas is going after the Valkyr.

Why on Earth would you ever make a move against an unrepentant army’s leader during the biggest crisis the world had ever experienced (and likely will ever experience) if you weren’t guaranteed a killshot?

It’s really stupid. Either way you frame this, it was a monumentally dumb decision.

Elseworld: You’ve enraged an army of monsters who will burn your loved ones with the full intention of genociding your entire race – and you instigated without being able to seal the deal.

Our World: You turned an army that has been fighting for survival against you because you attacked their leader as if you have the moral authority to decide who in the Horde gets to live and who in the Horde gets to die. You also demonstrate that you’re willing to risk every living soul on Azeroth to the Legion’s Soul Engines because of your petty vendetta.

4 Likes

You’re asking this in the context of both the Horde and Alliance doing exactly this against Gul’dan at the Broken Shore?

Edit: Or, hell, that very question with the War of the Thorns itself, as Sylvanas and Saurfang were never sure they could have killed Malfurion alone, and failing their objective they knew the Alliance would come for them, which was exactly what happened, with the Horde not winning any notable battles after that.

Nothing is ever a guarantee. Especially in a world where magic exists, and you are facing someone as resilient and cunning as Sylvanas.

I think you are just grasping at air at this point. It is not a real position to have. Sylvanas was their to enslave an entire race of angelic beings. This being the case, the Alliance did have the moral authority to decide who in the Horde gets to live and die. When you do something that so blatantly jeopardizes the security of all life on Azeroth, you forfeit the right to live.

A race of angelic beings who were not members of the Alliance, and so no armistice was broken.

They did not. The Valkyr are not members of the Alliance.

So, slavery is okay in your world? Got it.

Yes they did. They not only had the authority, they had responsibility. The power of the val’kyr in the hands of the people who’s slogan is “Death to the living” is a threat to all races on Azeroth, Alliance and Horde.

What did you miss, Akiyass?

Also, didn’t you accuse me of virtue signaling a few posts ago?

The Alliance are not the world police. They had no moral or literal authority to stop Sylvanas’s attacks on other factions.

I did. The key difference is, you virtue signaled me when I wasn’t making justifications for slavery. You, are quite literally saying slavery is okay, and no one should interfere when it happens.

They do not need to be the world police. As individuals, we have a responsibility to disrupt evil where we see it.

You just keep lying. Goodbye, Akiyass. Sorry, Dakore. She’s your problem, now.

1 Like

There was no armistice. If you’re fixated on the nod Varian gave to Sylvanas, there’s some lines from Hamilton that apply:

We signed a treaty with a king whose head is now in a basket.
    Would you like to take it out and ask it?
    “Should we honor our treaty, King Louis’ head?”
    “Uh… do whatever you want. I’m super dead.”

The Alliance has the same moral stance to stop Sylvanas as it did to stop Azshara, Xavius, Dargrul, Skovald, Elisande, and the Legion at large.

1 Like

Ah yes… Must be nice to just write off any and all opposition as liars. God forbid you take responsibility for your own statements.

You kinda are. As a jedi, you get Dark Side points every time you don’t pick the nicest dialogue option. That includes not sparing your enemies. If a Sith begs for mercy and you go “no, you’re evil” - bam! Dark side points!

Don’t forget Garrosh, Blackhand, Guldan, Nerzul and Ogrim doomhammer.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke

They at least provide the option to be merciless which is more than what WoW provides. Aside from a “Why should I help you?” dialogue option with Vol’jin, Alliance players just get to accept quests and do things for Anduin’s peace crusade.

Horde’s pretty much the same. They had the extra choices to side with Sylvanas but we’re all seeing how meaningless that’s turning out to be.

Yeah, but what I meant is that if you are not merciful, the game explicitly tells you that you’re turning into a bad guy.

That’s easy to say when the Legion, who has conquered, corrupted, and/or destroyed every single planet they have ever visited except for yours, is not currently on your doorstep. This is a big problem with the Alliance. They always get to have their cake and eat it, too. There should’ve been massive, immediate ramifications for betraying the Horde during the Legion Crisis.

2 Likes

Given Blizzard’s penchant for painting characters who aren’t merciful as misguided angry people at best, villains at worst, this would be true for Alliance players if they were given the same options.

I can’t imagine many would be thrilled at the notion of being called “Dark Side” for not wanting to show the Horde mercy.

But at least Jedi get the option. You don’t like to be the unrealistically merciful Jedi. You can be a Dark Jedi if you want to be. Warcraft doesn’t do that, and likely never will.

In that game, sure. But in games like Mass Effect, where dialogue options are not really defined by good or bad, it is more nuanced. And really, if a Dark Jedi is still fighting against the evil of the Sith… Are they really evil?

Finally we agree on something.

Ask Revan.