Why don't players like timers?

I can agree with this. I enjoy M+ and the timer doesn’t bother me, but it shouldn’t trickle down to non-timed content (and it does). It’s a lot like metas for MDI or pushing >+20s - you don’t need to follow that for 15s, but so many act like you do.

you can’t stop and chit chat much at all with timers ; sometimes its a good thing sometimes not :wink:

4 Likes

True, but OP has previously made threads with the intent of starting a fire on a Classic alt so I don’t know why anyone would fall for it a second time. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Who cares Honestly if it is a bait thread?

There is decent amount of thought out replies…

4 Likes

Agree to disagree. :heart:

You complete the dungeon but not the timer and the key stays the same level. Everyone wins and much less likely for people to drop.

And it’s not a git gud scenario. I found strategic pulls and maintaining CC with proper kill orders far more strategic than overpowering with gear and meta putting enemies in a ball and aoe’ing them down as fast as you can

the former it was easier to be social in a social game, the latter you don’t even have time to be chatty with your own guild

8 Likes

I guess you’ve never been in a guild group on discord doing a m+

1 Like

Mythic+ should have just been a challenge mode that awards cosmetics. It should never have become a gearing path.

19 Likes

The GO GO GO thing is what made toxic players even more toxic. It even harmed regular dungeons. Sometimes you aren’t even zoned in that the tank has already pulled an entire mob pack and then blames you for not healing him and leaves.

8 Likes

True but players leave immediately once timer fails.

wow. I mean. sorry. I don’t want to be mean, but do you know how the premade group finder works?

if you don’t care if you time the key, you state that in the pug ad with “completion.” then the players who sign-up are doing so with full knowledge that the run isn’t pushing to time the key.

when you don’t do this, or even worse, when you say “pushing” or “timing” in your ad, then as soon as the key is or looks to be toast, players may leave because it’s likely the only reason they joined the pug was to time. the. key. there’s nothing wrong here.

Some people see clocks ticking and suddenly develop anxiety. It happens. Some other people remember time trials from other games like racing games from back in the day and think cool challenge. Just depends on where ya come from and what ya like.

5 Likes

Single player ? No problem
Multiplayer? Screw it

11 Likes

Its not timers per say. Adding a mechanic that punishes people for failing will always add a toxic element to any PUG content. And MMOs are based around being PUG friendly. Hence the disconnect for a lot of players.

7 Likes

Because no one asked for esports, but apparently we did, and by golly we’re gonna like it

11 Likes

It’s the same reason those speedy timed tests in grade school don’t really help. Doing something faster doesn’t mean you actually understand it later on. It’s just memorization then putting that in a stressful environment.

4 Likes

the people complaining about m+ timers’’ i like raiding cus it doesnt timers’’ doesnt realize that bosses have enrage timers and you cant sit there and hit it for 10mins neither
lol

1 Like

This as well, I’m the former, I see a timer in anything and I put pressure on myself to the point I end up getting tunnel vision and messing something up.

2 Likes

I don’t like timers because they are a very artificial and “gamey” mechanic, that, for me, is just very world breaking. Sure, there are enrage timers, but those are built into the actual boss mechanics. Mythic plus timers feel like they transport you out of the game into some tournament mode.

Not trying to knock people who like it, it’s just not the reason I personally play mmos.

I also think it has normalized players treating other human beings like trash, because the added stress is an easy excuse for childish behavior. It makes me feel like I’m playing a lobby based competitive shooter.

Everyone is so obsess with “competitive” and “e-sport” features that wow has kind of lost the forest for the trees.

24 Likes

For the longest time the only challenging pve content in wow was raids. And they lasted 10 mins or less. M+ can go for 42 mins.

tbf timer is like a non issue in lower keys.
messing with an alt these days, +3ed a +4 with many deaths and suboptimal plays.