Why does wow feel so unrewarding?

Game just feels like I’m wasting my time anyone else feel this way? i love wow but get bored very fast nothing you do feels rewarding and worth your time

7 Likes

Because there’s no “Game Over” screen :frowning:

7 Likes

playing for rating feels fun.

1 Like

when everyone gets the easily obtainable trash rewards, nothing is cool or “worth” chasing anymore imo.

good thing we had cool stuff to earn in past xpacs
:nerd_face:

7 Likes

I think take break, touch grass or play another game for 2 day-5 years ish.

Then you’ll come back and enjoy again.

I took a 14 day nature vacay and suddenly WoW is the best thing when I came back.

1 Like

It is not supposed to be rewarding. You get temporary cookie and be happy! Because next season we take that cookie away!

4 Likes

6 Likes

have you tried actual endgame?

Mismatch of expectations probably.

This is a game. It’s for wasting time and not deal w/ the real world. In terms of the game you get what you sow. You dont do alot you get no reward.

1 Like

Playing for IO is fun.

Yeah playing for IO is reasonable, I find myself doing that. I actually cared more about my IO than I did converting stuff into Wyrm crests, I didn’t even know I was obtaining them.

Playing for IO has a better progression feeling to it, even though it takes weeks because the gear bumps are gated behind the Great Vault.
I wish the gear bumps were gated by RNG, like with Titanforging, but whatever, at least we can upgrade gear.
I wouldn’t be doing jack squat if the upgrade and crafting system weren’t implemented, I’d literally be grinding out Mythic 0 and normal raid, like at launch.

wiggles toes

You look like you have a classic case of sunk cost syndrome and don’t know how to step away.

1 Like

I wonder what wow looks like, what changes happened in the alternate timeline where people stopped playing a game they don’t like instead of feeding money every month to a company they also don’t like.

We’re bored, okay?!?!

I have some fun with it still, but not gonna lie it’s been a while since I think I had more than a hour or hour and a half play session.

I just hop on the character I’m leveling or doing whatever with and within 45 minutes to an hour I’m logging out for the night.

Take a break. /shrug.

I just set small goals. Finish it, start another goal.

1 Like

Because it is… imagine doing a raid, even outright having to carry extensively at your role, and losing to people who die early or probably just AFK. That is the life of a WoW raider. Also imagine running key after key and not seeing a single piece of loot. Yep, Blizzard’s team is scared of how boring the game is, so they extend grinds when possible.

This is why I don’t care about getting the best gear.

2 Likes