Why does trainer get 3 hits to my 1 hit

I finally got a few pets to 25 and trying against trainers in bfa. They always hit me 4 times vs 1 hit i get off. Example. I click button 1…they hit me before i click…after i click button 1…then right after my attack. How is that fair?

It depends on the tamer, their pet, the pet’s speed, and what attack they’re using. Some attacks have the potential for 1-3 hits, and they get an ‘extra’ hit if they’re faster. So let’s say the pet is faster than you, and RNG says it was going to get 1 hit, they get the additional hit because of their speed, making it 2.

Korval Darkbeard’s last pet, Brite, I think it is, is a good example of how the enemy can potentially hit you four times. If they get three hits from Slicing Wind, and then a hit from Cyclone, which will happen after both pets have had their turn, the potential is there for four hits.

ETA: Slicing Wind doesn’t have the speed modifier, though, meaning no matter how fast or slow a pet is, the potential is always there for 1-3 hits.

If you tell us what trainer, and copy/paste the pet battle log, we’ll be able to tell you exactly what was going on.
Next time, more info please.

Your composition matters as well. If you’re going to include the pet battle log, we can probably figure it out, but you should be telling us what pets you’re using. (Species, breed, and selected skills, all three slots.)

Should be aware that Blizzard has deliberately made the trainers hard. And their RNG is definitely better than ours. Experienced pet people have figured out, sometimes painfully, how to go about beating them, but this usually means specific types of pets and sometimes even their breeds.

It’s not just you.

1 Like

I’m willing to bet the trainer pet has a higher speed number. The pet with the highest speed will always go first. Speed kills :slight_smile: