Why does Slayer not mention Ravager for Fury?

There’s absolutely no way Blizzard thinks the majority of Fury warriors, the high APM button-clicky spec, want to be forced to sit in Bladestorm every minute doing nothing for six entire seconds. So why is there no mention of Ravager?

Ravager was introduced into Fury specifically so that Fury wouldn’t have to sit in Bladestorm, and to give Arms its own identity with Bladestorm. Conspicuously absent from Slayer is any mention of Ravager. I’m willing to wait for the PTR to make any sweeping statements, but please don’t lock us into Bladestorm.

2 Likes

I think it’s worth mentioning that the fury version of bladestorm was a baseline 3 (maybe 4?) second channel which was then further compressed by haste which fury typically has quite a bit of through enrage and effects like Frenzy.

5 Likes

If you like to PvP at all, you want to keep the spec procing Bladestorm.

Every single time you use Bloodthirst or overpower, you will become immune to -ALL- cc for 1 second.

I’m sure you understand that this is the single most powerful ability warriors have been given for PVP

You can now as a warrior predict incoming cc outside of spell reflect, becoming outstandingly hard to control in PvP.

9 Likes

It’s a chance.

2 Likes

ah my bad… misread that one.

Well thats a bummer.

1 Like

Slayer’s retired.

I’m also curious if you will be considered actually bladestorming for the GCD, because bladestorm does remove a certain level of agency for the warrior that can really be a detriment. It seems less like an objectively good mechanic, and more like an appealing mechanic for people with a crippling gambling addiction.

You might proc a bladestorm as you get knocked back, and if you can’t cancel it because of some interaction like the hurricane talent, that’s really bad. But we really have to wait to test it, because any possible issues we have now are purely speculation.

I wish for Fury the hero talents would focus on Odyn’s Fury instead. Really feels like Fury is just an afterthought here; Mountain Thane focuses on Prot abilities/fantasy and Slayer on Arms.

5 Likes

Could be good if Bladestorm is good damage.

Oddly, though, they’re injecting both Bladestorm AND Charge Weaving straight back into the rotation, so it’ll feel a lot like Shadowlands again. lol

how are they putting charge back into the rotation? i dont really see how they are doing that by adding some CD reduction or slow immunity to it.

1 Like

Waiting for bladestorm to finish will help slow down the carpal tunnel all fury warriors will get.

3 Likes

Even if the core info was wrong, the sentiment is still the same. Continuous random cc immunity is still pretty op.

I can see it lining up quite often. Even if it is a random proc.

Regardless, though, even at 3s, that’s still 2 GCDs, exactly — a GCD of emptiness that Fury normally has no reason ever to have/feel.

For my part, I just don’t get why Slayer needs to be Bladestorm-focused at all, rather than just including Ravager, too, at a different coefficient.

If anything, Ravager seems the slightly more “Slayer”-thematic, since they went that route with the name over “Blademaster”.

I don’t have any problem with Ravager still being an option for those that really just want to constantly press something all the time. 2-3 gcds every 45-60 seconds of chilling to hit Bladestorm also doesn’t seem like that big of a deal to me.

I suspect they want to ignore the inevitable tuning concerns and whatever talents they create for Bladestorm in the tree versus how that would work with Ravager. It’s one thing to tune Ravager vs Bladestorm as single abilities. It becomes another thing if items like Hurricane continue to exist as well. Not saying they can’t do it, but it might be part of the equation as they rework the talent trees.

1 Like

I completely agree.
DK has a similar talent with AMS. I really hope these don’t go live.

Your comment gave me a brilliantly funny idea wherein warriors undergoing Bladestorm can also use Charge and Heroic Leap. Otherwise, they’d have to use a cancelaura macro that may not work.

It would feel weird to have a macro be necessary to avoid a RNG blunder and probably be rather clunky. The proc won’t last long but some reactions need a split second response.

So psyched for this but I bet it gets nerfed to the ground before launch (hope not but let’s all be honest here)

as any beyblade should :relieved:

I kinda disagree with the, “Fury warriors don’t want to be sitting in Bladestorm,” comment. In Shadowlands, going brrrrrrrrrrrr as fury was fun. You used to need a macro so when you were rage capped you could cancel bladestorm fast. It was enjoyable.

2 Likes

I feel Bladestorm would fit quite nicely into a SMF Annihilator build :smiling_face_with_tear: