Why does my stealth keep dropping?

Seriously this is really bothering me. I’m playing PVP running around and suddenly I’m out of stealth. I check the logs. NOTHING TOUCHED ME. I save a video, nothing happened my stealth just got disabled. I mostly see it happening in world PVP. It’s gotten to a point where I’ve made a large weakaura for stealth just because there’s absolutely no warning for it dropping. The last time it dropped (like 2 minutes ago) I was watching a fight between an afflic lock and a rogue. I only noticed because after the fight was over the locks disc priest healer turned and looked at me and started trying to kill me.

Also I am absolutely certain I’m not running in any flares, traps, fires, environmental hazards.

7 Likes

It’s a problem that has been occurring throughout all this expansion. Have to be easy on the developers, it’s only an indie company running this game. Got to give them at least 2 more expansions before they’ll notice.

9 Likes

#RoguesCantHaveNiceThings

5 Likes

Because many classes have new abilities/ interactions that apply splash damage / effects even though you’re not a combatant at the time.

Ex:
Paladin divine toll will find you in stealth / vanish, other ranged abilities can make you fall out as well ( not sure but it isn’t judgement related)

Druid swarm will find you and follow you. Feral auto rip/bleed aoe talents break vanish on purpose(nothing you can do about it but be cool when it happens).

Shadow priest ghosts will find you and do their thing until they pop you like an angry grandpa and break you out of stealth/vanish

Dk diseases and warlock dots can be reapplied through cloak (makes me believe cloak is 90% like back in the day).

Spirit link / earthgrab/ static field-totem all break stealth

Just a few things that are intentionally out there. Lots of other stuff as well.

2 Likes

Because there’s a bug with 2set, still not fixed after half of the season.

Also, there was a bug with Phantom Singularity (lock talent) hitting people in stealth since like BFA. Not sure if its still present.

5 Likes

spam report the rupture bug pleasssse

4 Likes

I just love how they continuously add new abilities that do aoe, and have absolutely zero regard to making sure they dont affect stealth, or that they stay within their own range.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s so frustrating to die in a bg and spawn at a graveyard still in combat because rupture is ticking on the other side of the map on someone. Please fix blizzard

7 Likes

For those than don’t know, the Undead Racial touch of the grave proc will also put you in combat/ pull you out of stealth.

2 Likes

My God… I had really hoped it was just on my end that I could fix myself. But no apparently there’s so much stuff that knocks you out of stealth. I was talking to a guy in game and apparently there’s also some sort of issue with demo locks knocking people out of stealth without dealing damage to them either…

This is a bit of a pain in the bottom.

1 Like

Priest crystalline reflection keeps you in combat / delays stealth as well. Collapsing void stuff from Shadow priest can reset combat too.

Shaman talent that works like nature’s vigil for druids (before the changes) also resets combat timer. Don’t remember what it is called though.

It’s whatever, just less reasons for people to just talk smack about rogue. We adapt and keep our heads on a swivel.

2 Likes

Not limited to tier set. I recently started leveling my rogue 60 - 70 and I’ll randomly drop stealth while sneaking around. WM is off, no random aoe’s from the environment/mobs, and no procs from my rogue.

Very annoying.

1 Like

ofc there’s a ton of other issues regarding stealth breaking, but those I mentioned above are one of the most prevalent and well known, Sadly not well known by blizzard devs…

1 Like

I’ve noticed this in wpvp situations too. Just randomly dropping stealth for absolutely no reason. Nothing hitting me. Haven’t hit anyone. Seems to be a bug as of dragonflight.

Obviously the biggest issue is assassination 2 set, the rupture ticks will 100% take you out of stealth.

I think new rogue players forget that if you dont have a macro for stealth, every time you spam the ability IT WILL TAKE YOU OUT OF STEALTH. When stealth is spammed it will take you out of stealth just as quickly as it put you in stealth when combat is dropped. Use this macro and never have that issue again.

Spammable stealth macro:
/cast [nostealth] Stealth

Also as a lonnnng term rogue player just make macros for your most spammable abilities and include stealth in them.

Example:
/cast mutilate
/cast [nostealth] Stealth

This will solve most stealthing issues for new rogue players and will make you stealth the .sec you stop combat.

1 Like

cant forget that if you take Subterfuge, you cant stealth when it activates and have to wait for it to end. Also cant right-click it off.

Im willing to bet the “rogue rework” brings more stealth problems than it does fixes too

1 Like

Stealth has a 2 second cd which lines up with this experience. Willing to believe that is it, not subterfuge.

2 Likes

Nah It’s literally subterfuge. you cannot remove it and you can’t stealth when it’s up

1 Like

It is what it is I guess. 1 sec between stealth cd and subterfuge isn’t a crushing issue. Can still vanish / meld if absolutely needed.

Subterfuge is its own hooks of coding we were told a while ago and same with night stalker.

Would rather have subterfuge and deal with the minimal issue than no subterfuge at all. The versatile use behind it is worth that 1 sec penalty any day.

1 Like

Actually its 3 seconds. Its not -as- bad, but it can suck if you need that restealth fairly fast.

Even though that’s part of another problem that we cant click it off, its very hard to live without subterfuge. I’ve realized since trying to play without it, a lot of things are baked into it. Like you can mount/hearth in stealth with subterfuge and it wont break stealth but if you dont take subterfuge, you cant do it. maybe that’s not a lot of things but its enough for me to fume :triumph:

Spaghetti coding

1 Like