Why does Dampening take 5 min to initiate?

Seems poorly designed and in favor of long, boring matches. No one wants to watch 15+ min arena games where all damage is just instant healed over and over and over. Maybe make dampening start as soon as the gate opens like in 2v2. You could also make dampening ramp us 100% faster but start at 5 minutes like it does now.

It seems like the dampening tuning knob has cobwebs on it from not being touched in years.

Yeaa… no thanks, with how high dmg is now and how hard it is to heal, if dampening started right away it’d be literally impossible to keep up. 95% of my games at 2500 mmr don’t go over 3 min long, if your games are taking longer then i guess its just a skill issue.

1 Like

Weird claim considering the average match for AWC was what, 6-7 min? Guess it’s a skill issue for them having boring long games too then.

idk man most of my games are going over 5 mins at 2500 (not only vs double wizard dampeners but vs melee cleaves too) so maybe it’s a skill issue on your end too

Competitive games where the best of the best play against the best of the best always go deep into dampening because their gameplay is almost perfect from both sides, that’s not the case for ladder games of the same level though.

Can’t use the top 0,0001% of the world as a sample

That’s because your spec, that’s played by almost 50% of the healer playerbase, doesn’t oom. Try playing as or into any other spec except maybe a few certain rsham comps and you’ll see most games won’t last over 5 mins

Not only that, but didn’t all the AWC players have sockets etc, like we eventually will from the Maw rep? You can bet that all those sockets had vers in them.

And we saw in the final match, it seems there were a ton more hybrid specs in there sacrificing damage to equip tank style leggos for defensive value.

Its just not a great representation of ladder, like Zarhoes said. What happens in AWC is not always what we can expect on the ladder.

Also @zarhoes, doesn’t your guild have a team in the AWC cup? How are they doing so far?

We had a few players from guild participating but I’m pretty sure none of them made top 6, not sure though

1 Like

Boom roasted

Dampening should start when the disc priest goes oom.

Games go into damp because a lot of specs are super based on cds so if u cd trade you don’t die

or there’s just a bunch of other defensives on your team that keep you alive for a long time despite good damage

I mean good players just know how to cd trade really well but it’s not like every cc chain gets scary

Exactly what I mean, they trade cd’s perfectly unlike most of the arena players, making them survive much longer than 99% of the players, that won’t play that well as them.

Idk I feel like that’s a problem though that cds are still just too strong

Just leads to games lasting a long time because people are weak outside of it

You think burst dmg and healing should be reduced while increasing constant dmg and healing through the whole game? that wouldn’t be a bad idea tbh

You wanna know what the problem is? 2 healers have infinite mana, and there are too many hybrids/dps with far too much sustain/off-healing/utility/defensives.

You saw Disc Priest go OOM in like 4 minutes and auto lose the game. Rdruids and MW are the same. You saw people get CC’d but dont matter cause a Ret pally did 1.2m damage and 1.2m healing(In a match where the actual healers did 1.8 and 1.9; the unlimited mana healers, btw).

The real cause of dampening is just that; self-sufficiency. Too many classes have far too many ways of just not dying and/or healing themselves or their team. And 2 healers in particular dont even use mana.

1 Like

The matches are long only because of Paladins incredible healing , both Rets and Holys
Try to play without WoG in team and u will see how fast games are.

same but 2300

So AWC just had a 16 minute game. People like watching games that long where all damage get instantly healed? People like playing games where everything feels inconsequential until the game forces players to receive 50% less healing?

It feels boring to play and even more boring to watch. I used to actually enjoy watching arena games and now I’m getting more enjoyment from reading the youtube chat trolls.

Shadowlands was initially praised as a “fast paced meta” but in reality we are in Dampening for Azeroth 2.0. Oh and with how Versatility works games will only slow down further and further.