Why do you main DH?

Why do you main demon hunter?

i donā€™t main dh because itā€™s boring

1 Like

Says the warriorā€¦

But yes, the question was directed to main DHs.

2 Likes

whats funny is when i play DH i never play havoc. Vengeance is so tanky and such high damage output with self healing that its a no brainer to me. Not to mention jumping and smashing into the ground is way more fun then fel rushing

• simple gameplay, at least at the beginning, nowadays I wonder more and more if I should continue using it as Main, too much damage window :ox::poop:
  • Vengeful Retreat
  • Felrush
  • Double jump
  • Winds
  • Fit elf
1 Like

I was a DH fan before wow was even a thing. Wc3 was my gaming life when i was young. In vanilla i had to choose between rogue or lock.

Just wish they would finish the class.

2 Likes

On my VDH, I feel like Batman. Felbatman. I meld with the shadows, I pounce on my enemies, I throw batarangs, I strike fear in the hearts of evil doersā€¦ ā€œI AM VENGEANCE. I AM THE NIGHT. I AM FELFƁƁDAERN!ā€

I ask myself the same question, especially since they insist on this absurd movement for damage playstyle which is both toxic and boring.

I might change in TWW. Not sure what else Iā€™d play: I like the DH self sustain and I love tanking M+ but raid DPS makes me want to quit. Momentum/Intertia is the worst playstyle of any character in any MMO Iā€™ve ever experienced, but I love everything else about the class.

2 Likes

Insane damage output and mobility.
Not having to offheal / be such a utility class, besides darkness / reverse magic.
Wpvp and gliding is so much fun!

Iā€™d have to admit I loved the low keybinds previously but now DH has about the same amount of binds as my destro lock.

Just a really fun class coming from playing destro / DK. Mobility is massive.

1 Like

This is what keeps me from maining DH.

1 Like

You realize if Momentum/Inertia was gone the classā€™ mobility would basically not be something necessary to play, right? Fel Rush and VR are not there just for fun, they are part of the class. The class is designed to know how to master its mobility and how to position yourself correctly.

Not for everyone, just as any other class isnā€™t.

1 Like

I know precisely what I said, and Iā€™ve played DH as long as DH has existed.

Momentum would be better off as a defensive talent, tying it to damage is simply annoying. Inertia is the same. Fel-rushing for a damage increase is toxic. The class was better when momentum was never taken.

I say this as someone who has gotten CE every tier I have raided since Legion, in guilds ranging from casual CE to HoF. I have played almost every class at this level too. Momentum is hands down the worst playstyle design Iā€™ve experienced. The only reason people arenā€™t upset about it at this point is because the throughput is good and the expansion is in a lull.

Iā€™m not even saying it should be completely removed necessarily, I just want other specs to be within 3% on the actual fights. Not sims, but actual fights. Even so, I think everyone would enjoy it more if momentum gave you 1-2 seconds of 80% dr or something. Then you could pull of some highly skilled maneuvers to solo-soak or whatever without having to arbitrarily fel rush to stack damage CDs every so often.

Or they could add a CD so you can only get momentum for 12 seconds every minute or something. Then you could really plan your DPS windows without having to constantly fel rush.

2 Likes

i got ce
lvl 10 eu toon

if you were actually CE youā€™d know why turning felrush into a defensive is not only broken but just as restrictive.

Iā€™m not posting on my main account because itā€™s a violation of guild policy, which is typical of most higher-end guilds. Why do you think there are so many worthless alts on the forums?

Fel Rush into a defensive CD would indeed be broken, unless it were properly tuned. Then again, it could be like old blade dance with 100% dodge. That was powerful but not broken, and certainly not restrictive. It added depth and skill to PvE. PvPers seemed to hate it but I donā€™t really care, PvP tuning is increasingly separate from PvE anyways.

Finally, like I said, Iā€™d be happy if they simply increased the impact and reduced the frequency. Having something like an 80% damage modifier that only activates once per minute for a handful of seconds would be much more interesting and rewarding that the current status. Iā€™d rather line things up for that perfect execution every minute than constantly fel rush around for no reason. Itā€™s like a more annoying version of barbed shot, and initiative is even worse.

1 Like

i doubt that alot. but you do you

VDH has been my main since Legion because itā€™s a blast, a great blend of defense, offense, and mobility. And Havoc ainā€™t bad either.

I loved my DH since it was introduced in the Legion prepatch, even golding both proving grounds in spite of only having two talent rows activated at the time. I had the most fun with the spec in Legion and BfA, and it was okay going into SL (when I stepped away from the game for life stuff), but when I came back to the class in DF, I found VDH okay and havoc really not fun anymore. Instead of enjoying my fun movement powers, I feel like Iā€™m just getting punished constantly for not using them correctly. That sucks.

Hopefully they assign a new lead dev to DH and rogue someday because I donā€™t think the current person is good at designing fun gameplay thatā€™s accessible.

2 Likes

I donā€™t dislike your Idea, I think Fel Rush for a buff makes Fel Rush more important though, and makes them class feel more alive.

I agree it was more comfortable to play when we didnā€™t pick that talent, but thatā€™s also why the class was so braindeadly easy in PvE. It was just like FDK with dashes.

Because they took meta from Demo locks lol

Because ive sacrificed everything

1 Like