Why do you have a right to fast BG queues?

Not at all. The point is question what seems to me a discrepancy in our perspective of gameplay features. We seem to believe that we should be able to play in BGs on short notice but this seems inconsistent with other social aspects of the game.

I agree that my anecdotal observations aren’t data. We can agree to disagree but neither of us can prove our suspicions.

People weren’t wrong about them needing to do something about Horde queue times, the problem is they picked the laziest most ill-thought out solution and the most spammed topic on this forum when this forum is an echo chamber and almost never right about anything.

People just want to play a game that isn’t ruined by the loudest people on forums.

9 Likes

This poster probably does want these as do most of the people who like this sort of change. Throw it all in. After all lets turn TBCC as much into Retail Lite as possible due to extreme impatience and almost no time to play.

2 Likes

Actually, I disagree there: why are long queues a problem? It’s no more a problem than the time it takes for me to find a group in LFG/General is a “problem”.

I don’t have a right to control how other people spend their in-game time to benefit what I want to do.

10 Likes

Myopic solutions for a myopic community. Yay modern gaming.

1 Like

Apples and oranges…

Can you explain to me why they are so different?

It’s all perspective based on different scenarios.

Before the change if you were Horde your bg queue would be 1h+
If you’re a dps of any faction, you could be searching for a group 1h+
If you’re Alliance, you had fast queues.
If you’re a tank or a healer, you get into groups fast.

1 Like

Impatience?

Name another video game that makes you wait am HOUR and a half to play…

It was unplayable and que times were worsening because of players quitting. Does blizzard want the majority of pvpers to quit? No.

It isn’t impatience. It’s a requirement of a video game to let you step into the content you want. This barred horde from participating in arena with resilience as well.

Admit you just enjoyed others being unable to play the game out of spite. Disgusting.

1 Like

The only issue of “perspective” is what players value as end-game content. The tank vs DPS matter is irrelevant - as far as I can see, nobody thinks they have a right to have fast times for finding groups. Players seem to acknowledge that their gameplay options for group content are restricted based on the preferences and availability of other players.

Not that my preferences are the topic of this thread, but I don’t want that.

You’re comparing queueing vs forming…

Apples and oranges.

It was either this fix or bring out the rep pvp gear sooner

They’re different approaches to the same underlying issue: finding other players to participate in group content.

So would wait times for BGs be acceptable to you if they were contingent upon forming a group instead of entering a queue?

Horde have plenty, that’s why they’re fighting eachother now.

Based on the old system queue times were fine, I say that because it worked as a line. One side had too many while the other didn’t, so naturally the other side would have fast queues but now that’s irrelevant.

1 Like

I think it’s fair to expect the que times to be the same for each side. Some players like how horde toons look. They’re wrong of course and everyone knows that gnomes are the master race, but they’ll come around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed. I do think there should have been a solution as horde queues will keep getting worse but this solution is so bad. Even though I talk about impatience a lot and mean it I do think some sort of solution to this is a good thing.

The solution that made the most sense to me was free or paid horde to alliance (only) transfers. People were willing to do it. They said so. It wouldn’t have harmed anyone. It wouldn’t have caused issues with balance on PVP servers either but instead helped with that. What they did was the easy fix that doesn’t fit at all with the game and its like even they think it’s a total joke with the Halloween masks. Its in testing phase so there’s hope but I’m not expecting a lot.

2 Likes

It’s not about a right to fast queues, it about a right to NOT have 1 hour queues which is just completely unplayable if you want to pvp.

Just like it’s fair to expect balanced factions so queue times would be equal but players rolled heavily to one side creating the line.

1 Like

If I pay $15/month do I have the right to a tier piece every week?

1 Like

Sure, but they have control over the que times. They can’t force you to play as alliance.