Why do you hate Voidform? #removevoidform

Please explain what do you hate about voidform incase Blizz is reading.

46 Likes

A few points:

1. This isn’t the Alpha forums, and Blizzard isn’t going to look at this regardless since they’re only focusing feedback within the Alpha forum, hence why there are Class/Covenant subforums.

2. Stating you want something removed, and not stating why you want it removed, and/or how to improve what’s currently here is whining. It’s not constructive, and no amount of your whining will even remotely convince Blizzard.

3. Posting petition threads are against the rules, per quoted:

" Petition posts are frowned upon.

These are discussion forums and, as such, we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion."

6 Likes

I want it removed because it drags the spec down far too much

It’s impossible to balance. It’s either very OP, or a dumpster fire. No inbetween.

It’s also a horribly designed spec in the sense that it cannot stand on its own. When Shadow loses azerite, and essences, it’s going straight to trash tier

Azerite and essences are literally the only reason voidform is even somewhat viable. The spec at it’s core is bad. They’ve had 2 expansions to figure it out now (gonna be 3 with shadowlands) and it’s still bad

Let’s throw it out and start from scratch. Stop putting patches on the leaky boat… Just get a new one

39 Likes

All of the core problems of voidform stem from the implementation and mechanics that make voidform what it is. If I were to make any suggestion I truly want to play then it would involve rewriting those mechanics and keeping voidform in name alone.

Comments that attempt to mitigate the current issues without removing it have already been posted, here and in the alpha forums themselves, and I’ve liked them and even had a hand in writing them up.

But I’d be lying through my teeth if I said I actually wanted voidform to stay.

36 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know shadow all that well as a holy priest, but the few times I have dabbled in void form, I have hated it the idea of it.

I love void eruption spell effect, I would like that to be a spell Spriest can use, but I don’t like void form being any type of mechanic.

19 Likes

This

I love the void eruption animation, and levitating in combat

Everything else I’d be ok with losing

14 Likes

What’s wrong with Shadow on Alpha is what’s wrong with Shadow on live. Shadow on alpha is Shadow on live minus necklace/azerite. The same feedback from 8.0 applies right now, because nothing changed since back then.

The alpha invites are so limited in numbers, the number of peoples willing to post on the forums even fewer, that only including alpha forum feedback is bound for disaster.

36 Likes

have you been to the class alpha official feedback discussion it’s very barren. While druids and shamans have +30 comments we got 16.

oh my god here we go again. I swear you’re obsessed with making people write these long suggestion to fix everything as if we are qualified. Stating that a core mechanic of my class and the lens to which I experience the content of an expansion is horrible and unsatisfying to play is valid feedback. I’m not gonna sit here and waste god knows how many hours to do Blizz job for them. This is a game to be enjoyed not studied and analyzed. I’m so sick and tired of you trying to be some sort of armchair developer.
EDIT: Forgot to say i actually have made plenty of suggestions on how to fix voidform because i’m quarantined and got nothing better to do.

I didn’t know that I will change the post. the reason I started the post is to show how people are discontent with both the spec on live and the garbage so called changes on alpha.

14 Likes

Welcome to WoW, a game I love, but has outsourced more of the employees work on the player than any other games. Addons, guides, websites, and game testing and are almost exclusively done by the players.

Also the TOS quotes says frowned upon, not banned. It’s a should/shall difference.

7 Likes

I hate it because I liked the way priest played before… like remember when we had the demon wings or whatever pop out when we where popin off?

Good time.s

25 Likes

Because they can’t balance it and it’s playstyle simply doesn’t work outside of very specific scenarios like long raid boss fights with blust and full buffs without too much movement/downtime ruining your voidforms. It sucks horribly and FEELS BAD in solo play (which tower in shadowlands is going to be a big part of the expansion) especially early in expansions where you stats suck and mostly sucks in dungeons unless maybe you know a tank that will pull specifically around you never leaving combat, goodluck with that and even in the ideal scenario you’re just doing somewhat competitive damage with pretty mediocre utility, so no one bothers inviting you as it’s more trouble than it’s worth.

I’d like to enjoy other aspects of the game, not just raids, and even there anytime it gets too good, it just gets nerfed, which just makes it even worse in other content.

15 Likes

Being balanced around it means being outside void form feels awful, tenfold if you don’t have gear specifically for shadow and just want to do some off spec questing and solo content. Mobs and dungeon trash die too fast to really feel the effects of the ramp up because it’s constantly balanced for raids.

Edit: not to mention, they don’t even pull more dps than the other specs single target in long fights for some reason despite that literally being their design.

15 Likes

Because the only place voidform is really good is in a long fight. And the price for being good there is being bad in the other 90% of the game. Everyday shadow is the pits until you outgear content and then it’s just ok. It was like this in legion too. Remember the fel imp legion quest when we just had to apply pain 30 times in a row?

It’s just bad design. And they keep nerfing us to average in long fights too.

28 Likes

if only Blizz would listen and understand. I would also add that it’s extremely unsatisfying and unenjoyable.

4 Likes

You know what. blizzard should go the Rogue Combat spec route with Shadow spec since its all about the void now. However they should rename it to something more befitting with their vision of how a priest DPS spec should be felt by the priest community.

The…
Masochism
spec

Its quite fitting with both the old shadow and new as you can just read some of the old talents and spells lol. Then compare it to the feeling you get while playing shadow. It’s supposed to inflict the the opponent in game with such affects, not us lol.

Pain and Suffering
Sin and Punishment
Psychic Horror
Paralysis
Twisted Faith
Dispersion

7 Likes

Oh my God don’t give them ideas we are lowkey going down that route. Every spell we have inflicts damage to us. even our heal damages us. its like the devs are obsessed with seeing priests self-harm.

5 Likes

I don’t hate Voidform. I like general idea of it, but I’m disappointed in Blizzard for not taking steps to make it feel better. I strongly believe Legacy of the Void should just be baseline at this point; it alone makes the entire mechanic feel so much better. I also think we should be able to cast while moving at greatly reduced movement speed during Voidform.

That being said, I’d love it if Devouring Plague returned somehow.

9 Likes

I like void form in theory. It’s a really cool idea.

The problem is that blizzard has struggled patch after patch after patch to get it working and balanced. The result has been a spec based around a mechanic that is held together with tape and glue, that doesn’t even feel rewarding to cast anymore.

The form looks really cool, but I just dont see blizz getting it to work.

3 Likes

I hate it because Devouring Plague. Oh and before I forget, Devouring Plague.

Devouring Plague.

15 Likes

preach…no pun intended.

3 Likes