Why do world quests now only drop level 70 gear from 60 up?

Leveling alts, all of a sudden when i hit 60, wanting to gear up with world quests quick, they now only reward level 70 gear? What’s the point of this? It benefits no one.

3 Likes

Eh?
Surely that’s more useful for you so once you actually ding and item level becomes relevant, you can quickly equip yourself in max level gear and get into dungeons/LFR

Which WQ are those? Unless it changed this week, my alts were offered appropriate level gear from WQ, now, if I were doing the Fyrakk Assault, drops from that were for level 70, but the quests on that event also gave level appropriate gear.

Edit as I’m writing.

I decided to log onto an alt that has not been to Dragon Isles yet, used the portal, opened map, and indeed, some are, not all, rewarding level 70 items.

I would report this in Bug Reports - Edit post - select move to Bug Report.

Level 60 Rogue - reward 398 trinket - requires Level 70, different WQ offering level appropriate is a 350 reward.
Level 70 Rogue is not offered same reward for same WQ, however, a different quest is offering a piece of gear that is 457 at level 70.

Something definitely appears off.

1 Like

Not all. But some do. I think it’s just ones in the dreamsurge zone that can be 70, but I may be mistaken.

To funnel alts to the end game, something about metric “blah blah number of characters at max level.”

I checked my level 60 and there is a WQ in a non-Dreamsurge zone that is being offered gear that requires level 70 and in the Dreamsurge zone they are being offered level 70 rewards and level appropriate gear. No rhyme or reason to it as far as I can tell.

Just want to add, I tend to avoid gear rewards on WQ until I do reach level 70, as I can easily get to level 70 within a WQ reset cycle but the rewards being offered to a level 60 that require level 70 are not even ilevel appropriate imho.

Sure, the ilevel will change once you hit 70, but I would like to think if you are going to put a level restriction on rewards at least make them in line with all other rewards.

2 Likes

its really not, since you have to get to that point first and those gear rewards were REALLY helpful for leveling characters to be able to complete quests WHILE leveling. meanwhile, its not like we don’t have a plethora of account bound gear available for alts who hit lvl 70 already.

moreover - why can’t we pick up the weekly under lvl 70 anymore? WHY this change? who does it help?

Right? I hate this.

1 Like

It’s all the zones, I just looked =(

I think there’s a serious scaling bug at the moment. Waking shores main quest won’t let levelling players past the Dragon customisation quest with restriction saying they need to be level 70.

I’d report it and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was fixed in a few week.