Why do Troll Headhunters say "Vengeance for Zul'jin"

I can’t imagine Zul’jin joining the Horde with the Blood Elves in it, who were still actively battling the Amani.

5 Likes

And I couldn’t see the High elves working with the orc horde, much less the ranger general leading them. I think it’s not so unreasonable for BE and Amani to make peace. Half of silvermoon is free for renovations.

6 Likes

If you want to go with the utilitarian logic, the Alliance and the Horde should be allies too. The bitterness between the Amani and Quel’thalas has even more history than those two factions.

3 Likes

I thought it would’ve been one of the things that made him into a villain, was thinking further back on how to advert the fate.

Yes I agree. I really liked the story parts where they did it, varian and sylvanas working together was like, wow they really did it.

Yeah, but kael was turned into a villain with 0 explanation before we ever got to outland. And then they never even addressed it to the BE until he attacked silvermoon. I think they just wanted identifiable bosses.

4 Likes

No one got done dirtier than Zul’jin. My man deserved better. Screw Kaelthas though.

I think this was in the role playing game it said something like this but since most of the thas been discarded idk.

It also seems weird to say “For Zul’jin!” and NOT be talking bout the huge troll lore character. “Oh no bro, uhh we didn’t mean him, we meant this stupid title that isn’t mentioned anywhere else.”

9 Likes

Zul’jin’s death is one of the most shameful moments of Troll content they’ve ever made. And one of the worst examples of Sacrifice for the PvE Altar to ever hit the game.

The parts of me that are Hardcore Horde and thus loyal to all its races(including BElves) shriek like rent steel whenever I think about Zul’jin or the Amani as a Troll main/fan.

Because of that, every time Budd and his stupid crew appear on screen I’m actually seething with rage. :skull_and_crossbones:Budd​:skull_and_crossbones: My actually most hated character. Even higher than Daelin, Anduin, or Jaina.

9 Likes

The only good thing to come of it was the patch cinematic.

“Dis… was our land”

Legendary. RIP Zul’jin.

10 Likes

During the expansion and with hindsight, I don’t think Xera is meant to have any credibility. If anything, the hamfisting IMO is meant to show how blind the Lightside is since they can only see their one truth.

I don’t like the retcon but you’ve got to admit that was a really weird, nonsensical part of the story. Heck, In Frozen Throne, the blow Arthas deals him is a deathblow of sorts.

1 Like

I don’t mind Zul’jin becoming an antagonist, because Thrall was no fan of forest trolls and their arch-enemies were now part of the Horde.

But instead of actual exploration of their history, the consequences of more recent choices, and a legitimate story… we got Budd Nedreck & Pals. That’s not a logical progression of events that I could live with, that’s just disrespectful.

1 Like

We could have had Forest Trolls…

5 Likes

Behold, his royal spiciness, sir Spud :potato: :potato: :potato:

2 Likes

zul’jin was right. it was troll land. never forget.

3 Likes

lest we forget

1 Like

And through the rift in the shadowlands emerges an ancient thread.

2 Likes

remember what the elves took

For Zul’jin!

2 Likes

You do understand that Zul-jin hated the Horde because of what happened in the Second War? The Horde taking in the Quel-thelans into it didn’t exactly help either.

Yeah, the poster you responded to who no longer plays WoW knows that. He also mentioned Kael’thas, who we all knows was villain-batted. Zul’jin WAS a Horde hero. That wad the point. They made him a villain (despite the fact that his cause was 100% justified) and killed him off. They also sent his soul to Revendreth as a final insult.

The Revantusk are still in the Horde, and the Blood Elves didn’t give them anything in return lol.

4 Likes

Illidan’s story is laughably confusing due to all the retcons, and it’s a shame so many people think he was meant to be an anti-hero.

Don’t get me wrong, TBC did ruin Illidan’s character by making him a generic, irredeemable villain. But this idea of Illidan as a misunderstood anti-hero is an invention of Legion. The character had more nuance than that.

Play Warcraft 3 again. Read the WoW encyclopedia: Illidan was a villain. He eventually sides with the rebels during the War of the Ancients, but his lust for magic was always stronger than his desire to do the right thing. After the Night Elves exile him, he only cares about himself and his new allies. His campaign is literally about him working with Kil’jaeden to kill the Lich King. There was no indication in Warcraft 3 that Illidan was secretly a hero working for the greater good.

Don’t believe me? Just listen to the man!

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I have come to replace you! You’re a relic Magtheridon. The future is mine

Really doesn’t seem like Illidan has the moral high ground here. Seems like he wants to rule in the Legion’s place.

“Hear me now, you trembling mortals: Illidan reigns supreme!”

“I never wanted mastery of this world [Azeroth]. Only the power. Only the magic!”

WC3 Illidan was a magic-obsessed anti-villain who wanted to form his own demonic power-base to rival the Legion, with his army of arcane-addicted rebels, mutants and ne’er-do-wells. Their goal was to master their magic addiction to achieve ultimate power and freedom. His followers were genuinely loyal to him, and Illidan was loyal to them in turn.

TBC Illidan was an incel who got so butthurt by Arthas bullying him that he went insane and got betrayed by half his friends. End of story.

MoP Illidan (in the green fire questline) reverted back to his WC3 interpretation, looking for ways to nullify the magic-addictions of the blood elves, the naga, and his demons.

Legion Illidan was an edgy Jesus figure with an army of Hot Topic heroes. And then they tried to convince us this is always who he was.

3 Likes