Why do they neglect us?

Lots of upcoming class changes listed on wowhead.

Spoilers: Nothing for DK.

14 Likes

Zombies buff xd

11 Likes

I wish you’d stream more, UH content is scarce out there. I’m definitely a fan.

Nothing to stream i just cap from rbgs

4 Likes

Suffer well my friends… Suffer well.

Next week’s blue post "unholy has been overperforming in pvp, -5% damage to all abilities

12 Likes

Yup it’s to be expected

Smile

5 Likes

its actually your fault, they just dont want you to be 4k cr so they make dk a horrible trash scum class

frost dk is rank 2 in raid and does insane damage in m+ cry harder at your broken class after one buff while BM mains got a buff and still rank last. get over yourself.

1. Most of the current complaints are PvP, where DK is in a pretty meh state.

2. Death Knight representation as a whole is low in PvE and PvP. It’s wonderful for all 5 or 10 of whoever those people are in the top end on Mythic, but that’s not changing DK representation. It’s becoming a stale samey class getting passed over for meaningful and necessary QoL changes. No fundamental baseline changes to any of the three specs since Legion and it’s starting to show.

3 Likes

No DK class tuning except blood getting a DPS bump. They really are just going to pretend we don’t exist.

1 Like

If you consider DK PvP one of the largest issues overall is the overall complete failure with the so called PvP Class Talent overhaul that was done as part of Dragonflight

While majority of classes got various PvP talents removed and changed to either be backed in to their baseline abilities, or as an addition to a synergistic aspect of their talent trees. Which in turn then allowed for several new PvP talents that provided a great deal of variety for various PvP playstyle options to that class.

In terms of DK’s and their PvP Talent changes for Dragonflight many of the useless PvP talents remained and in several cases they modified the already bad talents to make them even worse that before. The few perfect examples of talents which they could removed and added to baseline abilities or synergistic talent choices as passive changes or modifications to the ability or talent tree aspect for PvP they ignored and kept the PvP Talent - A clear standout example for this is Abomination which is changes Army of the Dead so it can be used in PvP it’s 100% needed baseline as a modifier on Army of the Dead and a very simple one. Remove Abomination PvP Talent and then change Army of the Dead to be Abomination in PvP instances (Arena, Battlegrounds etc) for all Unholy DK’s baseline.
The PvP Class Talent changes was also supposedly designed to free up and remove the concept of class mandated or required talent choices for those limited three PvP slots…
Did some Dev miss that memo for DK’s? As all three DK’s Spec’s have a PvP talent which is still a must have 100% mandated choice as a PvP Talent; Abomination for UH as I previously mentioned as an example.

This gets further impounded when it’s not just one pvp talent that is required but two which is basically the case for UH DK’s as they require Abomination to be able to use Army of the Dead in PvP but they also must have Necrotic Wounds PvP Talent for the second choice. So as an UH DK in Dragonflight you really only have 1 PvP talent instead of 3 which could be easily fixed by making Abomination and Necrotic Wounds aspects of Baseline abilities when used in PvP instances; removing those concept of those REQUIRED PVP TALENTS which was supposed to be part of the Dragonflight PVP Talent updates…

You know what is biggest slap in the face for DK’s in the current season for Dragonflight? It’s the Tier Set Bonuses when you compare them to all the other classes, every other class doesn’t have to worry about their PvP Talent choices to actually enable the set bonuses to work in PvP, nor do they have to take specific talent choices to gain access to the tier sets full bonuses. The same can’t be said for DK’s and especially UH DK’s as they need to take the PvP Talent Abomination to enable the Army of the Dead aspect of the 4 set bonus. While additionally the two set bonus works with Death Coil and Epidemic, however only Death Coil is baseline Epidemic on the other hand requires a specific talent tree choice to obtain it an an ability. So UH DK basically requires a specific PvP Talent and a Specific Talent Tree choice to effectively make their Season 2 TIer Set Viable in PvP… Once again which Dev failed to understand the basic significance of that simple but clearly poor design aspect…

4 Likes

Anyone can do insane damage as any class. It’s nothing special.

But at least BM has 10x as much parses than Frost does. There is a reason why Frost DK isn’t really popular right now.

Sure Frost DK is numerically popping off in raids and M+ in terms of damage, but that’s not going to last long.

Absolutely disgusted by the DK dev team. It’s insane that they can’t come up with anything of value for this long.

As if Shadowlands wasn’t big enough of a joke.

11 Likes

My bad… i’ll stop playing :frowning:

8 Likes

Probably a good idea for all dks to stop qing. Its clearly what blizz wants.

7 Likes

Just make builds for us pls <3

So I looked at this PvP changes - Class Tuning Incoming – June 6

In particular it was one thing that was mentioned as part of one of the Developers Notes for another class that I actually had to read again just to take in what the developers were saying about this class and a particular element of that class in terms of PvP.

It was a particular section under the Balance Druids and what leapt of the page to me and probably any other DK player is this particular sentence

Finally, Owlkin Adept has been a locked-in talent for a while now and has been propping up their control a bit more than we’re comfortable with.

SERIOUSLY? A Locked-in PvP Talent for a while now!! Clearly not a single Developer has looked at DK PvP Talents for A so called Locked-in PvP Talent because DK’s have had this so called Locked-in talent issue for a whole lot longer that is preventing any alternative options whatsoever… this is honestly just stupefyingly crazy and irrational on so many levels.

Here’s the full part of that section for context

Druid

• Balance
  • *Developers’ notes: Balance Druids have been overperforming due to their ability to generate so much Astral Power and deal high damage by applying dots and casting Starfall repeatedly. We’d like to reduce the effectiveness of that playstyle since it’s difficult for opponents to stop. Goldrinn’s Fang also became much more effective in Embers of Neltharion, and includes some randomness and ability to score kills unexpectedly. Finally, Owlkin Adept has been a locked-in talent for a while now and has been propping up their control a bit more than we’re comfortable with.
  • Moonfire and Sunfire generate 4 Astral Power when cast in PvP combat (was 6).
  • Stellar Innervation increases Astral Power generation of Moonfire and Sunfire by 50% in PvP combat (was 100%).
  • Star Burst grants 8 Astral Power (was 15).
  • Owlkin Adept reduces the cast time of Cyclone and Entanglng Roots by 20% (was 30%).
  • Goldrinn’s Fang damage is reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
  • Wrath and Starfire deal 60% increased damage in PvP combat (was 50%).*
5 Likes

As an old school dk who doesnt come on the forums much or play the class any more. They ignore us bc there is no noise from the community.

I replied to a few threads yesterday and there have been 1 or 2 replies.

On top of that half of the threads that have good ideas get shot down by brainiacs who argue that our class is fine. Shame what has happened to the first hero class.

3 Likes

Lol
Number two in raid
300 frost parses
A million unholy parses

1 Like