Why do players rely on Macros instead of skill?

I see so many players relying on macros as if they are necessary to play their class. But they are not. They are just a way to skip a bunch of steps to make things faster and easier, without relying on timing and skill.

I like knowing what I am pressing. Having macros makes everything feel so cheap. I’ll never understand why people use macros instead of just learning to play correctly.

Other than making buttons hit multiple abilities with one press, what are the other reasons to use macros?

I want to use them but I feel like I’m using cheat codes and feel dirty or something. I don’t want shortcuts but it seems like everyone uses them.

I love macro users. They blow everything all at once and you kite them till everything drops, then they emote you knowing they lost.

they created a macro and saw big numbers on baddies that back pedal and think they are gods until they meet someone that knows how to either live lord or negate their idiocy in pvp.

I say use whatever makes this game the most interesting and fun for you.

Totally understand this but let’s face it, ED hasn’t been known for PvP of any kind since at least 4 maybe 5 xpacs ago. I mean Blizz had no trouble making Emerald Dream an RP realm. Lol.