Why do players like WoD so much?

Honestly, the reason for the appreciation of WoD by some players is the introduction of more solo content. Solo content isn’t inherently bad—everyone has their preferred playstyle. The issue arose when the focus shifted too much towards solo play, leading to a neglect of guilds, which were left behind for years. I recently made a post addressing this concern:

"To all of us who treasure the camaraderie, adventure, and shared goals that only guilds can provide, let’s make our voices heard! Guilds have always been the heart of the community in World of Warcraft, creating memories and friendships that last a lifetime. If you’ve ever experienced the thrill of running a dungeon with your guild, participating in epic guild events, or simply enjoying the social aspect that only a guild can offer, you know how crucial these experiences are to making WoW feel like home.

Let’s make our voices heard and bring back the glory of guilds in World of Warcraft. Revitalizing Guilds in World of Warcraft"

Also, it’s important to remember that "nothing should be removed or excluded just because someone doesn’t enjoy participating in that type of content. Players engage in many different kinds of content, and having more options and variety is always beneficial. We even have special rewards for those who enjoy pet battles.

What people are really getting at is, ‘I don’t like it, so I don’t want something I don’t enjoy standing between me and a reward I want.’ However, anyone could say the same about something you enjoy. If you don’t like guild content, simply don’t engage with it—don’t join a guild, reward or not. I don’t enjoy Hardcore PvP, but I still want the cool PvP mounts. While I might be out of luck, that’s okay. Let those who enjoy it have something to show for it."

1 Like