Why do players insist on making changes?

Care to define what you mean by changes? Are we talking about the seals being replicated to both factions paladins? Are we talking about honor gain changes? Are we talking about heroic and raid difficulty changes? Are we talking about something else entirely?

What about people that want server mergers? Is that a “change” that falls under this post? This is a very non-descriptive post that makes it hard to engage with.

3 Likes

Because I can also ask them to implement it right now, if they are going to implement it anyways. I mean, the daily hero quest was implemented at the end of TBC but they decided to implement it already from the beginning this time.

Arena teams usually started with 1500 rating, but they decided to make it 0 rating this time. A decision that was originally made during MoP? Or even WoD?

So as I have said: they already left the path of the original “history”, so why not add some more things if people want them to have and they don’t harm the others…

1 Like

Most of us have foresight but still want TBC to remain as authentic as possible, those who want changes miss the point of Classic.

4 Likes

It’s no different from tourists going to a foreign country then only wanting to eat McDonalds because it’s convenient and all they know, rather than embracing unique experiences on offer.

3 Likes

Across the board.

Maybe, and hear me out on this.

Maybe I don’t want to “go” anywhere but old TBC. I came back to play…TBC. Not a mix up of everything from later expansions that “made the game better”.

Because it didn’t make the game better.

7 Likes

Where does it end? How much qol features do you want in a recreation? Enough till your satisfied? What if it doesn’t satisfy other players who want more?

1 Like

That got no more specific at all. Do you understand the definition of specific?

Yes, I do.

Any change asked that isn’t authentic to TBC.

If you can’t wrap your head around this, I can’t help you.

/thread

Is there some universal law that says every game ever created is perfect?

Oh, there isn’t. Well, then, you can see why people would want to make changes. Players abuse game mechanics. Players play the game in ways that ruin the fun for other players. These are things that should be corrected.

Sorry to hear that, as I further elaborated in the post you quoted… there is no static position of TBC, it exists on a continuum, the snapshots in your head are only a tiny slice and no matter what you probably wont be happy as the movements of TBC never exactly align to what you are trying to relive.

So if I say, asked for battlegroups to be created for different servers based on active PVP populations, then you’d be for that change?

Why push for changes in a recreation that other players specifically play for?

Push for change in retail or play retail if it has the qol features you want or ask retail to bring back features of tbc like class design and what not.

1 Like

Wish I could like this thread more than once.

It’s a rerelease of the original game, can people get this through their heads already?

6 Likes

Don’t believe the playerbase is large enough for multiple battlegroups, it wouldn’t help your queue time as Horde either.

When blizzard decides the changes do not align to the goal of making the game better, all we do is give feedback, they implement… its an art not a science, how much salt is the right amount of salt Player 1:“oh no there is too much salt” Player 2 “what are you talking about its great”.

Personally, I would not be against dual spec, cross server instancing, a wrath of the lich king style dungeon finder for non-heroic dungeons (that port you back to shatt like the bg warmasters) and an LFG tool (like for mythics/Mythic+) for heroics and group quests.

I would also not mind a few class changes like allowing druids to use items\racials in shapeshift forms or “polish” orientated changes that do not homogenise to the wrath extent… that said I think wrath was wow at its peak (the end of the legion expansion being a close second).

You will literally never satisfy “other players”, some one will always want more (or less). In our capitalist society the metric for determining what is better/more successful is what makes more money… what do the most amount of people enjoy and will pay for (and that is NOT a simple answer).

1 Like

Right, easiest solution is to leave the game as is for players who want to play it as is who specifically play it because it’s as is.

Not a hub for changes or to be made subjectively “better.”

2 Likes

The point of TBC Classic is to play TBC Classic not to improve on the game or make any changes to it. Really really struggling with the thought process here.

4 Likes

But that’s not what I asked. What I asked was, would you be ok with battlegroups since that was something that existed in the past. It would be a change to recreate TBC era BGs. And you sidestepped it. So which is it. Do you disagree with people asking for changes because the changes weren’t in the game before, or do you not like them asking for changes because you don’t want them to change something you currently like?

I wouldn’t mind it, would probably just be one battlegroup consisting of all PvP servers and PvE getting their own as well.