Why do people pay for gear on TBC servers

That will be wiped in 2 months? No one will care if you have good TBC gear at 80.

Why do anything? You will eventually pass away

3 Likes

I mean, everyone has different agenda.

Still good to have some decent gear to speed up leveling.
The better gear you have, the longer it last, the faster you will level in Wrath.

Like, Tier 6 & SWP gear won’t get replaced until level 76-77. Some SWP pieces are, in fact, better than Wrath pre-raid BIS due to sockets. Sure, you get less stamina/intellect as a caster (and less spell crit), but all the sockets & bonuses make up for that.

Boosted characters, as of beta, will start with D3 set, which is actually great and is much much stronger than TBC Communal boosted gear.

Even leveling TBC greens are decent enough to tackle Northrend, with a few blues. But it just makes it easier to be decked out.

Sunwell gear is better than lvl 80 pre raid best in slot gear paired with wotlk sockets as the poster above already said. You can skip the whole prebis phase / are prebis no matter what even if not all of the blues drop first week before naxx.

It isn’t better than pre raid.

Its on par for the most part apart from stamina / int / secondary stats. Mainstat is actually higher.

I’m doing mage and hunter for main and split toon, none of the sunwell gear is on any pre raid bis list for those 2 classes.

I can’t speak on others.

Even my Thoridal gets replaced at 77

Well yeah I guess it has SOME value, but it sure ain’t a few hundred bucks or whatever gold buyers pay for full Sunwell gear.

I am speaking of moonkin paired with kj staff (3 sockets). The spellpower is higher than preraid blues lvl 80 due to sockets from wrath and the haste is only slightly lower, crit non existant and stam/int lower, but I can live with that.

sunwell shoulders are prebis for a lot of classes

Because tbc is filled with dad’s who don’t have time to raid or are in garbage guilds. TBC is filled with lazy people too.

Here’s boomie prebis.

Isn’t KJ staff a healing weapon?

lmao warcrafttavern is the most untrustworthy site on the internet

Well it does not really matter whats prebis. Maybe I worded wrong as I meant that certain items and mainstat are simply way higher at lvl 70 with sunwell gear than preraid bis, but suffers secondary stats.

It may even out in dps or is a bit lower but its def. worthwhile having.

Yes I am a healer but it converts to spellpower on beta and I got moonkin offspec gear. The staff is very broken with new stats in wotlk.

Sunwell gear is very good, it just ain’t as good as pre raid

it really just depends on the slot and how many gem slots the item has

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.