Why do people hate on fury warrior?

They are getting another immunity in patch 9.1.

Yeah, that vengeful retreat pvp talent is looking so good, especially for wpvp. Can’t count number of times I died trying to escape from people. Now I can vengeful retreat off a cliff and glide down while taking 75% less damage and immune to cc.

1 Like

You just defined Arms…

1 Like

arms spends its own absurdly short defensive cds, for one

there are other reasons you’re not right but the point isn’t to defend the indisputably best dps spec in the game, i just wanted to explain to people who wanted to learn(not you, seemingly) why smart people want fury to stay bad

1 Like

Sustainable damage, stat stick spec. If its viable, its oppressive.
BDK suffers from the same structure.

Defensive Stance should be remove, right?

They need to make it so either Rampage or Bloodthirst apply an Anti-Healing Effect that is weaker than Mortal Strike’s Effect. The reason it should be weaker is because of the AOE factor that comes with Whirlwind. But even 5-20% healing reduction would help very, much. Currently, a Fury warrior with 28% versatility literally can’t kill a balance druid with 28% versaility unless the balance druid goes afk. Bear form is way too tanky and the Druid easily outheals any burst. Not to mention that Starsurge crits for 3x the amount that any single Fury Ability can hit for.

Also I feel like Single Minded Fury needs a minor buff to damage. I was looking at a damage meter with my 207 1h weapons vs my 197 2h weapons attacking a target dummy for 5 minutes. The dps was about the same. I think the bonus dmg from Single Minded Fury should be increased from 12% to 16%.

No the penalty should be worse to promote more frequent stance dancing

1 Like

Because with the current design of Fury Warrior the only way it becomes good is it’s an extremely braindead and unhealthy spec for the game.

The reason people hate Fury Warrior is the same reason why people still hate DH even thought they’re garbage too. It’s because when said spec is good (yes I know Fury has been only good in like 1-2 seasons) the game is usually really bad.

They are PvE specs that require next to no brain power to pilot so if they’re meta, see BFA DH, then the game is not fun.

Yeah basically this.

Since everybody keeps saying “bfa” demon hunter, I’m assuming they fixed it since no one is saying “sl” demon hunter. If they fixed demon hunter I still don’t see why they can’t fix fury. Saying things like “its braindead when buffed” just means it needs to be reworked. I’m starting to think people are afraid of having to learn 40 different specs instead of the usual 10 in arena. People are scared of having another challenge to face.

1 Like

They fixed bfa DH by dumpstering it down to SL Fury Warr level. But gave it a 1 shot as a compromise lul

1 Like

I keep this “fury is a brain dead spec” and I don’t see how it’s different than other specs.

Is ret not brain dead because it can bubble, stun, super burst people down and insta heal with wog?

Is arms not brain dead because it can ignore pain, spam condemn, die by the sword to basically ignore melee for 10 seconds?

I don’t see why this is a brain dead spec and others are not. You have ignore pain but you have to actually think when using it because it takes so much rage to use the darned thing. You have a stun, your defensive requires you to try to stay on target or you get barely anything out of it.

Is it the idea that you need to hit the enemy to get any healing from enraged regen that makes it a “brain dead” spec? To me, it seems awfully similar to other melee dps.

1 Like

People want to secure there skill with the current meta and are afraid of having to deal with more specs.

1 Like

Where did I say Ret wasn’t brain-dead?

Codemn Arms warrior is toxic af I’m not going to disagree with you there. But if you don’t think Arms has a higher skill ceiling than Fury then I don’t know what to say to you.

No one said other’s are not? I’m not sure why you’re getting defensive and assuming all these things I haven’t once stated?

Fury Warrior is a high uptime, high self-sustain, high consistent damage spec that is a stat stick just like DH is. Now that they are getting a MS one of their largest weaknesses is now disappearing. Oh and on top of that it’s a 60% MS, what a great design!

Fury Warriors are equivalent to DHs, when they are A tier or above the game is awful.

Except fury doesn’t have to be equivalent to DH’s. Stop being a scrub Carrlo.

High self sustain? Using the talent to get 3% up every few seconds after 2 raging blows on the same target, using bloodthirst on near cd, ignore pain when I can, enraged regen hitting 2 bt in the window produces LESS healing than mage absorbs and every other hybrid.

I feel like your ideas of fury are skewed to a few expansions in the past and not current design after nerfs to blood thirst this expansion.

With my 36k up 207 ilvl, bt heals for 1060 plus the other talent I spoke about is 1060 every few seconds. During enraged regen BT heals for 8200 (can do twice, 3 min cd btw). This is nowhere near “high sustain” compared to others.

1 Like

high self sustain ? They got massively nerfed in pre patch bro they have 1 def cd that make them top themself like an enhance can with 1 cast ( and they need to do atleast 2 bloodthirst , which is hard sometimes and their healing is inferior to arms half the time ( from my experience playing with fury AND arms vs arms in 2s and 3s )

i say half the time cause their healing done ( detail value ) is similar most match

I used to play 6 toons in legion , and tbh, most melee spec ( and even range like ele, sp ) have around 4 ( just a numbers who cares ) buttons rotation + their cc’s… Fury isnt different from arms to say the least

Fury not having much stuff just give them ( fear, bolt, intervene ) even more value imo, which makes it harder to play maybe ? idk, ngl 60% ms seems high but they replaced their best offensive pvp talent with it.

1 Like