Why do guys do this?

Women don’t exist on internets.

1 Like

Grow up.

10/char

You women are clueless. That’s the world we live in

Most men are thinking of one thing and think of it quite often…

And now I have to hurry and finish type this before my wife sees me…

6 Likes

Because some of us, are stupid horrible people. Not all, but some of us.

I don’t think it’s a one sided thing with gender. I think both male/female/trans can have feelings towards someone, and I do think it helps the forum if try and keep things as gender neutral as possible. I mean I do admit I’m in the camp that believes generally men are more likely to have romantic feelings towards the female then the other way around. Of course I accept that this is a generalization, it can sometimes go the other way, it depends on the individuals involved.

I will be honest, I am actually quite an impatient person, that I want to know as much about a person as possible before I actually would consider dating them these days, I want to know not only whether or not they have a great personality, whether or not they are into me, but also if I do date them what kind of environment I’d be getting myself into. Because those are the main three things that matter. There’s a few friends I have now that I want to know what’s going on with them, what their feelings are towards me etc. I often ask myself, at what point do I feel that it’s clear that its not going anywhere and just withdraw?

Problem is it can create an awkward situation for people. See most people aren’t actually stupid, they just act stupid, as it’s easier to get by in this world pretending to be dumber then you actually are. The option is that they have that conversation and sort out whether you are just friends or whether there is something more there or not, but that can be a difficult situation to be in, as you will take the risk of being ditched if you just want a friendship, but they want something more from you. I admit I’ve got at least one person in my life where I am unsure whether or not there is anything there beyond a mere friendship. I have considered asking them outright, so if the answer is the negative I can just wish them well in life and be done with it.

But at the same time, I know you can’t devalue all friendship, for me the ex’s in particular that I have stayed friends with, have done the following things; volunteered to be references on work resumes and housing applications, supported me with medical supplies through the covid-19 crisis, that kind of thing. I am not saying of course that you should have to BUY someone’s friendship, and you should absolutely reciprocate to someone’s kind deeds towards you if you can, but I think it is true the little things you do for someone to show you care about them as a person even if you aren’t romantically into them, well that all does add up in my opinion. As I said, if you want a friendship with someone, it’s up to you to BE a friend. If they reject that, then don’t shame them or go off at them as you know in your own heart/mind that you were willing to do everything you could for them, and that in itself should be your reward regardless of whether they accept/reject you.

I mean I know that last paragraph is harsh, but I think there will always be an element of ‘what’s in it for me?’ as ask yourself, would you accept a friendship where someone is pressuring you, telling you what you should/shouldn’t be doing, or would you choose a friendship where someone is going to support you however they can through the tougher challenges of life?

Also if you already have enough of a strong friendship network, of people that are there for you with for the kind of thing I mentioned in the paragraph above, what do you really need 100+ more friends for anyway? If that’s your situation and the only thing you are lacking is a romantic partner, then there’s literally no point looking for anything else, so cut the BS with people, be open about what you want to save everyone’s time.

Think about it.

My what an antiquated notion you have there.

No one said men can’t be friends with women. In fact what would make a man and woman great friends are also the things that would lead them to being a couple or at the very least giving it a shot. What they don’t usually do is stay in the friend zone with women. That’s just the way it is.

A man that want’s a relationship will find a woman he can have as his best friend and let her into his life. What he doesn’t want is a woman that is going to call him and talk his ear off forever about how her boyfriend is and their problems, her personal problems or to sit around and joke about sex like he would with the guys.

When a man see’s a woman he sizes her up as a mate almost immediately and then everything else follows, that’s just the way it is. He then either wants to get with her or he doesn’t care much and moves along. Guy’s that are interested will find out if the woman is free and move accordingly, certain guys will hang around waiting for a chance…but that is all he is mostly around for sex or a relationship.

What a guy DOESN’T want is drama. Guys with friends that are girls can and usually do have troubles because of what i said at the beginning of the fact that things that would make them friends in the first place are also the same thing that would lead them to want to have a relationship or to be friends with benefits. Other women know this, or at least they should.

Most guys have their bro friends for hanging out laughing and having fun and talking about women. Girls generally don’t play well together, especially when they are competing for a man’s attention whether they are friends/girlfriends/fiance’s or just friends with benefits. Best for the dude to just have one woman in his life and leave drama alone.

Glad you figured this out, good luck with that.

5 Likes

Learn to take a obvious joke 10/char. Seriously.

1 Like

I’ve met people in game and been having a great old conversation about random things and then all of a sudden they’ll inject their sex and relationship status into the mix and it’s actually a bit of a conversation killer. I’m a warlock and you’re a druid, why did that other stuff even have to enter the discussion?

2 Likes

because thats why they were talking to you in the first place.

2 Likes

I think the real question is does viewing another person as some kind of object make you a misogynist or whatever else??

Or can someone that sees another person in a certain way, but also completely respect ones mind, character, and everything else non-sexual about them?

It’s not about viewing them as an object, it is about viewing them as attractive or not.

There is after all a reason that women work so hard to make the most of their looks. While they don’t want to be viewed as objects, they DO WANT to be viewed as pretty and good looking.

Anything is possible, but that is not my experience for heterosexual males at least, i have gay friends that enjoy women’s company to men but the dynamic is totally different. For the reasons i said before, the things that would make people of the opposite sex be friends are also the things that will turn them on, like a sharp mind or a nice attitude, good morals, making one another laugh etc. etc. etc… Looks are just a starter but even looks can be mediocre while everything else is amazing and that can turn one or the other on or both.

Found the simp

I’m a man. My main is a female human warrior. I’ve been in guilds with lots of women, never an issue. Of course, these guilds were end game progression guilds were everyone was mature and there for the team play.

I’ve also been in smaller “friendly leveling” guilds, 99% young “guys” and its incredibly entertaining to witness them squirm like snakes to the sound of a “girls voice” while in the “guys” video game world lol.

My advice is just play the game.

So where the thicc Wow girls at?

1 Like

All playing phat Kul Tiran men clearly.

1 Like