Why do GD "casuals" lump all other "casuals" together?

I don’t know. Especially because everybody has their own definition/interpretation.

Real casuals likely don’t even know that the saber cat exists.

People do this all the time. They like to believe that their small problem affects the entire world.

1 Like

They don’t. They’re talking about themselves and the group of casuals they fit into.

You do you. But not everyone is you, either. :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

The change affects casual players more than it affects hardcore players. Is everyone who calls themself casual an LFR-only raider? No. Are LFR-only raiders more likely to call themselves casuals? Yes. This change is anti-casual, or at least negative to large section of casuals.

2 Likes

i kinda feel like most casuals that actually care about getting it will be able to tho? and if they dont feel like it, why would they be mad about it?

1 Like

maybe, i just read this thread though

Excluding the Slime Cat from LFR is not Okay - Community / WoW Community Council - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

from a community council gold text person and it definitely seemed like they were talking about all casuals lol

1 Like

Many LFR-raiders disagree. There are lots of reasons why they don’t do notmal or higher. It could be a lack of time, social anxiety, etc.

1 Like

i havent really noticed lfr taking any less time than normal in my time doing both. the queues and speed of bosses is usally really slow in lfr compared to normal if u can get into an ok group which is pretty easy as long as you’ve done some stuff to get gear.

but like if u barely have time to do that how do u have time to be mad about a mount?

idk i feel like the casual players i play with and myself are reading all this and kinda just like “huh” when it feels like people are trying to “speak for us” but like we dont really care lol

1 Like

No, it specifically points out certain threads and then says:

And many more, including on the EU forums

That’s going off of people here that posted threads and their views, along with EU threads that posted their views.

It’s about those people. Not literally every person.

Have a different viewpoint. That’s fine. But no one is speaking for you.

1 Like

So forums were good at the start. Then the trolls came in to troll you he population that engages in actual discussion. Eventually the looking to get outraged people came to feed the trolls. The sensible people left and now you just have trolls and fake outrage people forming a cycle where both are happy.

It’s a balanced ecosystem

Stop treating Casual Players like we don’t matter. Casual players, as I’m sure you know, are the backbone for this game.

kinda definitely feels like they’re trying to speak for me? like, they arent specifying what casuals. just… all casuals. and idk they dont represent me

i dont think i feel like i matter less over this change. i also dont know what the mount has to do with the backbone of the game.

We know you know this because when you made anti-casual changes at the start of MoP, you lost one of the biggest loss of subscribers you’ve ever had and scrambled to try to get people back, and never did. (To note, MoP started with over 10 mil subs and by the end they were at 6.8) And despite popular belief, it was not infact from Siege of Orgrimmar:

thought this was kinda weird too cuz it seems weird to blame the sub loss on that. i didnt think mop was anti casual i had a bunch of fun in mop

anyway i dont wanna argue i just wanted to post my thoughts

1 Like

Because “casual” is just a meaningless buzzword around here, and by far it’s primary usage is just to cry victim at whatever the current hot outrage is.

also why are people with like 10k+ forum replies being the ones to try and represent casuals in every thread?

if u got that many forum posts ur not casual bro!! lmao thats dedication, could be a world first raider with that muich time

1 Like

no need to argue, you’re very much correct here.

Nah man, you don’t understand. I might play 55+ hours a week, and live on the forums like a part time job, but because I spend that play time all on pet battles that makes me casual.

1 Like

Everyone has their own definition of “casual”. According to my definition, anyone who does heroic AND mythic raiding “all the time” and has a really high io is not a casual.

1 Like

lol i didnt mean they do it all the time as in like, one person does it all the time

i mean in general that content is being done by casuals all the time. meaning its common for a casual player to do it

sorry bad wording.

Doesn’t matter to me . I hate everyone equally :rage:

I’m not understanding your definition of “all the time” in this context. It seems unnecessarily vague. How do you define a “casual”, and what percentage of those are raiding mythic?

I don’t count mythic raiders as “casuals”, even if they raid log and don’t do anything else in the game.

1 Like

idk i think a casual is just someone who plays for fun, doesnt have unlimited time to grind/raid on a big schedule/etc. if current content sucks we just go back to legacy farming or whatever, get some tmog, mess around.

but doing some mythic bosses in a pug only takes a couple hrs a week if that. not sure why ppl think thats hard for a casual player to do?

like why is someone who posts on the forum 10,000 times and grinds mounts on 12 characters casual but someone who raids 3 hours a week in heroic or mythic in pugs not?

1 Like