Why do classic players say, “retail failed.”

You are ignoring to address the facts.

Where is this magical discount?

1 Like

No you don’t understand financials. Cause the 2 things you are mentioning has nothing to do with the discount price :rofl:

Microsoft saved billions of dollars because they negotiated a discount due to Activision having a collapse in 2021. (fact) The discount has nothing to do with the high of the stock. (fact) I’m literally laughing so hard right now my sides hurt.

If Activision didn’t crash in 2021 and it wasn’t failing they could of either told Microsoft to piss off when they wanted to buy them or set an acquisition price for 130$ a share or more. (This is called a premium in financial terms) Then Microsoft stock would of gone down a lot for paying for a premium instead of discount.

Microsoft didn’t have to pay for a PREMIUM because Activision collapsed so they bought them at DISCOUNT!

I’d suggest that maybe you start watching some financial news and try to understand how acquisitions work. Then to take this stance that you do when being completely oblivious on the topic just shows everything wrong with society today.

Now it’s been explained. I’m sure you will try to come up with some way where you aren’t wrong but no matter what you say it won’t change that. It’s really is okay to be wrong but there is no reason to be so stubborn about it. No one wins.

Time for me to heat up that ignore button. It’s like trying to teach Physics to Kindergarten. It doesn’t work.

So your basing your argument on the theoretical growth of a company? That’s a pretty weak argument all companies go up/down. They sold at 95$ not taking any discount, they made money at the time of sale by selling their company.

1 Like

No, what are you even saying. Is this what you took from what I said? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have a better chance of the wall understanding these facts then you do. Just read a book or something.

It was a massive discount though. I already explained how it works. You don’t understand financials /ignored.

Seriously I don’t mind having a discussion but you can’t be this far off from understanding how it works. I suggest reading a lot more seriously. You can start following some financial influencers, watch CNBC everyday. It’s good to do anyways.

Nothing I said is theoretical. It’s all derived from historical facts. Microsoft saved Billions by buying up Activision on discount.

I just really hate when people try to argue on something they have no understanding of but guess that’s the internet.

I’d love to buy a business or negotiate financials with you since I’d literally buy everything from you for a Discount price. You have no idea how it works and hope you have someone helping you out in this area.

/Close Thread Solutions have been Provided.

This is theoretical. There is no way to know what their stock would be without a crash. You are saying I don’t understand, but buying a discount means they bought for less than the company was worth which isn’t what happened. They bought if for almost the exact value of the company at the time of making that deal.

If they paid more you are correct that would be a premium, but that’s not even the point.

Also for someone who doesn’t mind discussions

This is like the most anti discussion sentence I’ve seen and you’ve used it on over half your posts.

The idea the game was never going to lose players is one of the most brain dead things I have ever heard, so on point for classic andrews.

People can stop playing a game and not think somethings wrong with it. I’ve taken many breaks over the years playing wow and video games in general.

It’s insane to think players were going to play forever. All things considered wow is doing better now then it has in years. But sure, its a “failure” lol

1 Like

Of course they weren’t, what blizzard’s changes have failed to do is bring in new players to replace those who have left.

The point is you’re making it seem like losing subs should be expected (which is correct). You’re, however, glossing over how dramatic the loss was. Especially when considered the timeframe in which it happened.

How could you even possibly claim this lol. Lets take the opposite approach, without the changes made the game would be no longer around. Now what?

Which you guys want to blame on things you simply dont like. It’s wild.

Because they’ve made changes that have directly cost them millions of customers.

Without those changes they would be at a higher sub count than today.

Oh boy, you’re living in the land of rainbows and wishes, and you’d waste it how popular WoW would be?

There’s a lot more factors than Blizz screwing up WoW…which they did.

For example, what other mmos were there before WoW? It was a very niche genre. Not very accessible to the masses. WoW changed all that and then some years later you started seeing the so-called WoW clones. None of them had the polish and essentially missed the true reason WoW was so successful. But little by little they chip away at WoW’s playerbase. Cumulatively it’s a lot of players leaving for other mmos.

People grow up. People move on. WoW is about the least new player friendly mmo I can think of. It’s an overly complicated, convoluted mess with a completely disjointed world and story. I find Retail utterly overwhelming, and I played since Vanilla. Imagine what a brand new player must think.

Anyway, 2023 Blizz is mostly concerned with milking whales. The quality of the game means little. ‘Fun’ is not something they’re interested in. It’s all about micro-transactions, cash shop, tricking players into lengthy subs with goodies. Stuff like that. Sales and marketing run WoW now.

2 Likes

What changes should wow have made to combat the rise of social media?

Providing a fun game :slight_smile:

Dragonflight is literally the best WoW expansion I have played. Leveling is great, talent trees are great, raids are great, no weekly grind, just come on and play the content you want to play. Want to do heroic raid? No need to grind AP or shadowlands renown. It’s miles ahead of classic in terms of gameplay and has tons of activity.

3 Likes

U think wow has streaming views??? Who watches wow???

Thats what they hate imo
They hate not camping in one spot for 6 weeks to get a mount to flex on in the city. They are mad you dont have to daily heroic every day or lose your spot.

But some of them are chasing 3pm on a spring day so close to summer you can taste it, moms just put some pizza rolls in, and your 2 best wow friends are online as you log in.

But that ships sailed

This comment is the player i dont understand. Not that you wrong or your point is invalid. But im a skip the cutscene gamer. Wild how for me i never notice things like broken story or the world breaking as you travel through expansions, but for another player this could legit be game ruining.

My current df sucks complaint is how broken they made frost dk in pvp. Came back for that and now i play a holy hammer thrower cause thats what bliz wants… but one day ill be back to fdk