Why Dishonorable Kills failed at their intended purpose

Did it? Because from what I’ve read and seen it killed city world pvp… there’s literally no reason for DHK’s, grievers gonna grief. That bright red number tracker is just a challenge to see how many they can get if anything…

2 Likes

Honor based world PVP without DHKs lasted 43 days out of 758 days of Vanilla. People don’t have such razor focussed memories that they can remember a 43 day golden age from 15 years ago… as the norm.

World PVP and City Raids happened constantly despite DHKs. Maybe a little less than they might otherwise have, or without the most hard core rankers, but they still happened plenty in the 80% of Vanilla that had DHKs.

Its a change to Vanilla that Vanilla never experienced, and the goal is a 1.12 in 2006, with all the “World PVP destroying” DHKs that it had.

This dude is pathetic.

2 Likes

Why are people still engaging him? If they actually had the ignore option on the forums again, he’d be talking to himself at this point.

2 Likes

Yep, you’re bully and a troll as per the AV 1.5 thread.

Unfortunately, as per what they’ve disclosed so far, we won’t be getting even an authentic DHK experience. DHKs are launching in tandem with the honor system, so there won’t be those two glory months of ultimate battle + honor gained from the many player kills that will be had.

This makes me a bit grumpy.

Bump for visibility.

DHKs should at least be changed, if not removed. They have no positive impact for anybody in their current form. If this isn’t changed I’m worried by Phase 2, city raids and organized group pvp will become more and more scarce. Battles like Southshore & Tarren Mill are probably the most vanilla thing I can think of, lets encourage things like this instead of punishing people for it.

1 Like

Severe lag existed back then, let’s keep that too. It was in Vanilla, right?

1 Like

I’d be down for either removal of DHK’s (which won’t happen), or changing of DHK’s so only the people that directly participated in killing the civilian get the DHK credit i.e only 2 people in raid contributed damage to a civilian, so only those 2 people would get a DHK. (which also probably won’t happen)

2 Likes

We know what they were … they WERE in patch 1.12 which is what we are getting. Stop trying to customize it to your idea of what it should be. If you’re going to try to customize it then maybe Classic isn’t for you. Pservers await you!!

Then Naxx, D2 set, AV and everything else that was in 1.12 should be in as well at launch. :roll_eyes:

We did not ask for 1.12. We asked for vanilla.

3 Likes

1.12 is vanilla. Which we are getting. It is just being phased in

It’s like, you’re immune to facts.

Do you not understand that you’re wrong? Or do you and you’re just a bad person?

I have to agree with the OP, I haven’t really seen any argument in this thread against leaving out DHKs that goes beyond misinformation, or trying to be combative for seemingly no reason. They were really just an annoyance that led to trolling, guys. That’s it. They didn’t deter ganking, they didn’t even deter killing low level NPCs. The sole thing they did in practice was make high (very high) rank players sit out of city raids.

3 Likes

Except… you know… Its 1.12 meta.

There hasn’t been a strong argument to change the 1.12 meta and remove DHKs yet.

Classic WoW is a ‘Frankenstein’ already. It is not the game as it was at 1.12, as seems to be a popular misconception. 1.12 is the basis for the client. Dire Maul was added in patch 1.3 and will not be in Classic on release, for one glaring example. What part of the 1.12 meta is that?

1 Like

If your argument was that DHKs should be absent in CP2, and added in CP3…

I would totally be there with you. But since it’s not, I’m not.

When CP6 releases, the game will be at 1.12. At which point, not having DHKs would be a variation. Dire Maul was in 1.12 and will be there in CP6.

I don’t really agree. You’re fine with Blizzard making changes to the meta counter-clockwise, but not the other way around? I would say changes are changes unilaterally.

No, DHKs were introduced in Patch 1.5 which coincides with Content Patch 3. The Honor system was introduced in Patch 1.4 which coincides with Content Patch 2.

Therefore to match the Vanilla meta, DHKs should be introduced in Content Patch 3 and be absent in Content Patch 2. There was no Honor system OR DHKs in Content Patch 1 already.

Not sure how you read that as “counter-clockwise”.

1 Like

One of the things I find so aggravating about the constant debates between people asking for changes and the #nochange brigade, is the lack of coherent understanding as to what made the experience what it was, back in the day.

I keep calling it “the spirit of vanilla”, and in this case, it is very much the horde and the alliance murdering each other in towns. This experience was what formed the image of world pvp in people’s minds, and it’s what most of us look back fondly on when we consider our pvp moments.

The worst argument, and one I keep seeing regurgitated in this thread, is the “if we allow x, then y”, as if you could equate taking the best state of world pvp from the classic era and preserving that, instead of the broken one that came later, to buffing specs that were obviously too weak, which would legitimately break the classic experience.

Dis-ingenious, at best. Pathetic, at worst.

1 Like