Why did we kill Cordana exactly?

Seriously.

Imagine if they redid the Stockades and added a boss fight where you kill a bunch of Stormwind guards because they assume you’re an escaped prisoner.

2 Likes

That’d be hilarious

1 Like

This is about 90% of the villains in this game.

She was a Night Elf. I’d have killed her anyways.

There was also Khadgar’s carefree attitude that aided Gul’dan to turn her into a servant of the Legion. Something that comes up throughout the whole Khadgar vs Gul’dan story arc of WoD. Hell, Khadgar nearly got assassinated and it was Cordana that told him he is not safe being out in the open.

2 Likes

She was very much “in her right mind” she was a traitor plain and simple and she tried to force others to go down her route by torture.

And she got the traitor’s execution she rightly deserved.

Yes, I’m sure handling a powerful mind manipulating magical artifact that was purposefully made a legendary item called the Orb of Dominion had no actual effect on her and she was always generally a bad person who wanted to betray the Wardens and the Kaldorei.

I’m sure the fact that AU Garona, who was also under the orbs influence, would immediately turn good the moment she was free of the orb’s power has no connection whatsoever as to how powerful the orb’s influence is.

Nope, she was just a filthy traitor who deserved to die, be looted and apparently have her eye balls ripped out by the Death Knights for an abomination experiment that they were doing.

2 Likes

Compared to what the Demon Hunters would have done with her, mine was a mercy killing.

Okay, so.
Picture Fel Corruption like Halo’s Flood.
You do not spare the Gravemind just because he can think and reason.
He is your enemy.
He will kill or convert you.
Maybe both.

What kind of comparison is this? The Gravemind is an unfathomable abomination that could potentially consume all life in the universe. Corona was just a tool to replace AU Garona for AU Gul’dan. All I’m saying is that it was a missed opportunity to save her. If Blizzard wanted it they could have pulled some magical BS to cleanse her fel corruption but instead they wanted us to kill off the character and essentially forget she existed as her death has barely been a foot note in Legion’s lore.

Why do we kill anyone in this game?
Because she attacked us and tried to kill us and didn’t stop until she was dead.

1 Like

That is literally what the Legion is doing with fel corruption.

It is sad that Khadgar goes to such lengths to free Garona from the corruption. Yet disregards Cordana’s warning and then forgets to help her when she gets corrupted.

Especially considering Garona became one of Sylvanas lackeys during the war and couldn’t even stay out of the conflict.

Honestly Khadgar is a terrible person.

2 Likes

It was genuinely funny when that happened.

There was a legendary forum post on the old forums back in WoD ranting about exactly that, as I recall.

2 Likes

Great knowledge of lore on demons here, demons have been cured of fel corruption before. A night elf satyr was fully cured after he risked his life to save a night elf.(Elune was the one who cured him) His name is Avrus Illwhisper

1 Like

No it isn’t.

Exactly, fel corruption has been proven to be curable with potent magic. The flood are WAY worse. If you are infected you are better off dead with the only cure to fully destroy someone infected with the flood is to either starve them or burn them(and likely the entire planet they are currently).

Cordana wasn’t a lost cause nor was she some patient zero that needed to be destroyed. We COULD have saved, but as I’ve said Blizzard wasn’t interested in that idea and set her up to be killed. That or forgot that we bent over backwards to cure an AU version of Garona that we might never see again.

1 Like

“a god that in the history of azeroth has maybe acted five whole times cured fel corruption, so we shouldn’t kill them.”

No. Elune almost never acts. Ever.

Well it’s not like night elves have ever adapted to live with fel corruption. It’s not like a entire group of night elves infused themselves with demons and fel to fight the legion proving you can overcome the corruption without removing it. A real shame, I wish blizzard made some sort of demon infused elf class with maybe green eyes and wings possibly. It would be especially useful if such a class were brought back into the fold during the events like legion where Cordana was corrupted.

IF ONLY CORDANA HAD MET A ELF WITH SUCH A PAST! Like maybe go right to the place where these elves might be held captive! She would be extra lucky if for some reason by lore these fel infused demon hunting elves could see magic through some sort of spectral sight! It’s almost as if she was hoping to be seen, and maybe cured.