Why did Season of Mastery Fail?

That’s not really that much work though bro…

And nearly all of the runes are repurposed talents from other expansions. Also not much work…

A few problems,took place that harmed it.

1. Coiners could not coin as effectively as they would like.
  2. Blizzard screwed up yet again on faction balance management.
  3. Blizzard screwed up yet again on allowing fully geared Era characters to transfer over and destroy the BG’s and the economy.

Blizz screwed up again by allowing SoM characters to transfer to Era, this was a HUGE mistake because they characters should have been deleted with the end of the server, these characters brought excessive gold, and all the bots back to Era making Era less good almost overnight, this murdered what was for nearly 3 years a solid economy, and added like no joke 100K or more bots to an already High pop server.

Blizzard doesn’t learn much from its mistakes sadly, but here is hoping they might finally learn in SoD

I think everyone will be surprised just how much different stuff there will be in SoD. They purposefully haven’t provided any details on most of it, you know the whole “Discovery” thing and all.

I’m no game dev, did two courses of coding a decade ago (hated it) but even slapping the runes in is more work than you think. It’s not an afternoon of copy/paste. It is sometimes more problematic to amend current code than it is to just write something completely new.

I predict the first few weeks is going to be a bugathon with very regular maintenance.

Yeah its probably going to be a buggy mess because they didn’t do a PTR. But we’ll see.

Thought this beta SoD run was a PTR. just that all can test it and give feedback on what works and don’t for World of Warcraft 2 in 2030?

faction imbalance tbh pala was just too good for the raid due to salv

N = 1 is never sufficient to prove a claim.

Who you trying to fool, it would be a bugg mess anyway because its a blizzard product.

beats n = 0

• Making raids harder, just to get the same loot, while also draining more consumes and gold for pretty much no reason.
  • We were just a few months past vanilla classic at that point, and TBC T5 just came out and there was a lot to do there already.
  • No world buffs, making us feel like we’re whacking mobs with pool noodles after 21 months of having fun being OP.

A season release during an expansion that’s as raid loggy and monotonous as Wrath would have been more successful.

i liked som because i wanted to play classic agian at said time and it provided such experience.

Played till level 30ish, then i had to invest my time in more important stuff.

But it was no secret the playerbase wasnt very into it. The nostalgia trip into tbc had just started, retail new season too, changes that made raids hard made everyone else time miserable, harder content only meant more sweating because no class changed happened and so on.

The only thing they got from SoM and introduced ine ra was the pvp system which made ranking easier, before making ranking even more easier. Albeit anyoen whom dare say the regular player can farm 500k honor every week is delusional.

Not necessarily.

The people who said that are the people who didn’t play it, or didn’t even level to 60. The buffs were extremely popular among people who actually leveled to 60 and did endgame.

If were being honest, it also likely failed because it was launched immediately after Classic ended. People just played through the same game and content and were burned out. I dont know what Blizz was thinking honestly. If Blizz waited a few years it might have done better.

1 Like