Why did pally reck get nerfed?

HoJ exploit isn’t unique to them.

because blizzard is clueless…as usual…

Severalk videos were psoted PROVING they are wrong when they say Reck was liek this in Vanilla…yet…here we are…

9 Likes

It was a bug fix, and the current (1.13.3) version is accurate to 1.12.

Videos demonstrating different behavior were from previous patches, which had been changed by 1.12. This is what it should be.

7 Likes

doesn’t matter it was a bug that made their reck a alliance windfury

reck bomb in 2006 https://youtu.be/VTf8gQhejfE

blizzard hasnt “nerfed” reck bomb, they mistakenly bugged it out to not work the way it worked in 2006.

6 Likes

No 1.13.3 is not like 1.12 theres a blue post stating this. Look at this blue post at the end of the comments. Reckoning after yesterday's patch - #107 by Leothoric-incendius

1 Like

It is true that there are some minor bugs still, but as far as I know, those existed before 1.13.3.

The major changes that people are complaining about were to make it more accurate, and they did.

Because it was a bug that needed to be fixed, it did not act that way on the 1.12 test client so they made it back to how it was.

2 Likes

There are vids of reck bombs from vanilla. They need to just leave it at that. As a melee chasing people who kite all it takes is a hunter feign death to completely negate reckoning. And if you didn’t unlock everytime you get hit the game just resets your swing timer it doesn’t give you an extra attack.

5 Likes

If your out of range or not facing the target you don’t get a reckoning you just get your swing timer reset. Which isn’t what reckoning is suppose to do anyway.

Just another bad Classic decision - I don’t care what the patch history says, ret is a very weak spec, and you don’t take away a core mechanic like that from a weak spec when everyone who rolled ret in Classic had a right to expect reckoning would be there.

I don’t play ret, but it’s a downer seeing Esfand and others lose the enjoyment of the game for the sake of a nerf that literally no one was asking for.

17 Likes

this is a huge discussion on the paladin discord lol

I don’t think they purposely nerfed it i think they jsut broke it

edit - also reminder that you’re not a real paladin if u care more about reckoning than you do DI/BoP/Flag interaction

You a warrior brah reroll

2 Likes

Bigwillie the whole point is that they are not following the no changes promise. Also being able to DI makes no sense in pvp unless you can give me an example. But boping can still happen and if your reckoning and your flag carrier thats when you should care if reck works cause you get reck stacks like crazy. So that last childish jab missed its mark on making sense. Every spec can BOP, DI, and carry flag but reckoning does it best for dealing damage back out.

4 Likes

Ok i’ll give u an obvious example

Let’s say a priest comes out of e base with flag because he was only one on that side, but we need him to move across their zerg is coming. I might DI him if I’m oom to preserve his life for mine.

Or just simply forcing him to drop cuz we want flag on real fc

Bopping urself with flag has obvious benefits…I shouldnt have to explain them.

Bopping ur ally is one of the proest things u can do in teh game to force and early swap. So useful in a pug. Can save ur druid then just give it back to him after…

Bop and DI cause them to drop flag…

1 Like

Yes zeane i get that, us ee my tabard? I’m exalted with silverwing. Trust me i’m a bit better at vanilla* paladin than u lol

u run up to the druid, bop him, remove ms and any other physical effects, u take flag while he’s doing that

then heal him up, swap back

Ur a god

Yeah and if you bop someone in a wall of horde they can return the flag. The BOP in the use you said is basic paladin stuff so you can hop off your high horse. The DI thing can be camped until it wears off so that still doesn’t seem like its worth anything. Especially with an hour downtime.

1 Like

I have a specific macro for boping mt to drop melee effects in MC and instantly blessing him on the GCD to get rid of bop so he can keep tanking. Its 101 paladin stuff.

2 Likes

i already explained why, just more niche, if ur oom u might want to trade urself out. Or just bop is down and u wanna force a swap.

So useful

1 Like

I said DI doesn’t make sense. BOP is very useful. English not your first language?